Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:Groupplay for RtMI2: Mina's Fate has started May 5th, all welcome to join

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 9:16 AM
@gingergal don't know if there are any good tips, only managed to do a few right myself and that was by shere accident, I am afraid. Haven't been able to repeat it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 5, 12 9:17 AM
I was playing. I've just had the game crash on me though (access violation).
Nothing saved. I'll come back to it later.

You can include me as playing and assisting.

[Post New]by TideWaters on May 5, 12 9:17 AM
Seems like everyone is well on their way. Just stopped in to sign in and say I am at the ants, but no further. Will be back later. It's almost like coming home - enjoying the game immensely.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 9:18 AM
Will do Mr_Russ Sorry about the game crash.
Hi TideWaters

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 5, 12 9:19 AM
Gingergal check my post on page one. I tried to explain it to Marie. You need to do three well timed clicks. Well... really two, the first is whenever you start. I hope I explained it right.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 9:42 AM
catfish girl - I managed to do 3 of sheer dumb luck. reminding me of crystal skull and that bowling game- I hate arcade type games.

jbolivier - sorry didn't see your post, thanks. I know how to do it, like it's in the timing it's getting that timing that I'm finding hard.

I'm so scared to back out and do something else for a while in case when I come back to it, it resets from the beginning.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 5, 12 9:54 AM
Gingergal you can back out as many times as you want. It won't reset. Once you get 10, that's it. There are a few other arcade type games along the way. I'm having trouble with one of them and I hope I don't need any of what you are supposed to get because I am determined to keep my "pride".

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 9:57 AM
MrRuss ... Well I restarted the game and went for the clay first and it worked (thanks for saving me from having to redo a whole lot more of the game than I have ) so I have now got 3 lumps and am back waiting for DH who had the cheek to go off on an errand and make me wait, the nerve of the guy .

So sorry you got an Access Violation and have to restart too, have another or .

Gingergal ... Keep going sweetie, you CAN do it but I am sending you some Good Luck for insurance purposes .

Hi Aquatic, Marie, Sunshine, Luv, Marianne, Joy, March, Dialogue, Tailteann and any one else who joins in .

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 5, 12 9:59 AM
I'm also playing ...
gingergal: make sure for the 2nd click, that the nut has a green ring around it.
(of course, the trick is to hit it right at that moment, LOL)

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 10:07 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:I'm also playing ...
gingergal: make sure for the 2nd click, that the nut has a green ring around it.
(of course, the trick is to hit it right at that moment, LOL)

cherbtoo - so glad you got it!
mr russ- urgh sorry about your crash

spoiler
The problem is I'm getting the green circle a lot but it still shoots out. I think I worked out that if the top of the hand is on theline of the horizontal brick behind his head, it's right.
Even that I still couldn't get my timing right. So I decided to swallow my pride and go on easy mode, which is a great addition. The only problem is, it doesn't seem to make the puzzle any easier just show you the 'green' part in the path, which I worked out but still can't get. So have switched back to hard mode!

Thanks for the tip jb that I can do other things, going to leave it alone for a bit.

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 10:08:16 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 5, 12 10:17 AM
Movin' along in the game here and Lovin' it ! !
Love your cherb. My poor Amber is in the next bed to your , as I, too, hit her too many times. Read your post CfG and now I know what to do to get rid of ** the Jaguar **. I have 3 lumps thanks to Mr_Russ' comment. I've killed poor Jep twice now....** once by the bees and then by the Jaquar **. Sure do like that space bar ! !

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on May 5, 12 10:22 AM
I'm well acquainted with the leave-it-alone technique!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 10:36 AM
stupid question, but do I have to complete the puzzle or is it just for points?

I discovered I had 6 nuts when I backed away and I've done quite a bit since and even had no problem with the next arcade type game and really enjoying it, if only I don't have to go back and get those 4 nuts.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 5, 12 10:36 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:I'm well acquainted with the leave-it-alone technique!!

LOL

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 5, 12 10:47 AM
gingergal wrote:stupid question, but do I have to complete the puzzle or is it just for points?

I discovered I had 6 nuts when I backed away and I've done quite a bit since and even had no problem with the next arcade type game and really enjoying it, if only I don't have to go back and get those 4 nuts.

You need 10 nuts but DH understood the instructions better than I did and had no trouble getting them ...

SPOILER ALERT ...

Keep your cursor practically on the nut, click once to raise his arm and as his arm is descending click the exact second that the nut turns green and you should get them with no trouble, fins crossed.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on May 5, 12 10:50 AM
Sorry I'm late but I'm playing too

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 10:55 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
gingergal wrote:stupid question, but do I have to complete the puzzle or is it just for points?

You need 10 nuts but DH understood the instructions better than I did and had no trouble getting them ...

SPOILER ALERT ...

Keep your cursor practically on the nut, click once to raise his arm and as his arm is descending click the exact second that the nut turns green and you should get them with no trouble, fins crossed.

oh haven't tried that method, was concentrating on when the arm was going up trying to click on it, so there were a couple of things there I will try.
thank your DH, if he manges to help me, he will me my "D" as well.

Don't mind having another go as I am not succeding in a phobia of mine, trying to get it to sleep. I'm not musical but am trying with every combination of notes.

edit - I went online to get a walkthrough and they said
"Wait for the green circle to around the nut and then click to break it cleanly." I know JB and the instructions in the game at the beginning say there are 3 clicks. But I have found I can only do two as Jeb auto brings his arm down and I'm not clicking.

The first click is to start him raising his arm, the second is to stop the arm in the right tragectory and the 3rd he is supposed to hold his arm, and you click when the circle turns green so he can drop his arm again. The problem is after I click to stop his arm he doesn't hold his arm, it just comes down again.

after it's coming down and I clcik on the nut it sometimes is green but more often is red turning to green.

Is anyone else only doing 2 clicks?

Edited on 05/05/2012 at 11:15:27 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on May 5, 12 11:14 AM
Way Hay - WooHoo - I've finished

Ha Ha !!! I see you all gasping with disbelief.

I'll come clean, for those who don't know, I've been playing RTMI1 and I just finished. Have had wonderfull support from CFG,JBoliver,joyfullady and Mr Russ - thank you all so much. It took me ages today and I died 4 times answering those questions. I hate leaving Popla there by herself.

Anyway - Will have a day off and join you all for this game either tomorrow or Monday. Good Luck

GMum xxx

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 5, 12 11:41 AM
Grandmamum wrote:Way Hay - WooHoo - I've finished

Ha Ha !!! I see you all gasping with disbelief.

I'll come clean, for those who don't know, I've been playing RTMI1 and I just finished. Have had wonderfull support from CFG,JBoliver,joyfullady and Mr Russ - thank you all so much. It took me ages today and I died 4 times answering those questions. I hate leaving Popla there by herself.

Anyway - Will have a day off and join you all for this game either tomorrow or Monday. Good Luck

GMum xxx

FUUNNNYY ! ! I did gasp. But then remembered you were playing RTMI-1. See you tomorrow or Monday.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 5, 12 11:51 AM
After trying for another 30 mins, I couldn't get one nut even 100% knowing I had the right tratectory (as I played it on easy to make sure) so I restarted the game and managed to get all 10 nuts in about 3 mins.

Sometimes it wasn't working in the restart (even when on right path,it wouldn't turn green) but mostly got it OK. Even retried that puzzle from the old save again for 5 mins as I was getting them nearly straight off on the restart, and still couldn't get one it wasn't working when it should have been, Sorry it's hard to explain!

anyway so glad that's over, so now going to replay for about an hour to get back to where I was.

Go to: