bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Re:Post any Campgrounds technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 1, 12 4:23 PM
Hi everyone,

If your game is giving you trouble with slow performance or flashing screen or crashing and the steps at in our Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article aren’t doing the trick, I would definitely get in touch with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would happy to take a closer look with you and it will help us better track any issues.

srags1 – I’ve found when this happens uninstalling and reinstalling the game has usually fixed it for others- and if you click the blue text it will take you to information on how to do that.

kimberph – one thing I’ve seen fix this is auto adjusting your monitor. On many monitors there will be a button on the front labeled "Auto" or in some cases a button labeled "Menu" that will have "Auto-Adjust" as an option. This may be different on every monitor so I'd take a look and see if you've got anything like that.

Once you've found the option that matches that I'd start your game one more time and then press that option while the game is running and see if it corrects it.

dakini – that is very strange! There could be a few things causing that, so I would definitely get in contact with Customer Service as well

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

jpeck
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jpeck on May 6, 12 7:18 PM
I am also having the screen blinking problem. The weirdest part is that it worked when I installed it yesterday and today started blinking. I restarted my computer, I checked on Adobe Flash, and I checked on Shockwave. None of those seemed to fix this problem. I guess I should call customer support, but they are not available right now.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on May 7, 12 12:27 PM
paintingchef wrote:
bevans99 wrote:I will build a tent but I cant see the tent or the bags of money I get the background but the tent and stuff doesnt show up

I have this same issue... any suggestions?

Thanks!

look here http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/208178.page#4232698

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on May 7, 12 12:27 PM
paintingchef wrote:
bevans99 wrote:I will build a tent but I cant see the tent or the bags of money I get the background but the tent and stuff doesnt show up

I have this same issue... any suggestions?

Thanks!

look here http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/208178.page#4232698

[Post New]by SquareKitty on May 8, 12 12:01 AM
I am also having the exact same issue as FairyonPegassus - game tries to open, but comes up with that little black box and then nothing happens but the flashing screen and I have to shut down my laptop. So frustrating as just bought it in the weekend sale and it's meant to be as fun as Royal Envoy!! Gah! Have unistalled, reinstalled, etc....think I will have to write to Tech Support and get a credit

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on May 8, 12 9:38 AM
I also had the problem of it briefly opening a small black window, but then it bombed out giving the error message: "The specified mode is not supported by this device".

My monitor is 1920x1200 and I am using the 64 bit version of windows XP.

I tried setting my resolution to 1600x1200 before running the game, but no difference. Then I tried setting my resolution to 1024x768, and the game Loaded!

I had just enough time to enter a profile name before the game decided my free trial was over, so I didn't get a chance to actually try the game.

[Post New]by MooseyMay on May 8, 12 10:11 AM
I'm also having the same problem!!

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on May 8, 12 4:31 PM
I am so glad to see I am not the only one having this problem. The screen would just start to flash (like a strobe light) and my computer would freeze up. I had to shut down and restart the computer.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem. I love the game and sure hope it is fixed soon.

I had trouble with Weather Gods as well. It would freeze in the same spot everytime.
I love TM games but since I have not got to finish the last two I bought makes me mad. What a waste of money.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on May 9, 12 1:28 PM
HatesTimers wrote:I Then I tried setting my resolution to 1024x768, and the game Loaded!

Thank you that worked. Now how hard would it have been for someone form BFG's to come and tell us we have to reset our screen to 1024 in order for the game to work.

Which is also the reason it was trying to hog so much resources it was trying to resize the screen and couldn't.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 9, 12 2:02 PM
Hi Fishies,

Screen resolution plays a big part in how a game is displayed. Depending on system specifications though, the same resolution may not work in every case. You can try different resolutions though to see if that allows the game to run. I've put a link here to our help article covering how to adjust that:

Screen Resolution

You may also try updating all graphics drivers and software programs, as that can sometimes be connected to those types of errors as well. Here's a help article with some basic troubleshooting steps you can try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those suggestions aren't helping, you can always contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on May 9, 12 4:05 PM
You can try different resolutions though to see if that allows the game to run.

Does this mean I would have to change it back for all of my other games? I have never had to do this with any other game. I don't get it, with so many people having trouble with this game BF should be helping more. I liked the game, but have spent hours updating and checking my computer and IT STILL WILL NOT PLAY. Not too happy about it I must say.

jpeck
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jpeck on May 9, 12 6:03 PM
The screen resolution solved my problem. Thanks!!

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on May 13, 12 12:47 PM
TKincaidIN wrote:

Does this mean I would have to change it back for all of my other games?

Yes, change the resolution, play the game, then change the resolution back.

Once in the game, I was able to go into the game's options and change from fullscreen to windowed mode. Then I could run the game without changing resolution. Of course, it then ran in a window rather than fullscreen.

smiliedaze
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by smiliedaze on May 13, 12 3:31 PM
kimberph wrote:I haven't seen anyone else comment on "centering". I have a wide monitor with native 1440x900 res. If I run this in "full screen" mode the left inch or so of the screen is a random bark like pattern and the right inch or so is cut off. If I window it I can see the whole screen. Game doesn't have any resolution or wide screen on/off options, and I'd rather not buy if I can't play in full screen mode. Suggestions?

I too have this problem!! Glad I am not alone. I know how to adjust a screen for games and have all updated video cards etc. I have been playing the game with full screen mode turned off. It solves the off center issue, but then I have the same jerky mouse problem that everyone else has, and often pause my game by accident because I have moved outside the screen. Sorry it isn't more helpful, but at least you know you are not alone!!

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on May 13, 12 4:22 PM
HatesTimers wrote:
TKincaidIN wrote:

Does this mean I would have to change it back for all of my other games?

Yes, change the resolution, play the game, then change the resolution back.

Once in the game, I was able to go into the game's options and change from fullscreen to windowed mode. Then I could run the game without changing resolution. Of course, it then ran in a window rather than fullscreen.

this will not work for me because I can't even get into the game now. As soon as I try to open it my screen flashes non stop and freezes up my whole computer. I have to force a shut down and reboot the computer. I did this 3 times and I am NOT doing that to my computer again.

With all of these complaints I am disappointed that BF has not fixed it or offered a refund.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on May 15, 12 7:58 PM
Wow, so glad it is not just me...I get the black box, and then the game loads.
But once I start playing it is very jerky and laggy. will try to adjust my video
settings to see if that works. i know i have had to do that in the past with
a BFG and it always worked.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on May 16, 12 6:19 PM
Okay, this game is painful to play...the lag and stuttering is unreal. I have checked all drivers, etc and changed resolutions...nothing worked.
This is the only game I am having an issue with.
Any other suggestions?
I did send the Dr. Felix, but nothing back yet.

[Post New]by sports4me06 on May 23, 12 7:09 AM
i am having a problem. Just downloaded the game and I can't see any of the tents being built. I see the workers and the scenery but I can't see the tents. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on May 23, 12 5:47 PM
Uninstall/reinstall:

I did this and while the game seems a bit better, now I'm in challenge mode! I also cannot find anyplace that will allow me to change it back. I went into every available place on the game, including options, and there is nothing that lists this. What do I do now???

[Post New]by HappyF on May 25, 12 9:01 AM
? use windows 7 and unfortunately today bought the game.
problem freezes, flashes, page becomes covered with millons of dots in verious colours. Later pc restarts.
pls help.

Go to: