deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Reviews for Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice

[Post New]by deijiara on May 10, 12 12:20 AM
It's hard to play a sequel and not compare it to the original. Since it's been quite a while since I played the first game, there's little danger in that. I found this entry to have one defining word: short. The lack of after-game amusements didn't impress me much. I know, I know, I 'said' I wasn't going to compare it to the original, but if the dress-up Hari game sticks in my memory after so long, you've done something right. The differing difficulty levels was a plus, even if it would have required playing and replaying it several times to get enough hints to unlock the final level. And speaking of locked, what's with the tiny screen for story bits? And redoing all the character design? Dela looked like she could have been blown over with a feather. Hari is made to be almost a side note of a character in this. Lots of puzzles here, but really the biggest puzzle to me is how this was worth the money. I'd have bought it regardless, but it doesn't have the re-playability that makes me wholeheartedly endorse a game.

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on May 10, 12 10:31 AM
absolute rubbish, shouldn't have paid for this game. Waste of money

[Post New]by mommateddybear on May 12, 12 4:28 AM
I did enjoy this game, but not nearly as much as the Tiger Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box. I was expecting it to start where the first left off, in a taxi, but they are in their own car.

I think the puzzles were fairly simple but unique. I'm not a match 3 fan but there wasn't too many of them. The "hidden" objects were easy to find.

I too was expecting more interaction between Hari and Delilah and was disappointed in not seeing more Hari, especially since this is a whole new world for him.

All in all, it was an okay game, just not the best.

[Post New]by Gamers_Assoc on May 13, 12 4:17 PM

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 1:51:42 AM PST

Ducelick
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Ducelick on May 13, 12 4:48 PM
I about went nuts trying to find the sequel to Tiger Eye I: Curse of the Riddle Box after playing this first game.

Why name it named it Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice instead of Tiger Eye II: Curse of the Riddle Box or even Tiger Eye II: The Sacrifice? It made it harder to find for this old lady.

THEN why make sexy Hari an after thought? Two thirds of the fun of the first game was seeing the interaction between Delilah and Hari. Heck you even had to post a warning: "Please note: this game contains romantic themes." No such warning with this sequel....none was needed. It was beyond watered down. Took all the fun right out of it. I mean I am glad Delilah has a best friend, but come on guys....from reading the posts I know I was not alone in looking for more hot and heavy Delilah and Hari action. I never read the story lines, but the original was down right fun to read.

Yall missed your chance. Had you carried on the story from where the first left off, in the cab leaving the airport, (I mean a wreck? No Hari? No explanation where he was. The intro into this game changed the story line, evil cab driver no where to be seen; just crashed car, fix the flat. Oh boy, what fun....NOT) and then more hot and heavy story line between the Delilah and Hari....I assure you I would not have been alone in looking for Tiger Eye III.

Yes, the graphics are improved, to my eye, but that is the only improvement. The rest was a real let down. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Going to go take a cold shower now. LOL

Edited on 05/13/2012 at 5:13:50 PM PST

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on May 20, 12 7:28 AM
Ducelick wrote: <snip>
THEN why make sexy Hari an after thought? Two thirds of the fun of the first game was seeing the interaction between Delilah and Hari. Heck you even had to post a warning: "Please note: this game contains romantic themes." No such warning with this sequel....none was needed. It was beyond watered down. Took all the fun right out of it. I mean I am glad Delilah has a best friend, but come on guys....from reading the posts I know I was not alone in looking for more hot and heavy Delilah and Hari action. I never read the story lines, but the original was down right fun to read.

I totally agree with you Ducelick! your post made me laugh! Hehehe!
Bring on Tiger eye III- With extra hot and heavy Hari and Dela action!

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on May 20, 12 6:07 PM
What a fun game!!! I had such a great afternoon playing this game. The cartoon graphics were great. I loved the puzzle, not overly challenging which was nice to do. Such a cute story! I actually downloaded the first game since I enjoyed this one so much. I didn't consider it a short game. I think anyone should try it. It was relaxing and fun!

Silvia

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on May 20, 12 6:07 PM
What a fun game!!! I had such a great afternoon playing this game. The cartoon graphics were great. I loved the puzzle, not overly challenging which was nice to do. Such a cute story! I actually downloaded the first game since I enjoyed this one so much. I didn't consider it a short game. I think anyone should try it. It was relaxing and fun!

Silvia

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on May 20, 12 6:08 PM

Silvia

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Jun 1, 12 9:26 PM
Well .........here's a waste of time ...oh yeah this a sequel never tried it never will...the heroine some buxom blond with psychic powers ...and some guy who would pass as a young version of Arnie.. body size that is,,,,what are the developers thinking of

Well ........ loads of stupid finds .. loads of puzzles and a storyline that I skipped.. on top of that a cursor goes slow and really doesnt want to work

Well.........pass......no good this...

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 8, 12 5:57 PM
Everything SHEERIJA said and my opinion sums it up DORKY

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 1, 12 6:33 PM
After playing about five minutes of the game I quit to read the reviews. Right from the beginning of the game I had the feeling that I was stepping into the middle of a story. I have never played "The Curse of the Riddle Box." I noticed that, although many of the reviews for "Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice" are negative, pretty much everyone agrees that "The Curse of the Riddle Box" is an excellent game.

So that is the one I will try. Thanks to everyone for your reviews. At this time I will not purchase "Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice" but will try "The Curse of the Riddle Box."

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 17, 13 9:27 AM
I loved this game. It wasn't as good as the first, but it was still good. I thought the storyline was good and I loved all the puzzles. If you're an HO lover I would advise skipping this game. It is puzzle after puzzle with a little find/use inventory thrown in. There are only 5 basic locations, with only a few rooms in each one. The puzzles have the instructions hidden if you want to make it a little harder. There are also hints you can use to help you with the puzzles if you want to make it easier. If you don't use a lot of your hints you can unlock the expert mode, which promises harder puzzles I love the concept of the hints and the expert mode. Adds good replayability for me. More Hari and Dela would have been nice, but there was a good amount as it was. I loved the ending and highly recommend this game, but only after you play the first one.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 12, 13 1:23 PM
(Based on most of the demo):

I just can't get into this game. I think that playing the first game is a must in this case but I doubt that I will ever play it as "Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice" is just not interesting and I have no idea how I even completed the puzzles. I managed to complete the ones I played but never knew how. They just ended.

The objects to obtain are spread over different scenes and I do like that. There is also no penalty for rapid clicking and that's great.

The Hint button sometimes actually picks out a needed object but most of the time merely repeats what I already know from reading the text. I am not led to where I need to go. Those aren't hints. How many times do I have to be told to put the items on the tree when I'm looking for the items to put on the tree? I know I need to put the items on the tree! I can't find them! That's the whole point of the Hint button - to give hints!

I don't even understand how to obtain hints. The number of hints decreases and then goes back up for a reason I have not been able to figure out (not that I spent much time trying as I have no intention of purchasing the game).

I ended up clicking everywhere and just hoping. And then I would look down and see a new list of items needing to be found.

Graphics are so-so, nothing to get excited about.

There's too much going on at one time, there is a dearth of hints, the storyline is too confusing and it seems (from what little I played) that the game is a series of puzzles and finding objects. Period. I won't purchase it even as a DD - not when there are excellent games that cost the exact same price.

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 1:26:10 PM PST

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on Jul 23, 13 11:30 PM
OK, this was a fun game, a great change from the dark and scary ones I've got, and something I could let my 7-year-old help me with. HO and computer puzzles are our bonding thing, so I love the fact that this one isn't too scary.

I'd been avoiding it thinking there might be "inappropriate content" (as the first one had), and I should wait until my daughter's asleep. No need to worry, it turns out! (much to my dismay ) . If I had known that, I would have played this much earlier and it wouldn't be 2am.

The first Tiger Eye game lead to me reading the book on which it was based (and the whole series ). I loved it, loved the characters that show up in America (especially the pyrokinetic, Eddie, who fries the guy's cellphone at the airport!)
My favorite secondary character was a Russian who was telepathic and empathic when he touches something someone else touched. His reaction to shaking hands with Hari was... memorable!

Now, granted, you probably don't *need* the rest of Dirk and Steele, since they are noticeable by their absence at the climactic fight scene at the end. However, their inclusion, and some of the scenes that were left out, could have extended the game pleasantly.

The way the story of this sequel is in some ways SO different (Kit as "damsel in distress"?) confused and disappointed me at first. It was as if they went, "here's point A. We need to get to point T at about the halfway mark. Come up with your own ideas."

Wen's revenge motive and the Magi's motives were the same, thank God, and the kick-**** fight was handled excellently. Love Long Nu!

I liked the flowers minigame at the end, though it could have been a little longer. I like that they included almost direct quotes in Hari's notes.

I had little problems with the graphics, though the static quality was weird and a little cheap-looking. I do miss Hari being SO tall too, but the change from cartoon to computer generated characters didn't upset me as much as it apparently did the others.

Mostly, I miss the Hari/Dela dynamic, her cattiness and refusal to be intimidated by this mountain of a man. I missed the growing relationship (both emotional and physical). Hari was probably missing from the actual gameplay because he'd be too easy a crutch. Della had to do this on her own. Still wish this could be less PG, though. Even the kiss at the end was chaste!

Edited on 07/23/2013 at 11:32:12 PM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 24, 13 5:10 AM
Surprisingly Good Puzzle Adventure
BASED ON FULL DEMO

Being a stickler about graphics, and disliking the older realism style, I really didn’t expect to like this much after reading the reviews. Still, there was some disagreement over the quality of the artwork, so I thought I’d take a peak.

I’m ruling with the minority voters on this one. I think the graphics are great. They are what they’re intended to be, that is, photorealistic. Which is, admittedly, out of fashion, but that doesn’t speak to their quality. The scenes are all crisp, clear, and bright, and I haven’t seen anything like a junk pile yet, not even the workshop.

I’m also not too sure about saying it doesn’t have HO scenes. There are plenty of things to find, it’s just they are right there in the general location, not in a separate pile. You must find a set of particular items, often several sets, in order to progress to the next location.

So if you think of that location as a multiples HO scene, it makes more sense. A nice touch is that the game tells you how many items are needed for each set, and when you have found all the items that are in one place, so you know to look for the rest of the set in another.

I do think I am able to appreciate this game more than other reviewers because I HAVEN’T played the first, which seems to have set up expectations that this one doesn't deliver on.

This is not the world’s most exciting or sophisticated game. The romance (what little there is of it) seems childish, but it’s an easy time killer and nice to play.

I recommend this game!

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on Dec 13, 13 5:03 PM
deijiara wrote:It's hard to play a sequel and not compare it to the original. Since it's been quite a while since I played the first game, there's little danger in that. I found this entry to have one defining word: short. The lack of after-game amusements didn't impress me much. I know, I know, I 'said' I wasn't going to compare it to the original, but if the dress-up Hari game sticks in my memory after so long, you've done something right. The differing difficulty levels was a plus, even if it would have required playing and replaying it several times to get enough hints to unlock the final level. And speaking of locked, what's with the tiny screen for story bits? And redoing all the character design? Dela looked like she could have been blown over with a feather. Hari is made to be almost a side note of a character in this. Lots of puzzles here, but really the biggest puzzle to me is how this was worth the money. I'd have bought it regardless, but it doesn't have the re-playability that makes me wholeheartedly endorse a game.

I have to agree with deijiara and many of the other reviewers. I was enjoying the recent Big Fish sale and picked this up based on my enjoyment of "part 1". Now that game had its flaws too, but the story and the characters kept me going. For those who did not like the romance aspect in the first one, sorry...for me that was the big draw and point of the game...something unique and different about it that wasn't mainly about the blood/gore (I like those too, but they can get a bit repetitive) or fairy unicorn sugar shock , but a game in the middle for us grown ups. Wish had more adult themed games actually for the rest of us.

Sure, the graphics were only so-so in the first one and honestly I found myself just moving through the story to get to the cut scenes. The sequel beefs up the graphics somewhat (but the characters look horrible -- Hari and Dela are just plain...UGLY now, sorry). The character development and plot/story is all but gone, and as someone else mentioned, Hari isn't even PART of the story really (saw him 2 split seconds in 30 minutes of game play) and there really is very little point without the story, in my honest opinion. If I just want clever puzzles I'll (re)play Azada or something like it...they sold the soul of the original it seems to push this one out... sorry, highly disappointed that I "sacrificed" even $4.99 on this one.

Go to: