sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sherisgirl on May 4, 12 1:28 PM
Ive just played the demo and must admit couldnt wait for it to end, thought I would enjoy it I dont mind the toing and froing but this just doesnt enthuse me.
Off to play Wax Beauty hopefully I will love it.

But this is a no buy for me.

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on May 4, 12 11:14 PM
love it
will break my budgetary rule and buy the CE

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 5, 12 5:33 AM
I finished the game and it was great! Long bonus too. This game is not as so many games. It's not dark. I liked the puzzles too.

Thanks BF and devs! I hope there are more games coming like this one.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 5, 12 9:13 AM
This is seriously one of the best games I have played. Hidden objects so clear crisp and bright, I just loved the one with the the baby bird. Puzzles not too daunting and bonus chapter absolutely brilliant.

And as I always say access to the puzzles in the bonus section is great, Plenty of
game play and worth every penny in my opinion,

Linda

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on May 5, 12 6:18 PM
I thouroghly enjoyed the main part of the game. The graphics were well done and loved the voice overs. I can't add anything that has't been already said about the main part of the game. I loved it.

The bonus chapter only confirmed what I learned in the main part of the game and was very dissappointed. I guess I was just hoping there was another twist to the game. In my opinion, I wish I had waited for the SE.

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 6:19:03 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 5, 12 8:27 PM
The graphics are wonderful. The game is challenging and fun with lots of moving around and collecting things to solve problems with. I really enjoyed the boat ride. What I did not enjoy were the same old puzzles of match and turn. Boring and only time consuming. I did like changing the rooms views.Defeating the bad guys/gals was useless. I actually enjoyed the bonus game very much. Overall, a good game, but should not be a Collector's Game, not that good;

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 6, 12 12:47 PM
I really enjoyed this and played it practically straight thru - about 6 hours for the main game. Around 2 1/2 for the bonus. I don't even usually play the bonuses but I really enjoyed this one.

I didn't use the strategy guide until the last half hour or so of the main game because the gameplay is non-linear and was flowing so well for me. Even though, as I discovered, I hadn't done everything in the same order as was expected, the game was unflumoxed by my oddball playing order and I loved every moment of it - even the puzzles.

I absolutely love that you can still meander around locations when you've done everything required by the gameplay. It makes it seem more like a real place.

Bonus: Greatly enjoyed the short hang gliding experience (probably the only I'll ever have) and the boat rides! Also the ugly baby bird animation.

Actually all the animations were great throughout main game and the bonus.
Especially, the elephant opening animation that loads the game and in the game intro.

And the music was very nice, even though it was on a loop - I enjoyed it.

Orneon has become my new favorite developer!! I have bought and enjoyed all their games offered here on BFG.

Thanks, Orneon and BFG!!!

Edited on 05/07/2012 at 2:35:50 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 12 2:42 PM
I just finished the game, and what a super game this was. I loved the main game AND the bonus game, which was a nice length.

Very well done, and you can see that the developers have put lots of work into this game.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 8, 12 4:40 PM
Very good game so far - but DEVS - please stop flapping/sparkling/flaming/etc. the darn journal! That is very annoying. Don't make me have to open it to get it to stop moving in my peripheral vision.

[Post New]by estelle2 on May 8, 12 7:57 PM
Not a review, but a question--Thinking of buying the Collector's Edition, but would like to know what type of
bonus puzzles you can play 'over and over' again after finishing the game?

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 10, 12 5:23 PM
estelle2 wrote:Not a review, but a question--Thinking of buying the Collector's Edition, but would like to know what type of
bonus puzzles you can play 'over and over' again after finishing the game?

I went back and looked... there are 8 puzzles you can chose from. I haven't played them, so don't know if there are more "under" the options you can chose from. What I mean, is that there were three "move it to the middle" games. Only one shows up. I don't know if you finish the first if it will jump to the second, then the third... if that makes any sense... hope that helped you a little...

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 10, 12 5:36 PM
I absolutely adored this game for all the reasons already stated!!! I found it to be a very long play... took me 5 days to leisurely complete after work. I loved the bonus play as well, and it was very long and kept me busy. It didn't really add anything to the game, nor did it detract from it. Just more play of a really good thing. The main game stands alone very well on it's own merit. I loved switching the lights on and off and being able to do extra things!! Loved the first game of this type and am looking forward to many more of the same by this most excellent developer!! Big replay value for me!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 11, 12 5:36 PM
yes there is nothing new about this game, however that does not make it redundant.

i found it to be quite enjoyable, but as usual will wait for se or sale

unit
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by unit on May 23, 12 6:36 PM
First CE that I bought and will not finish. Tired of running around to find next action to take.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on May 30, 12 4:52 AM
I notice some people can't be pleased by this game. This game kept my interest up. I love games like this! The first time it took me 12 hours to complete. The 2nd time it took 7 hours. I'll eventually get it down to 4 hours. How many games keep your interest up over and over again. This works for Me. And graphics were excellent. Music was great. I recommend this game to everyone.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 2, 12 5:39 PM
done. i liked the graphics very much. i enjoyed the different light settings. music was not an issue. however, the cave dwellers were hoaky and not the least big scary, and the ending was downright annoying in it's simplicity. a good many of the puzzles were also annoying, no real challenge other than to hold on to the game piece. this one had real promise but in the end, i was left feeling flat. how about you?

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on Jun 5, 12 5:23 AM
I have bought this game and although have only been playing for around an hour think it's fantastic so far. Love how you move between time zones and the different puzzels. I have to admit this is only the second game i have found where you move between times and it can be confusing but that adds to the fun.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 7, 12 7:16 AM
nice game, good graphics music so so. really enjoyed the bonus game

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Jun 11, 12 4:36 AM
i was a bit put-off by some reviews that said it was dark and rain all the time and same old same old so tried the demo and found it is not that dark and didn't notice the rain. way better than those asylum type games with creepy dolls and slimy tentacles. its fun does make you think a bit ie trying to figure out where you are supposed to go next and i know where i'm supposed to use that thingamajig - just have to find it but then i kinda like toing and froing that makes you use your memory muscle in the brain.

the hidden objects are not rubbish piles and kinda interesting with some reverse hidden objects. puzzles are ok too nothing irritatingly difficult.

so now tossing the coin on SE or CE

mwishard
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mwishard on Aug 22, 12 12:40 PM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
nell50 wrote:
cbtx wrote:Based on the trial:

This game is a prime example of everything else you've seen before. There is absolutely nothing new or original to be found in any aspect of the game.

The story has to do with someone who has been taken by a terrible demon that you must catch up to and rescue----I think----the game just sort of drops you in the middle of the situation without a lot of explanation. And then you get busy with the usual "clear the path, find the key, repair the bridge, get the water, blah, blah, blah." And there are HOS and puzzles along the way, both of which are completely lacking in imagination. The HOS are ordinary in every way with a little bit of interaction that we've seen many times.

The graphics are ok, but I've seen much better.

There is the usual cluster of bonus material (SG that stays where you leave it, bonus game, wallpapers that are locked, same for mini-games).

And there's a widescreen option that does not work----now common with the Eastern European devs it seems.

In the final analysis the game commits the cardinal sin of complete boredom----it just screams "me too, me too". Nothing but a rehash of what so many other games have done and done much better.

CE money for this borefest is just laughable, wouldn't even be interested as a SE or DD.

As always, try for yourself. (with a good strong cup of coffee )

(tex--best to you )

Ed-spelling

I agree. I took one look at the storyline and the pictures and decided not to even download it - played this storyline 100 times before, dark and gloomy pics as usual. PLEASE can developers get off the dark and gloomy gravyboat and start producing more fun storylines - hire a scriptwriter!! And brighten up the games. A definite no buy for me.
Is this a review??? Only look at the pictures and you know what kind of game this is.
This game is very good. And it's not dark of gloomy. Maybe you should try this game.

Go to: