Re:Reviews for Malice: Two Sisters

[Post New]by feenix2011 on May 7, 12 9:25 PM
Just finished playing "Malice" and really, really enjoyed it. I thought the graphics were wonderful - notice the woodwork and how aged it looks. I thought it was really creepy, actually, and the story kept me engrossed even knowing who the "baddie" was! HOS didn't really bother me, the mini-games kind of got on my nerves. I agree with the reviewer that said they had no patience for those kind of games. But I did find there was a penalty for too much clicking in the HOS - the scene gets all foggy and blots out the picture. I didn't care for the ending, however. I won't say anything else about that, as I don't want to spoil it for future gamers. All in all, for a first try (they say), the Devs have come up with a winner!

feenix

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on May 9, 12 6:53 AM
I would love to post a positive review for this game, since the gameplay itself is excellent. However, I have TWICE played for extended periods of time, then gone back to play again and found that hours of my progress has been erased, and I'm being restarted at a much earlier point in the game.

And the tech support thread is FULL of people having the same problem.

The only way to ensure you don't lose your progress is to EXIT COMPLETELY OUT OF THE GAME AND RESTART EVERY FIVE MINUTES, which really detracts from gameplay.

[Post New]by Copper_Fox on May 10, 12 2:41 PM
I am in a quandary.

I loaded the demo, entered my name, selected my "options" and had about two minuets of game play. Then I blinked and the Game Manager was informing me the game had timed out. Oh No! I fell asleep. That's okay, I can check the reviews in the forum. Oh dear, no consensus, the Fishies either really liked it or found it really boring.

Now what do I do?

Buy it because it will be an enjoyable game or avoid it like the plague because it is so boring that it actually knocked me out.

I wish BF had an option to replay a demo if you screwed up. Perhaps one free do-over credit a month.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on May 10, 12 7:11 PM
Jorie10 wrote:Ending? What ending???

I do not believe I have ever been as dissatisfied with an ending as I am with the way this game ended.

What did that final scene even mean?

Developer had a decent story going and then, as far as I am concerned, completely dropped it. I just do not understand why... A scene or two more and the story probably could have been wrapped up satisfactorily.

I play for the adventure, not the hidden object scenes (getting tired of them) or even the puzzles. For me, it is the story and the time spent exploring an alternate environment.

I am so bummed about the lack of a wrap up of the story that I wish I had not invested any time (or money) in this game.

Same here.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on May 11, 12 6:20 AM
Finished this game. Terrific game play for an SE. I liked the typewriter sound when you acquire an item, reminded me of those early Mystery Case Files games! Enjoyed this one right up to the end...but then didn't like the ending. It's vague -- MIGHT mean there's more to the story, or might mean just "the end".

Also, it was surprisingly short. I realllllly take my time in these games, and also spent a long time on some tricky minigames. But still, it only took me maybe 3 hrs to finish, including the demo time.

[Post New]by pixietink112 on May 11, 12 9:23 AM
The game seemed very exciting at first, but after I got to the end, it was very disappointing. I'm sorry, but I regret buying this game. It was a waste of time.

[Post New]by sister72 on May 12, 12 11:21 PM
Just finished 'Malice: Two Sisters' It was a good game up till the end. I agree with Jorie10 & GraciesDD I was stumped to figure out the ending scene. The only thing I could come up with was the sister had been turned into a puppet, but who or what was the other one; her dead mother? Nope the ending didn't make a deal of sense, such a pity, for me it spoiled a good game.

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on May 15, 12 7:49 AM
Jorie 10 has got it spot on! I was enjoying this game and then suddenly if finished!
What is going on? I was left feeling completely flat and mystified.

[Post New]by damnedfallacy on May 15, 12 10:28 AM
Count me in on the people unhappy about the ending. Nothing was resolved or even explained. I thought perhaps this was a collectors edition game where we might get some answers if we paid more, but it doesn't even seem that's the case. I don't have a problem with an ending that is clear but also hints at a sequel (MCF games, the Puppetville games,etc), but I'm sorry I spent precious time and money on this game.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 16, 12 2:30 PM
Again, with the sparkles that cannot be disabled?

It is a no-buy because of the sparkles. When will developers learn?...

Edited on 05/16/2012 at 2:31:08 PM PST

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 21, 12 9:08 PM
On the fence about this one... Initially liked it and bought it 30 min into the trial, but the more i played, the more tedious it became. Too, too much back and forth to pick up or use just ONE item... Map was pretty much useless to me, so a lot of remembering was required which was hard for me on this one as I was juggling dinner, laundry, homework and taking care of a newly diagnosed Parvo puppy... maybe it was just me being too tired to play today, but I found it to be no fun. Other people have had opposite opinions, and that's okay.. tomorrow is another day and another game.

The ending was very abrupt and didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I did find it so enjoyable in the beginning that I'd recommend that you try it.

Mibbles
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mibbles on May 22, 12 9:34 PM
Jorie10 wrote:Ending? What ending???

I do not believe I have ever been as dissatisfied with an ending as I am with the way this game ended.

What did that final scene even mean?

Developer had a decent story going and then, as far as I am concerned, completely dropped it. I just do not understand why... A scene or two more and the story probably could have been wrapped up satisfactorily.

I play for the adventure, not the hidden object scenes (getting tired of them) or even the puzzles. For me, it is the story and the time spent exploring an alternate environment.

I am so bummed about the lack of a wrap up of the story that I wish I had not invested any time (or money) in this game.

I sooo agree with you on this.. I've gone back and watched the ending several times but to no avail... I don't understand what happened AT ALL!! I like stories lines and did not like how this one ended. So incomplete. Bleh. It was like they left you hanging. But otherwise it was a relatively fun game to play.

[Post New]by Ladyval7347 on May 24, 12 11:33 PM
I totally agree with everyone who said the game ending was disappointing. I'm now sorry I purchased the game. Maybe their next attempt will be more satisfying.

[Post New]by nmsporter on May 27, 12 11:14 PM
Just finished the game, graphics were good and story was enough to keep you guessing.
Mini games. some were tough and others were easy, so that was okay. The map was a waste of space, only showed you placed once you had found them, and couldn't jump to places.
Hints were okay, it would have been nice to have more than one option on game play.
Ending was abrupt though, like so many others, they just left you hanging in the middle of a scene. Probably won't buy the "second"

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jun 2, 12 3:45 PM
Just finished playing this game and have to say that it was money well spent. HOS were good (not too dark), Hint button replenished quickly, and inventory items could be combined.

It would be helpful it the maps in these games allowed you to "jump" from scene to scene. Sometimes it gets repetitive going through scenes over and over again just to get from point A to point B.

But...am still glad I bought it.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 10, 12 12:49 AM
Hated this game after I bought it and then the ending was just the frosting on the cake. Mindless wandering around, games not fun, HO scene with pieces of objects sticking out. Then that idiotic ending that didn't resolve anything. If this is the way the BF games are going to end then I'm through with BF. This is the second game I bought that had an incomplete ending and that just ruins it for me.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Aug 25, 12 11:14 PM
Ho-hum, blah game but unfortunately I didn't figure that out until after I'd already bought it.
There are hundreds, probably thousands, of better games here at BF and I really regret spending money on it. But that said, a dud happens sometimes and I could have lived with my poor selection if it hadn't ended so badly! I was surprised enough that it was finished so soon (I was bored though so that was fine) but after the last scene I just sat here scratching my head in confusion and annoyance at the abruptness of the ending. No resolution, no logic even. Just weirdness.
2 big

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Sep 28, 12 11:07 PM
It is a nice, clever little game with an amusing storyline. I hope it's not overlooked. Some of the puzzles are very challenging. And it is a breath of fresh air.

Thanks,

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 19, 13 3:20 PM
(Based on completed game):

This game had potential. The storyline is engaging and there are plenty of creepy places to see. But I cannot recommend it because of the numerous glitches that have ruined any enjoyment I could have gotten out of playing it. It wouldn't even install properly; it got stuck at 99% and I had to force my computer to shut down just to be able to try to download it again.

It's also way too short (and I'm a very slow player) and the ending, as usual, is abrupt and leaves more questions unanswered and never to be answered. And now I understand the frustration people feel when they try to pick up an object, can't pick it up, and then have to walk all over the place later on to pick up that very object.

I fought my way through the glitches. I had to keep backing out and then trying to get back in and changing the Options to wide-screen (even though it did not fill up my 18" screen. I was more concerned with freezing screens than I was with enjoying the game. I kept looking out for more glitches.

The glitches were reported over a year ago but they still have not been fixed. There is no valid excuse for that. Even if I only pay BF $2.99 for a game I expect that game to be free of glitches and it angers me to know that BF put this game up as a DD knowing about the glitches.

I feel like I was trapped and a sucker and chump. Not good.

Without the glitches and with more playing time this could have become one of my favorite games. I love creepy games. But I don't love creepy games that end abruptly and are full of glitches. Now that I know the name of the developers I know not to purchase any games from them again.

and for BF:

Go to: