tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Post any Malice:Two Sisters technical issues here only

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on May 6, 12 4:38 AM
Everytime I click on the Glass Shard it takes me out of the game - I cannot progress until I get this object!!!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on May 6, 12 6:14 AM
Open AL Installer as explained on the Creative Labs website: " OpenAL is a cross-platform 3D audio API appropriate for use with gaming applications and many other types of audio applications." Can't link because mods tend to delete offsite urls, but it's easily found on a Google search for Open AL Installer.It's safe, but I did opt out of the install.

Perhaps that explains why game play is slow and jerky, although doubtful because audio has to do with sound, not display. It reminded me very much of how "Secrets of the Dragon Wheel" and a couple of other offerings by BFG behaved on my computer. And no amount of tweaking helped. They just did not get along with my graphics card, and yes, the most current hardware driver for it is installed.

It looked interesting, but I'm uninstalling it and won't be reinstalling.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 6, 12 7:53 AM
Are they going to fix this game? I really wanted to play it, but I am afraid of it. When something locks up my computer, I stay away from it

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 6, 12 8:10 AM
I also did not authorize the OpenAL window so had no sound, then, after checking the tech thread, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, this time allowing the installation of the OpenAL, and then checked options because the sound, music, etc. were down to zero, put them at 1/2 and the sound was fine. When I went back into the game, however, I found the cursor turned into a system cursor which was fairly sluggish, so I went into options again, and all I saw was system cursor, which was checked -- there doesn't appear to be an option of system or custom cursor -- I suspect you're supposed to know it toggles. I checked system cursor, and going back into the game, I now had a custom cursor, which was frankly bizarre. The custom cursor was actually a little less sluggish than the system cursor, also weird, but both were creaky. However, like several others, when I removed the robot's plate, boom, access error violation and the game closed, so it's been uninstalled for good. I won't try it again, unless I hear these problems have been fixed. My system is an XP, but this isn't that long a game so shouldn't normally have given me this much problem.

[Post New]by Sunshine2104 on May 6, 12 12:39 PM
The bucket I picked up to gather coal for the boiler did not go into inventory or maybe it is there but my inventory right arrow is not scrolling right so I can retrieve it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Clairey46
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Clairey46 on May 6, 12 12:46 PM
Cannot progress passed the Bridge after lowering it...will wait to finish playing this one when we get an updated version..

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on May 6, 12 1:39 PM
The demo worked fine for me and I purchased after my hour was up. Unfortunately, that's when the trouble began. Just before the end of my hour I had used boilerplate to clear the pile of lumber so I could go forward and it used up all of his power. When I got back into the (newly purchased) game, the lumber was back in place - blocking me from going forward - and boilerplate's power is still depleted. Now I can do nothing.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 6, 12 1:57 PM
I'm having a problem with totally pixellated scenes. After I purchased, I go into the Sitting room (on the left) and it's completely wonky. Same with the hallway to the basement door. Then other scenes are totally fine; continued on, got out of the basement , into the kitchen, etc. Upstairs to the far hall and it's all pixellated again. What's going on?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 6, 12 2:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help:

If your game is not displaying correctly, freezing or crashing, typically I've found that a few updates can help clear these issues up:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you click the blue text it will take you to a help article that can walk you through how to do this.

If your game is giving you an access violation, these can happen for a few different reasons, however this help article goes over those and a few steps that can clear them up as well:

Why do I receive an Access Violation error while installing, loading, or playing a game?

If your game is saying there is a game already running there could be a chance the Game Manager had trouble loading it. This help article goes over that:

Why do I get a "another game currently running" message when no other games are running?

For those who have OK'd the Open AL message but are still running into trouble, I would get in contact with Customer Support.

Of course these are just general tips that have helped other players in the past. If you try these and your game is still giving you trouble I always recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. This helps us better track any issues the game is having and a rep will be able to help you out with your individual purchase. We definitely want you having a game that works.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

Edited on 05/06/2012 at 2:42:19 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on May 6, 12 5:02 PM
I have tried under 3 different profiles to try & open the safe; it will not. So I uninstalled it. What a waste of a punch card!!!

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on May 6, 12 5:05 PM
I'm in the doctor's office ready to use the three colored vials...when...suddenly they have disappeared....yes...all three are gone. Hint tells me to do something in the doctor's office. Walkthrough shows where to get the vials...which I already did...but they are gone. I purchased this game...but didn't have a good feeling about as there was alot of "flickering" in the demo. Bought it anyway...it's not a good enough game to start over....and quite frankly, I shouldn't have to start over. The game is a bomb for me. I should have waited before I purchased. My rule is, if in a couple of days after a games comes out there are more technical comment than good comments, I avoid the game like the plague. I didn't wait this time and now there are more technical issues than good one.....hahahahaha...laughs on me.

This was my previous post which Big Fish blocked so I cannot respond back to BF. They recommended uninstalled and reinstalling. Did it. Didn't work. They recommended contacting Technical Support. Done that in the past. Terrible service...too long to resolve problems....not going to do it again. I guess I just have to eat this game. Buyer BeWare: If you see a technical issues post with more posts than reviews....DO NOT BUY!!!!! This is probably the eighth time this has happened after purchasing a game with little to no satisfaction from BF. It had been a long time since I was "burned" so I thought I would try again.....WRONG!!!

[Post New]by amierakae_54 on May 6, 12 5:26 PM
Kelili wrote:
limey_scale wrote:Did anyone else get a dialogue box from Creative Labs to open an OpenAL.32dll installer and other OpenAL files? When I clicked cancel (suspicious ) another box popped up and told me installation was incomplete. However, installation completed and activated the trial but when I clicked play, I got an Error Access Violation (I have a 1 year old Win7 laptop)

I closed the OpenAL popup and although it said installation complete when I started the game another box popped up to tell me I would have no audio unless I update or install OpenAl.
I continued anyway and they were right, I have no sound.

Same here and I can't find the OpenAl file now. What on earth is this file, I have never seen it before - a hook to get people to buy more games? First time ever I saw it. I clicked on close too and it also said the app had installed successfully. I have NO SOUND either.

[Post New]by amierakae_54 on May 6, 12 5:35 PM
anabel1566 wrote:I'm in the doctor's office ready to use the three colored vials...when...suddenly they have disappeared....yes...all three are gone. Hint tells me to do something in the doctor's office. Walkthrough shows where to get the vials...which I already did...but they are gone. I purchased this game...but didn't have a good feeling about as there was alot of "flickering" in the demo. Bought it anyway...it's not a good enough game to start over....and quite frankly, I shouldn't have to start over. The game is a bomb for me. I should have waited before I purchased. My rule is, if in a couple of days after a games comes out there are more technical comment than good comments, I avoid the game like the plague. I didn't wait this time and now there are more technical issues than good one.....hahahahaha...laughs on me.

This was my previous post which Big Fish blocked so I cannot respond back to BF. They recommended uninstalled and reinstalling. Did it. Didn't work. They recommended contacting Technical Support. Done that in the past. Terrible service...too long to resolve problems....not going to do it again. I guess I just have to eat this game. Buyer BeWare: If you see a technical issues post with more posts than reviews....DO NOT BUY!!!!! This is probably the eighth time this has happened after purchasing a game with little to no satisfaction from BF. It had been a long time since I was "burned" so I thought I would try again.....WRONG!!!

Annabel, actually that's the first thing I noticed when I opened this forum today..two pages of questions, more than double that for tech issues. I only downloaded the trial, refuse to play without sound and like a few others in the last few weeks I didn't like for various reasons, this one's going in the recycle bin too. Ridiculous all the little hooks devs have to get you to buy the game, this OpenAl has NEVER been used to open a game before, I don't even have the foggiest what it's for anyway. But wahtever it is, it DON'T WORK for all systems. I am running a 2011 Win7, no excuse why new apps shouldn't run properly. And the truth hurts if BFG would block our comments, that's the whole idea of a forum is to share problems and iron them out. And yeah, again - refuse to wait half an hour or more on Cust Service, the online wait times have more than doubled in recent months, what does that tell you (YEAH!!)

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on May 6, 12 7:30 PM
Not a very happy camper right now - I got well into the beginning of the game, had been playing for more than half an hour and was enjoying it, when suddenly it locked up with an access error. When I restarted the game, it had lost 90% of my progress. I'm pretty disgusted at the moment.

And trust me, it IS the game and not something wrong with my computer or the way the game was installed - I have no problem running any other games on my computer. I do NOT need to run games "as an administrator" to have save files work. My drivers are all up to date.

Basically, just plain a buggy game.

I'm hoping BFG or the game developers will get some bug fixes out, because I was really enjoying the game... but there's not much point in playing it if it doesn't save itself.

[Post New]by fluffyoo1 on May 7, 12 12:53 AM
The picture and the cursor were glitchy in places, but when I got to Lily's room all I could see was what looked like a test pattern. Fortunately, the cursor changed to a magnifying glass in certain areas. When I clicked on them I got a picture, so I was able to finish that part.

ysgol
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ysgol on May 7, 12 7:16 AM
when i get to a scene with skip button, the screen is blank so i press skip so i dont know what i have missed.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 7, 12 9:44 AM
Have read all those posted ... my d/l went fine, hit play went fine...did the OpenAL which was already installed from previous games went fine ... got through storyline and up to unscrewing the plate on the robot...BAM!...gave an 'access violation' ... did the CAD to end task ... uninstalled from computer using the C drive information listing, not a 'fan' of using the 'trash bin' in the GM

Really like the game as far as the 'video' showed, the front page reveiws, the 'tips on game forum' and the comments...well all in all while it played my mind was on the gotta 'purchase'...but now in limbo as may be more little 'glitches' going on!

And it was fun to share the same name as the 'hero' sister to the rescue of little sister...that was a real 'giggle' b/c not to many games have the 'oldie' name used!

Sign me ... ... on the 'hang and wait' list in my folder ... Lets

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 7, 12 2:03 PM
well I got problems with the flask and i did reinstall the game and still the blue flask is gone..what a bummer plz dev's send us a fix.. I see many people that like this game is upset as I am, The game is awesome b ut not the fact we spend money for a game that has glitches..once again DEV's get the bugs out before you sell your games
I am not a happy camper right now and i am not going to start this game all over to have it happen again..

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 7, 12 4:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to swim in with some extra help. With this game, OpenAL is something that helps the sound run for this particular game. Ok'ing the prompt about it makes sure that you have the latest version on your computer and helps run the sound.

However, if you OK it and still aren't getting any sound, I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support department. This will help us track any issues with the game, and in addition to that a rep will be happy to help you out with your game.

Or if you'd rather not troubleshoot with this game, Customer Support can also help you out with your purchase as well.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 7, 12 6:09 PM
i have no sound with this game, most dissapointing!

Go to: