DontPOP
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Comments for Malice: Two Sisters

[Post New]by DontPOP on May 6, 12 6:37 PM
Sheerija wrote:This cannot be said to be a great game, but it seems interesting enough to buy for a few hours entertainment. Graphics are well done. HOS are clear and not too cluttered. Story is so-so. Very fond of my Boilerplate mate. Hint and skip button quite fast. No voice-overs, but that doesn't bother me.

Unfortunately for me, my old friend the lagging problem has reared it's ugly head again and it makes playing very frustrating. Disappointing, I haven't had a game that did that in ages. No one else is complaining of it, so far, so I guess it's not the game, but my security system, once more. Nothing to be done about it for some months to come, so I'll just have to bite the bullet and get on with it.

I do have a sneaky suspicion it won't be a very long game, but one never really knows, as chapters and locations are of differing lengths. It may well take me longer than others, because it takes so long to get from one location to another.

Ho-hum. Carry on, McDuff.

DontPOP
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DontPOP on May 6, 12 6:38 PM
I, too, have a very sluggish game. Waiting! It makes it very boring. The game seems OK, but too darn slow.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 6, 12 8:01 PM
This game is running fine for me - just wondering if everyone having problems have checked to make sure their video card drivers and directX are up to date.

I like the game, it is a lot of fun EXCEPT I am so angry that they give us some fun interactive scenes and then ruin them by having it sparkle in there to show you what to do. Why in the world would you want to add fun to the HOS and then virtually eliminate the fun with sparkles in there?? It's stupid and ruins an otherwise good game. I am po'ed every time it happens. I like to find the regular objects in the HOS first and then figure out the interactive ones. Grrr. Nerts to you devs!

eta: I should have also mentioned that I am one of those gamers who prefers a difficulty mode option that eliminates ALL sparkles. I don't like sparkles or in game hints of any kind and then they add Boilerplate on top of the sparkles and there is no way to turn off the hints he gives you either. Double nerts to you devs.

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 8:04:44 PM PST

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on May 13, 12 6:49 AM
The game was not bad, but not great. Rather on the short side. However, to me, the most distressing part was the ending! Rather abrupt with no clue as to what followed. Loved Boilerplate and wished he was used more. If I hadn't bought in the sale, I think I would have been disappointed.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on May 14, 12 12:04 PM
Is that it, what a swizz, and I had to play with no sound as I had to download something else, which I didnt bother to do, as I mostly play the games with the sound off, as I usually have the tv going in the back ground.

It was ok and enjoying it untill the ending.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on May 17, 12 8:05 PM
I had the same response as Lab_Lover. I got the revenge part, but what was the ending? Not a bad little game and the developers show promise, but I'm bemused. SPOILER: Were they two bald dolls?

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 17, 12 10:38 PM
I enjoyed playing the game, but I'm not sure it was worth $6.99 to me. But then I always feel a little guilty like I'm wasting my money on games! LOL! I can definitely recommend it, though, in spite of the abrupt ending.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 24, 12 4:23 PM
sherisgirl wrote:Is that it, what a swizz, and I had to play with no sound as I had to download something else, which I didnt bother to do, as I mostly play the games with the sound off, as I usually have the tv going in the back ground.

It was ok and enjoying it untill the ending.

I opted to play without sound, too because I was not clear about just what the download offered and whether it was really free. And you are quite right--abrupt, unexplained ending. And while I'm whining...I admit to "brain fog," but these games have so many doors & locations that I like a hint button that points a direction, rather than flat-out telling me what to do. I get lost too often...sigh.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jun 12, 12 11:37 AM
just find this very disappointing, I enjoyed it at teh beginning and so downloaded it, but it is very slow,

Don;t like the fact that you have to click in precisely the right place or else it doesn;t work, eg when opening doors I hit hint button through frustration only to find that I was using right implement but hadn't clicked it EXACTLY where I should have. Just trying to get to end of game now. It could have been so good , but was just mediocre.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 18, 12 4:47 AM
I really liked this game, BUT... what the heck was that ending all about? I have absolutely no idea what that was about. *sigh*

[Post New]by Bigfishyfishfish on Mar 11, 13 7:41 AM
Just don't get the ending at all. Can anybody tell me what happened to the sisters?

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jun 10, 13 7:58 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the game until the weird ending which tied up nothing and left you hanging. Quite annoying after the wondering- almost felt as if they ran out of imagination and just threw something in.

Go to: