Re:Post any Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum technical issues here only

[Post New]by Leadfootlily on Jun 3, 12 7:56 PM
I also had to reinstall under a new name and everything is working fine, although when I pumped up the balloon, it disappeared! Went to this forum to find out where the cobweb was and found my answer..............not finished the game yet, but, everything seems to be going smoothly so far..............I was having the same problem as many of you with trying to paint the duck, pull the nail..............good luck to all of you!

[Post New]by popoze on Jun 4, 12 8:09 AM
i can not find the moth, can somebody help me please?

[Post New]by Annaneedshelp on Jun 7, 12 10:51 AM
I had to start a new game as the cursor stayed a magnifying glass instead of the required arrow to put in the code on the briefcase to get the garage door opener! In this current game I am unable to push the elevator buttons to get to the seven doors. I put the arrow over any of the buttons but nothing happens and therefore am unable to progress in game. Very upset as this is the third time around with this game! To get so far and then be at a standstill!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 7, 12 11:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to swim in here and see if I could give some more help.

popoze - you can find the moth on the magazine stand near the stairs in the asylum. Here's a screenshot from the walkthrough so you can see what I mean: Location of the Moth - marked "P"

Annaneedshelp - please check out the suggestions in the article here about what to do when a game freezes up. If those don't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support so they can investigate things for you and see why the game keeps having that issue. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 11:53:45 AM PST

[Post New]by oldgirl52 on Jun 7, 12 7:03 PM
I have been unable to complete this game due to technical issues. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, checked for updates & fixes, started new characters.....glitches at different parts of the game & then you have to start new character, but it will glitch eventually also. The first time it glitched I was almost done with the game. This is a great game-but I would really like to be able to finish it. With only 5 installs, I expect I will run out of installs, and still never finish it. I have never had problems with BF games before, but this has been a huge disappointment. My computer is up to date, so that is NOT the issue. It is a faulty game.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jun 8, 12 10:17 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I started a new profile. Then I went on vacation for 3 weeks and left my game-loaded computer here in California. I just got home, forgot where I was or even about the issue I'd had, started yet another profile, got back to the garage door again, and BOOM! frozen computer as soon as I clicked the garage door. I was like, "Oh, yeah, now I remember why I never finished that game..."
I shall be contacting CS as soon as they get back online. It's not a "my computer can't run this game so it freezes" issue, not when it happens the very same place every single time and my computer runs all the other games I've bought in the last 2 months perfectly.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jun 18, 12 2:52 PM
At the fountain, I ended up with a magnet, not a water glass. I played along for a ways and finally reached a point ofwhere nothing worked. I began a new profile, picked up the water glass, goot to a 2nd visit to the fountain but inststead of immediately leapingon the sparkles, I chose to open the case. When I had retried the case contnets and stepped back, there were no sparkles at the fountain. And eventually I had to begin a new profile. This is a game I bought, and the frustration level is high. it appears that the only way to "play" this game is to follow the strategy guide.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jun 27, 12 6:30 PM
I am in the nurses room on the second floor stuck in the hidden object scene. I just need a feather which is behind the task paper although in the stragedy guide does not show it. Half of it is visiible but not able to click and collect it. I just purchased this game recently as well thinking April or May so is fairly new for me.

Arowyyyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Arowyyyn on Jul 10, 12 5:35 PM
Hi I've had a different problem than anyone else on this thread. There was no problems with the installation of this game and it starts up fine, flips through the adds and takes me to the main menu. But as soon as I press play the screen goes black. I can hear the sound effects but there's no visual at all. I've tried restarting the game, uninstalling and reinstalling it but nothing seems to be working. I've been a member of big fish for a few years and I've never had a problem with this before so any information you have would be great as I'm a little lost and would love to play this game. Thanks in advance.

Edited on 07/10/2012 at 5:36:17 PM PST

how to get moth??

[Post New]by elmadjid on Jul 20, 12 4:25 AM
is anybody know how to get moth?

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 14, 12 10:26 AM
Just popped in to see if there was a fix yet for the yellow duck/nail puller issue, not really surprised to see there is no help....not in the mood to start game all over again just to run into the same problem....Funny how these things always seem to happen near the end of a game (after purchasing it) and not during the trial (when we may decide not to purchase after all)....Must keep my eye out for other games by these developers....

[Post New]by switchbladee on Nov 5, 12 1:34 PM
Here's an issue for ya. I havent had ANY issues with the game at all until this. After I receive the candle and whatever from the last door on the left on the second floor, the strategy guide says to go back to the first floor for a second hidden object scene at the desk. I did this but there is no hidden object scene. Ive gone all the way through the game several times to see if I missed anything but I cant figure it out. I'm really upset about this because I really like the game and would like to finish it. Please let me know what Im doing wrong!

[Post New]by gammagamer on Nov 28, 12 8:11 PM
I am at the door an am suppose to use the magnet to get the key out from under the door. Have tried and tried picking up the magnet an going all over the bottom of the door and the floor and nothing........I like other posters have been playing Big Fish games for a long time ahd haven't had any problems until now with this game. What should I do????

StoreyGirl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by StoreyGirl on Dec 29, 12 9:48 AM
I still cant activate the book shelf puzzle. Apparently I am missing the Shakespeare note so it wont activate. I am really frustrated it's been weeks since i have been able to play, I've already emailed big fish but they didn't tell me where to get the clue so i am still stuck. I really like this game but I am ready to delete it because i cant play it :-( :-(

[Post New]by nimbinmagic on Feb 7, 13 7:53 PM
I am stuck
I have touch
candle,wrench
crowbar and corkscrew in inventory

I have read about book case , but still stuck and Tv, and back room on level 2, are missing star and canister

at the frount of the game I am missing 2 symboles on the shed

also the dog house at the cottage tells me when asking for hint to
use tourch and wrench
these games are great but this one is doing my head in lol

[Post New]by felinedevine on May 14, 13 9:58 PM
I can't get the spider's legs to move no matter what I do. I have tried everything including going through the guide to see if I missed anything but I didn't. This must be another glitch among the many this game apparently has.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Sep 13, 13 10:03 PM
Oh, where should I start ... I started out thinking I would like the game; I sort of like creepy asylum games. Then the trouble started. The sound kept cutting in and out. The custom curser and regular cursor got separated to different parts of the screen when I clicked on another area. The lag between scenes was so long, I could have mixed myself a drink. Sometimes the Guide worked, and sometimes I couldn't access it. It is a nice feature for an SE if it works. Also, the HO scenes were very dark; I usually don't have trouble finding objects, even in darker scenes, but for some reason had trouble finding these. When I finally could take no more and clicked on "Menu" to quit, it just froze up and I had to force quit, which also took more time than a normal force quit usually takes. Mac OS 10.6.8. All software up to date.

madmardi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by madmardi on Sep 18, 13 8:23 PM
I have a problem with the second door on the right -I've put the butterfly, spider web and amber on the lock, and now the door is inactive. I can put my cursor over it and nothing happens. I am NOT prepared to start all over again with a new profile, and it is NOT good enough for Big Fish customer service to suggest that as a solution to what are obviously multiple problems with this game. Refund AGAIN please.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

black light?

[Post New]by catsrobe on Sep 19, 13 7:50 AM
I'm almost at the end and according to the Walkthrough I'm supposed to have a black light. I looked at the guide that's in the game, plus the Walkthrough and it doesn't show where the black light is.

Also, I flipped the switches on the fuse box according to Walkthrough and nothing happens. Why? I would guess that's where the black light is. Yes? No?

The game gets a little glitch at the end. It was excellent otherwise. There's no way I can finish the game without the black light I guess. Is this a glitch in the game? If so I guess I'll have to abandon the game.

I'm ashamed to admit that I used the guide more often than I expected. That alone tells me that this game is very clever.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

black light?

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 19, 13 2:28 PM
catsrobe wrote:I'm almost at the end and according to the Walkthrough I'm supposed to have a black light. I looked at the guide that's in the game, plus the Walkthrough and it doesn't show where the black light is.

Also, I flipped the switches on the fuse box according to Walkthrough and nothing happens. Why? I would guess that's where the black light is. Yes? No?

The game gets a little glitch at the end. It was excellent otherwise. There's no way I can finish the game without the black light I guess. Is this a glitch in the game? If so I guess I'll have to abandon the game.

I'm ashamed to admit that I used the guide more often than I expected. That alone tells me that this game is very clever.
SPOILER!!

The black light is in the room on the second floor at the very back - the one that had the boarded up window - on the floor. In the walkthrough it's referred to as a UV lamp, then as a black light - very confusing.

Go to: