Re:Reviews for Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover™

[Post New]by chickasmooch on Aug 29, 12 5:47 AM
I am not familiar with the first Gardenscapes, but a few minutes of Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover ensured me I can’t miss the first part. Once I was into the game, I could not stop. The evening passed by sooo quickly and yes, I luv u, Austin.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Sep 5, 12 2:13 AM
I'm one who loved Gardenscapes I, and couldn't wait for the second to come out. I bought it as soon as it was released, and you know...I'm actually pretty disappointed with it. Yes, it's great, and yes all the features we loved so much have been brought back for the follow up. But we avid players cried for more rooms to the house, and more items to buy once we had finished the main storyline. We didn't get them. There are some added rooms, but the choice of furnishings, and decor is abysmally small. You have only four choices of living room suite, you don't redecorate any other room, and the rugs, etc and color schemes are locked into one of the furnishing styles and don't go with any other, so that you can't even redo the color without making the area look frightful.

It's way too short, too. Where the original at least lasted a bit longer, though not long enough, this one is over right away, with very little replay value. I hate to pan a game I love so much, but there it is. My fondest hope is that Playrix checks these reviews and listens this time to those of us who asked for "more, please" in the way of item styles and colors, more rooms to work on, a longer game, not shorter, and something that opens up, unlocked, when we finish the first game, that is different garden pieces or new decor styles for interior of the house. And more rooms to search, but to decorate, too..

In re not all the rooms opening up for some of you, yes, I've found that too, but they more open the more objects you find, so they say, and I have found that in subsequent games, using a different character, different rooms open.

Also, yes, they do have incorrect terms for many of the items, but this is not due to carelessness on their part, it's because the English is translated. Overall, the translation is excellent, but they slip up here and there.

I dearly hope for a Gardenscapes 3, and this time maybe more variety in choices, and a longer game.

nevarin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nevarin on Sep 9, 12 3:18 AM
I enjoyed the second part of Gardenscapes almost the same way as the first one. The devs kept up with the standard set earlier. It was total relaxation and neverending fun for me! Yeeah! Thanks, Playrix.

[Post New]by dontwannaknow on Mar 21, 13 7:33 AM
A very sweet game & it loads much quicker than the original.
The objects we're looking for change enough to keep it interesting.
And I like how it's "interactive"-making the butler dust things or feed
the fish or his dog.
I also like the bright and breezy essence of this game; so many
of the hog games are dark & dismal-death, skulls, vampires. Ugh.
Would recommend to anyone.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 3, 13 5:39 PM
I loved this game. It was like remodeling your house!! You get to pick colors for furniture, walls, décor...fabulous!! I also found myself just clicking on things within the hall, for instance, if you click your pup's food dish, then Austin feeds him a steak, it's just so much fun without all the hassle of....well, lets just say other SIMulated games......ahem, anyhoo....off to play gardenscapes 2. These are not getting uninstalled. It's a relaxing time and there are so many options to choose from. What a delight!!

[Post New]by confidence100 on Sep 2, 14 6:42 PM
I bought both versions the garden makeover and the mansion...Gosh, this game is so sweet and refreshing! I just love it, and like someone said...hate for it to end...It would be nice if you could keep recreating more of the remodels like customize it to what you want to add to the place. Some of their picks are a waste of valuable money, I would never pay that much for a bird cage...for instance, I'd would have liked to create my own choice. But truly, this is my most favorite two games I have the full versions. Please anyone...let me know when a new version comes out!!!

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Dec 25, 14 4:36 PM
As this game is similar to the game Mansion memories, what with the kids room and the green house (I think that maybe made from the same producers??), I declined to purchase this game, purely for that reason as I prefer different scenes and not just changed according to view on screen angle.

Go to: