Reviews for Campgrounds

Re:Reviews for Campgrounds

[Post New]by isabel_no1 on Apr 30, 12 1:36 PM
can anyone offer any help on level 25? can't get past it. am stuck in making up the happiness points, I always end up 10 short and can't improve on that. any suggestions from anyone?

much appreciated

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on May 1, 12 1:25 AM
I soooo regret buying this game. It is just impossible to get the wood needed at the speed it cuts and the limit of 200 pieces, I have built as many as three sawmills trying to get through some of the levels with gold. It does NOT remind me of Royal Envoy, one or two, which I absolutely LOVE. It does not remind me of Build A Lot either. If anything it reminds me of one of those Dash games, which I abhor. The Envoy games were do-able in gold without unreasonable time limits, as are the BAL games. THOSE games I cannot stop playing, this one I am finished with at level 30. I won't be playing something that is so fast paced it becomes unenjoyable.....because the game components are not capable of keeping up. I play to relax, and also to get the gold on the levels, I don't mind doing a level 3 or 4 times to figure out what to do, but I simply cannot on this thing, and the forums are not a lot of help on such a new game......Maybe I'll try it again someday when a walk through comes out that is do-able, but I doubt it. My opinion only, which was asked for and given.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on May 1, 12 7:29 PM
I have to admit to really liking this game. I bought it after I demo'd it, and have found it to be sooooooooooooooooooo hard! I have really had to slow down and study each level, often restarting levels at least twice before finally figuring out the strategy of the level and achieving gold.

I really appreciate the developers of this game and how much thought they have put into this game. I've reached level 30 at this point, and have really had to repeat myself several times in order to attain gold.

Thanks go out to BFG for offering us such a great [and difficult] game!

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on May 2, 12 6:04 AM
Peachy1969 wrote:Thankyou sooooooooo much BigFish I am recovering from major surgery and unable to do much except sit on my behind and look at the computer screen. I am not a HOG fan so rarely if ever buy them. Then today along comes Campgrounds and I am in Heaven.
I love Building games and although I am finding it near on impossible to get gold levels, I will have lots of fun trying.
More TM games please!!!

Since you have so much time (hope you recover quickly) I thought I'd pass along....if you have not purchased Build in Time, give it a try. It is my favorite building game. I've played it over and over and over and still enjoy it every time.

Pippin1978
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Pippin1978 on May 4, 12 6:00 AM
Best $6.99 I've ever spent. I've been playing this game for a week, and I'm only on level 29, just about half way through. Challenging, awesome game if you like building games. This is SUCH a good game.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 4, 12 3:29 PM
Oops I feel bad. I just posted in what is apparently the wrong place, giving my opinion on Campgrounds.
The game is good. I'd give it a solid B+.
I am not currently able to give a good review because i'm on painkillers but let me mention 2 things:
A. It looks like out of the 43 levels I've played so far, I've only been able to get gold on 11 of them. I think I may be doing something wrong! But its ok, the game is fun.
B. Come on, tell me I'm not the only one who finds the main character hideously unattractive! LOL I am not speaking of a real human being here, so hopefully I dont sound like a jerk. This woman is uuugglyyyy!
But yeah I love the length of the game so far.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on May 12, 12 6:32 PM
Yaelle, I don't know about her looks, but she seems to waste the first four days of each level. You have to wait for the first few actions until she shuts up -- not able to do anything else (sometimes collect money).

I'm checking out games you fishies have called similar to RE and BAL, because I liked them. This one goes in the second level because of her!

[Post New]by bkatecd on May 15, 12 3:28 PM
Way too much clicking. Started out okay and then got so tedious, I gave up.

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Mar 21, 13 11:48 AM
I like this game but don't be fooled by the first 15 rounds. !6 requires a little strategy. The graphics are good. The music is unobtrusive. There is a casual mode for those with arthritis in their hands. There is some strategy involved . There is also a walk through on the internet if you get stuck.

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Aug 16, 13 9:44 PM
I am totally addicted to this game!!! I hqave played it through 5 times now( still cannot beat the time on 53 though )I can hardly wait until the release of Campground 2!!!

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Aug 16, 13 9:46 PM
Just for newbies...you can turn the chat from the woman off.Just below her is a place that says Skip.Click that

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Aug 15, 14 5:12 PM
I think that the instructions are really poor for this game: This link provides great tables to show the points for each activity in the game. http://www.casualgameguides.com/games/guide/game_guide.cfm/Campgrounds-Walkthrough/Cheats-1/game_id-10480/#.U-6hTWOzpQY

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Aug 17, 14 6:44 PM
I have been playing this through for the first time and really am finding it fun. The only thing is it is quite hard to get perfect on every level. I have even downloaded the strategy guide but on some levels it took me many times playing before I got perfect. I even had to go to youtube and watch some levels being played in order to make it through and it still took me several more times. While this is a very fun game I would have liked it to be just a little easier as some of the levels are extremely frustrating when you have to play them over and over and over again.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 3, 14 6:04 PM
Based on playing the demo only, I kind of like this game. So hard to find a good building time management game, I'm on the verge of buying this one.

I like the story line, the eco-camp vs. money camp. Of course, I am an awfully old tree hugger hippie from way back - what can I say?

It's not too hard, and that is just what I need right now. I am playing on relaxed mode and have made all 3 gold stars in 8 levels so far. I don't mind the clicking as much as in other games - the constant talking of the workers. This game, the workers are really quiet while they work, and stand up and clap and cheer when the level is complete. I can play this game with the muzac and the sounds on, no problem. Just turned down a little.

Definitely worth a free credit, and I think I may end up spending the full $6.99 on it. Have others to try out this week, too.

Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in on this game. May not be the best building TM game, but it's not the worst, either, by far.

Enjoy it if you get it.

Go to: