tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Reviews for Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion

[Post New]by tinyzac on Apr 23, 12 11:00 PM
was enjoying the game until i got to the gear room to place gears only problem it says place 3 gears i only have 2 have retraced steps have uninstalled and reinstalled have used a different profile but 3rd gear remains invisible any ideas gamers ?

ajibiji
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by ajibiji on Apr 23, 12 11:07 PM
tinyzac wrote:was enjoying the game until i got to the gear room to place gears only problem it says place 3 gears i only have 2 have retraced steps have uninstalled and reinstalled have used a different profile but 3rd gear remains invisible any ideas gamers ?

Hi tinyzac,

Gear 1: on Howard's Mansion Gate Plaque
Gear 2: Behind rocket(Once rocket launches you can pick it)
Gear 3: Unlock staircase painting with key from "Blast off room" broken box (After the room is incinerated)

Please copy paste this URL to find the complete walkthrough incase you find any further issues
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/antique-mysteries-secrets-of-howards-mansion-walkthrough/

Happy gaming
Ajish & Bijish

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 23, 12 11:52 PM

To be honest , I was only playing the demo of this game as a little time-waster while I waited to see what the new game is, in about 15 minutes, now, BUT it's a really good game and caught me by surprise.

If you only tried the first 10-15 minutes then it may not seem so good but the gameplay gets very satisfying if you don't get put-off by the graphics style - a sort of almost cartoon semi-3D.

The Hints (very specific, too) that you can "turn-off" in the Options menu are in the Tasks Journal. The regular hint button is always available but of most use in the H0 scenes.

The map is a transporting mechanism and also tells you the active areas as well as the areas still to explore.

I bought it and it's great fun!!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 24, 12 5:34 AM
this is a GREAT NEW and different kind of HOS game. i really enjoyed playing this game. does anyone know about how long the game is?-------------doug

ajibiji
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by ajibiji on Apr 24, 12 6:00 AM
lisablue4369 wrote:this is a GREAT NEW and different kind of HOS game. i really enjoyed playing this game. does anyone know about how long the game is?-------------doug

Hi lisa,

It's up to you depending on your taste

If you love to decorate/upgrade your gallery by playing all 11 auctions it will take minimum 6-8 hours. (luxury,medium,basic upgrades for each re-playable auction depending on your skill)

All puzzles can be skipped after 45 seconds and hint refills every 30 seconds for HO & Non HO scenes. Hint will give you apt directions, additionally Journal contains "Objective" section which will point you to the next target. Also there is a complete walkthrough here in case you get confused anywhere http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/antique-mysteries-secrets-of-howards-mansion-walkthrough/

This is an extremely fun game, especially the unique puzzles. Since all puzzles/auctions can be skipped the game can even be played in 3.5-6 hrs (depending on your skill).

Thanks
Happy gaming

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Apr 24, 12 8:31 AM
I found the gameplay very clunky. It annoyed me so much, I deleted the game well before the trial was over. I didn't need that much frustration.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 24, 12 3:15 PM
I actually had a ball with this game. The hos were a bit of a challenge, the puzzles were interesting...some we have seen before, but others I haven't and they were fun to do. Loved the story line, and the unexpected quirks along the way. The gnome is great, lol. I understand this was a first effort for these devs, and I say kudos to them for thinking out of the box, and giving a fun game. Not every game has to have all the bells and whistles, and this one is different enough, and was much longer than I expected. It gets so much better after the demo, I think those of you who gave up on it after a few minutes, really missed a good game. I am looking forward to seeing more like this one.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Apr 28, 12 5:37 PM
Please give this one a try, and the entire demo if you want to get hooked on a very different and fun game. Everyone has covered it well before me but I want to be added to the list of admirers of this game. I didn't even notice the sparkles. To me this is just part of the game and doesn't bother me a bit. I loved the mini games and I only got frustrated in the bottle game and had to take a peek at the walkthrough for that one but it was still fun. Would love to see more of these developers works. Thanks again BF!

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on May 2, 12 1:30 PM
I really liked this game.

Many have said that the "objects were too small" in the hos. This is not true. I have poor eyesight and had no problem finding the objects. The graphics are so clear and easy to see that you can find everything on the list with ease.

This game was fun to play and will keep you entertained for hours.

Definitely worth buying and owning, I'm sure I'll play it again.

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on May 2, 12 1:37 PM
I was going to delete this game after about 2 minutes. The hidden objects are so well hidden that I became frustrated. And with so many good games out there I am not going to spend hours looking for things. But the reviews are quite good with some puzzles to come which will make me give it another try. I am not really fond of the graphics as they seem a little too straight line and not very natural if that makes any sense. Thanks for the reviews fishies! You are the best.

ajibiji
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by ajibiji on May 5, 12 8:41 PM
Cool review by Editor-in-chief of casual game rating site just up!!

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 7:47:16 AM PST

marykaren4
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by marykaren4 on May 10, 12 11:29 PM
loved those stunning visual effects during the gallery renovation from salon room onwards!! Also many minute NPC details like those cockroaches in kitchen, flies- moths in cellar champagne rooms & more

nannyt294
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by nannyt294 on May 14, 12 8:55 AM
This is an extremely engaging fun game!!

Story reminds me of Winchester's house in CA, where the owner kept building rooms fearing she would die if stopped. Also Stephan king's "Rose Red" Horror TV show aired a decade back on ABC had a similar plot - a Texas oil billionaire who built strange mansions - but this one was pure fun

This game has the best mini games & puzzles - all are unique and none are boring. Also it's more an adventure with lots to do - so many secret rooms, mysteries waiting to unlock. Some real thought & imagination went into this cute game!

There are some small HO objects to find, but many are just cleverly hidden without being a junk pile, little more challenging than usual ones. But I have to admit that I've been using 1-2 hints in almost every HOS. Since there is no click penalty and as hint recharges very quickly this is not an issue.

I loved that attention to detail from the very start. Also nice voice overs that fits the character. Except for some of the art work, it is as good as some of the CEs of late

Played 7 hours straight taking a small break for a quick snack, it kept me that much immersed.

Really enjoyed auction bidding to get those luxury museum upgrades! The other favorite part was a secret main character that helps to solve the mystery he is so cute and funny. This game has the secret rooms in the strangest places.

Again the game has an end that we wouldn't expect. If you only tried the first 10-15 minutes then it may not seem so good but the game play gets very satisfying.

I loved that menu track - felt inspired from Pink Floyd. And just put a wallpaper up!

I could write a lot more but the best thing to do right now is to download & give the "full demo" a try. Kudos to devs and BF for providing us fishies this fun HOG

Edited on 05/16/2012 at 12:42:18 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 14, 12 3:35 PM
I got to finish the game and now I am going to start over, This game is number one in my book..Plz dev's bring more games on like this one.. Thx BF

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 18, 12 7:17 AM
nannyt caught the same vibe i did... mysterious house with stairways leading nowhere, building just to build - that house in california was a real spook-fest, but made for an interesting story...

this was actually one demo that i didn't want to get up and walk away from!

the story is interesting, the character of seymore is non-invasive, the soundtrack is very 'background,' and the graphics are clear... like that some of the puzzles are very original - and i REALLY liked that the "gear" puzzle wasn't really a puzzle!!

at first i was a little miffed that the map wasn't interactive, but once i discovered that you explore one 'section' at a time and don't have to go backtracking all over creation as you move further into the house... i was okay with it!

i would actually put this at 4 to 4.5 on our five-point scale and will leave it in my GM to take another gander at when i'm looking to buy... good quality, just not sure about replayability...

[Post New]by michgeorge75 on May 19, 12 9:22 PM
I was active in another site, recently swim to the pond - strictly mac region.

Played a lot of HO's but this was a pleasant surprise - totally different from the crowd. It don't have all the bells & whistles of CE but some of the best mini "original" games I have ever played - The storyline set the surprise mood - Kept me anxious always - why the billionaire hid antiques & where - surprise element went on till the last scene - unlocked secret rooms in the strangest places - And the ending was quite unexpected!

I really loved decorating the gallery with all those luxury upgrades!!
It had all type of unique games - from Match3 to original games I have never played!!

If you love something different & original, then you must check this game!
Michael

[Post New]by nancypooh81 on May 23, 12 9:36 AM
Wow, what a cool game.

This game is a one of a kind although I hope for many more like it,won't give too much away but if you give it a go I bet a lot are hooked in first 5-10 minutes as I was,It is great & from there you just keep going back & disappointed when it ends.

Some of the best puzzles I have seen in a long time and I play a lot of games! They are aptly challenging and not repetitive.Saw puzzle was my favorite and then that saloon keeping puzzle, learned how to make those lightning snake "kick drinks".I loved how light, colorful and sharp everything is and the puzzles are so unique that they alone make this game worth playing.if you never been in a lift that goes sideways here's your chance LOL it will still take you by surprise.

I absolutely loved the plot and it took me awhile to catch on to what was going on. I liked the journal, it was easy to read and easy to navigate. I liked how the game was broken up into sections of the game so you didn't have to back track and tromp all over the place. I enjoyed the auction part of the game and it was fun to decorate my room based on my auction ability.

I highly recommend this game and feel it's one of the best I've played in some time.

[Post New]by catpersid92 on May 23, 12 10:16 AM
I loved everything about this game. I too, thought of the Winchester Mansion the first thing...but this Mansion/museum was more modern and the settings very attractive.. You job is to find and restore the artifacts that have been hidden in the house by the owner who is now mysteriously deceased. Got hooked with the fun storyline very soon!

HO's were a nice change to look at scenes without a lot of dirt and decay. I love most HO games, including the "dark" ones but it's really nice to have a fun, challenging game with a light setting for a change. There is nothing in this game that would be bad for young children to see and my three year old grandson loved "helping" me as he sat on my lap while I played.

There are dancing garden gnomes which give the game quite a whimsical feel, which I found very refreshing.Plenty of help if you want it, easy to ignore the help if you want to do it all on your own. I like voices in a game and this had just the right amount.I loved that ending a lot...

KUDO'S developers,hope you read these,more please....

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 7:46:04 AM PST

mpg1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mpg1 on May 27, 12 5:14 PM
I really liked this game! It was not dark & gloomy like so many games. Some of the ho's were a little small, but other than that, there a lot of [u]different items to find, and the puzzles are new (to me).

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 5, 12 3:28 PM
This game is one of a kind alright-but not the kind I find enjoyable. The graphics were not clear or crisp as I have come to enjoy in many of the newer games, the objects were hard to find, the puzzles were not fun and I had trouble clicking on the objects in the inventory. I have never before had to skip all the puzzles right off the bat. Too frustrating. I gave up just a few minutes into the free game play. Not for me.

Go to: