Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Comments for Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Bpup on May 10, 12 9:58 AM
Cologne is one of those cities that has shifted back and forth between France and Germany as their borders have changed over the centuries, and its name has been either Germanized or Frenchified depending on who currently has sovereignty over it. What it's called probably depends on the historical slant of the history books used in schools.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 10, 12 10:01 AM
Valdy wrote:
sunshinej wrote:A definte buy for me, I like Blue Tea games. Does anyone know if Blue Tea games will still be making their Dark Parable series? Because those are a FROG while this one is a HOG. Sometimes I like to play a good FROG game and Blue Tea ones are one of the best.

You've got a point there, Sunshine. This is not a "Dark Parables" game. I assumed that the FROGs were kind of their trade mark, but perhaps they only do them in the "Dark Parables" games.

But to be honest, I am glad that the HOS in this game are not fragmented. I have always had trouble finding the objects in the HOS of Blue Tea games, but the reason was that the fragmented objects often blended in so well with the background, that I just couldn't see them clearly, i.e. brown item on brown background, and such.

So I am glad that they have given us really good HOS with this game, where I have no trouble finding objects. They are all clearly defined, and they don't have the same shading as the background they are on.
Yes! That,s exactly why I dislike FROGS Valdy. I get a headache trying to find those fragments.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 10:27 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:Sorry, Valdy. I hadn't seen that you'd had the discussion about the spelling already. I've removed my post.

That's OK. I deleted my post as well.

grannyq wrote:Yes! That,s exactly why I dislike FROGS Valdy. I get a headache trying to find those fragments.

Glad I am not the only one who didn't care for those FROGs. I don't mind them usually, but always found those from Blue Tea Games quite difficult to manage, and had to use a lot of hints.

Well... after long consideration, and because I always liked the bonus games that come with Blue Tea Games, and because they offer a different story to the main game, I decided to buy the CE after all.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on May 10, 12 11:36 AM
Valdy wrote:[Well... after long consideration, and because I always liked the bonus games that come with Blue Tea Games, and because they offer a different story to the main game, I decided to buy the CE after all.

I was thinking about the different bonus game as well. Just finished the demo in 57 minutes. Skipped a mini or 2 in order to move along in the game. I really enjoyed this one and don't like fragmented that much although I do own a few because I liked the rest of the game. This one seems to have a lot going on and I like that. I did find 3 morphing objects by accident frantic clicking will do that! I'm hoping that you can enter all the cool looking buildings and not just look at them though. I feel cheated when I can't enter a building even if I do have to find keys, rocks, acid, chain cutters and of course a crow bar. Ahhh, I only need one more punch to fill a card but it's only the 10th of the month and Sunday is sure to be another winner!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 10, 12 12:06 PM
No haunted mansions nor insane asylums here, instead a nice village to walk through. I enjoy meandering and looking around rats and all. I wish you could go into some of the stores. Nice graphics, lots of things to do. Loved the puzzle on the box in the carriage, very cute and different. Even though I have tried staying away from CE's, I may cave and buy this one. Willpower?....... what willpower?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 10, 12 12:19 PM
mhatfie wrote:No haunted mansions nor insane asylums here, instead a nice village to walk through. I enjoy meandering and looking around rats and all. I wish you could go into some of the stores. Nice graphics, lots of things to do. Loved the puzzle on the box in the carriage, very cute and different. Even though I have tried staying away from CE's, I may cave and buy this one. Willpower?....... what willpower?

Hi, how are you
From what has been said, this is not a very long game. I am a little disappointed by the lack of puzzles but lots of HO scenes.
Enjoy, whatever you decide.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 12:47 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:
Valdy wrote:Well... after long consideration, and because I always liked the bonus games that come with Blue Tea Games, and because they offer a different story to the main game, I decided to buy the CE after all.

I was thinking about the different bonus game as well. Just finished the demo in 57 minutes. Skipped a mini or 2 in order to move along in the game. I really enjoyed this one and don't like fragmented that much although I do own a few because I liked the rest of the game. This one seems to have a lot going on and I like that. I did find 3 morphing objects by accident frantic clicking will do that! I'm hoping that you can enter all the cool looking buildings and not just look at them though. I feel cheated when I can't enter a building even if I do have to find keys, rocks, acid, chain cutters and of course a crow bar. Ahhh, I only need one more punch to fill a card but it's only the 10th of the month and Sunday is sure to be another winner!

That is what disappoints me quite often as well, Peeshee. At long last, you get to open a door, and all you get is another HOS.
And I am really glad this game does not have the fragmented hidden objects. As I mentioned before, they were always awfully hard to find in the Blue Tea games. I really like the look of these HOS.

I am really glad I did decide to buy the CE. I have now played for a while, and it's much better than I first thought it would be.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 10, 12 1:38 PM
peglegann wrote:
mhatfie wrote:No haunted mansions nor insane asylums here, instead a nice village to walk through. I enjoy meandering and looking around rats and all. I wish you could go into some of the stores. Nice graphics, lots of things to do. Loved the puzzle on the box in the carriage, very cute and different. Even though I have tried staying away from CE's, I may cave and buy this one. Willpower?....... what willpower?

Hi, how are you
From what has been said, this is not a very long game. I am a little disappointed by the lack of puzzles but lots of HO scenes.
Enjoy, whatever you decide.

Hello peglegann
Too bad about the lack of puzzles and I am not too fond of too many HO scenes. Short for others is probably about right for me as I am not a fast player and I usually take breaks. I probably will still buy as I liked the scenery LOL.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 10, 12 2:09 PM
I know length isn't everything (although that's not what I tell DH!) but I found this to be shorter than expected. With a 52 min demo, I thought I was buying a 4-5 hr game. In fact, it took me - guesstimate here but I didn't start playing again until after lunch and was finished in time for the school run - just under 3 hrs. This was on hardest mode and using the SG only for a short section in the final chapter of the main game. I haven't played the bonus yet.

Whilst I loved the game at the start, the tooing and froing did get a tiny bit tedious and I think it is was rather short for the CE price. Even if the bonus lasts an hour (doubtful going on past BT games), that's still a sub 4 hr game.

For other faster/ experience players, thought this info might be useful. I don't regret buying the CE as I had nowt else to play today, but I will think more carefully before splashing out in future.

(I had started this as a separate thread but bfgSeine locked it because she felt it would be better in the comments thread so apologies if you've already read it!)

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 10, 12 3:32 PM
I just want to make a quick comment that I don't put Blue Tea Games in any category pertaining to solely FROG games or H0G games because if you remember, back in the day, their first offerings were the Enlightenus series which I freaking adore and those were "putting the objects back in place" so I don't think its unusual for a developer to try out many different kinds of gameplay to appeal to all audiences. I personally, would rather see a developer change it up once in awhile then to see the same type game over and over and over again. For instance, I love the dark parables games but this last one about the ice queen, really disappointed me. The graphics were superb as always but the mini games made no sense and it just had an overall lack of cohesion in my opinion. I knew from the snapshots that this was a blue tea game not because of the hidden object scenes but because of the graphics. I think its interesting to see a developer do lots of things well instead of only being able to do one thing like FROGS. I like the change of pace and scenery so it doesn't become like other developers who I won't mention, that do the same thing every single time and it gets boring. I always buy blue tea games whereas I stopped buying other developers games because they were too same ol, same ol. Just my opinion. xx

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 10, 12 3:34 PM
peglegann wrote:Hi Linda and Robilyn
Megwoman excellent review in the other thread
I see that we have morphing objects to find but not always the first time that you go into a scene.
There is also a map, to show where you are but you cannot use it to move to anotjer place.
Looks like this may be a very good game.

Have fun everyone. I have to go and do some work now

thank you Ive tried to be less negative in my reviews as before I was always complaining haha but I love developers who change things up and I simply adore blue tea games. And I couldn't find a fabled object at all lol I had to go back and I thought gosh this is a challenge in itself LOL xx

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 3:35:45 PM PST

makewecasa
Clownfish
Clownfish
878 Posts

[Post New]by makewecasa on May 10, 12 4:37 PM
Rant: For all the people who are grateful that they took the FROGs out, have you ever looked at the mix there is now of FROGs to IHOGs? We FROG lovers never get on here and say how much better the IHOGs would be if they just had fragmented objects! Blue Tea was the one developer I could count on for the few FROGs that existed. This is a beautiful game, but it could have been made by any good developer. If all of the rest of the games follow this pattern, they will lose what makes them unique, and we FROG lovers will lose what few quality games we already had. End of Rant

That being said, it is a visual treat. If it had been a different developer I wouldn't have been disappointed about any part of it.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 10, 12 4:48 PM
My ideal game would be one with a 50/50 mix of FROGS a la the previous Blue Tea, and HOGs. Why hasn't someone thought of that already? Seriously, it would keep us on our toes, cater for more tastes and perhaps keep the game a little more interesting.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on May 10, 12 4:52 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:I agree that this probably will be too short for me to buy it as a CE. Too bad, because the graphics were quite good.

My only problem? Who on earth would be afraid of a flute player (I say that lovingly, considering how many female flautists I've known over the years)?

I have a phobia of James Last if that helps...

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on May 10, 12 6:49 PM
I love Blue Tea Games and will get this CE as soon as I can. There have been some really good ones lately. Having a hard time not splurging.

I can kind of get the name change for some of the places but how they got Danube out of Danau is beyond me. They sound nothing alike.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 10, 12 10:16 PM
Rachieroos wrote:I know length isn't everything (although that's not what I tell DH!) but I found this to be shorter than expected. With a 52 min demo, I thought I was buying a 4-5 hr game. In fact, it took me - guesstimate here but I didn't start playing again until after lunch and was finished in time for the school run - just under 3 hrs. This was on hardest mode and using the SG only for a short section in the final chapter of the main game. I haven't played the bonus yet.

Whilst I loved the game at the start, the tooing and froing did get a tiny bit tedious and I think it is was rather short for the CE price. Even if the bonus lasts an hour (doubtful going on past BT games), that's still a sub 4 hr game.

For other faster/ experience players, thought this info might be useful. I don't regret buying the CE as I had nowt else to play today, but I will think more carefully before splashing out in future.

(I had started this as a separate thread but bfgSeine locked it because she felt it would be better in the comments thread so apologies if you've already read it!)

and this is why i stopped buying ce.s... you want my monry,,,,ask me for at least 4 hours of my life

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on May 10, 12 10:29 PM
I don't understand all the kafuffle about rats. Rats are just like any other animals, innocent and harmless. And for those about to bludgeon me with the Plague of London, it wasn't caused by rats,but by the fleas they carried, to which the rats were immune. I used to have a white rat named Sam and he was just as sweet, cute, and affectionate as it's possible to get. Rats are just as adorable as rabbits, hamsters or guinea pigs. It's the word "rat" that's the problem. Take that out of the equation and you just have an animal with as much right to live as any other. So they're social and stick together. So what. So do a whole bunch of other animals. They're not vicious. They don't attack people or other animals. They're just trying to scratch a living and it's a heck of a hard life.

"All creatures, great and small, the Lord God made them all."

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 10, 12 10:42 PM
Sheerija wrote:I don't understand all the kafuffle about rats. Rats are just like any other animals, innocent and harmless. And for those about to bludgeon me with the Plague of London, it wasn't caused by rats,but by the fleas they carried, to which the rats were immune. I used to have a white rat named Sam and he was just as sweet, cute, and affectionate as it's possible to get. Rats are just as adorable as rabbits, hamsters or guinea pigs. It's the word "rat" that's the problem. Take that out of the equation and you just have an animal with as much right to live as any other. So they're social and stick together. So what. So do a whole bunch of other animals. They're not vicious. They don't attack people or other animals. They're just trying to scratch a living and it's a heck of a hard life.

"All creatures, great and small, the Lord God made them all."

i had a pet rat as a kid, his name was " Kissy poo" and i trained him, to among other things, to beg (stand on hind legs for food) come when called, hug. wrap his little hands round my finger, and hence his name "Kisssy poo. give me a kiss ( he would stand on his hind legs, and lick you)"'

he was a sweet affectionate pet... people tend to give human emotions only to puppies and kitties,,,,but any other beings are capable of the same affection

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 12 11:20 PM
makewecasa wrote:Rant: For all the people who are grateful that they took the FROGs out, have you ever looked at the mix there is now of FROGs to IHOGs? We FROG lovers never get on here and say how much better the IHOGs would be if they just had fragmented objects! Blue Tea was the one developer I could count on for the few FROGs that existed. This is a beautiful game, but it could have been made by any good developer. If all of the rest of the games follow this pattern, they will lose what makes them unique, and we FROG lovers will lose what few quality games we already had. End of Rant

That being said, it is a visual treat. If it had been a different developer I wouldn't have been disappointed about any part of it.

Well, I never said I don't like FROGs. I do like them. I just never liked the ones from Blue Tea Games. And I did explain why. It's not that I have problems with finding fragmented items, it's that in the past, the developers have made the objects impossible to find by making the colours and/or shades of the objects the same as the background. That is the only reason I never liked them.
If, in fact, the fragmented hidden object scenes had been as wonderfully done as they are done in this game, I would have no objections at all to finding fragmented objects.

--- --- ---

And for those who don't like the rats: As WolfenRaindancer said in the Reviews thread: This game is all about rats.

The large moving spiders are what I can't stand. There is one in the basement of the stables, which moves a lot and looks like something one of the Aliens could have given birth to. YUCK...

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 11:34:18 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 12 12:20 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:Posting this here since I understand that bigfish shares only the reviews and not the comments threads with the devs (is that correct?)

It's a beautiful game and I'm dying to buy it but unfortunately the dev has tied my hands so I can't purchase until it's an SE. They locked the bonus content until after you finish the bonus game. Ummm once I pay for the game it's mine and I should be able to access everything I paid for. I'm not going to pay double for a game when I won't even be able to use the wallpapers and things until I finish. (And not even finish just the main game but finish the BONUS game as well... hey that's a BONUS shouldn't be required! ) That means that I will probably never see them so... sorry devs. No sale.

For those that don't care about the extras and just want to pay double to access it a month early it's well worth the money... the graphics are nice and the game play interesting. I would have purchased if not for the fact I don't feel like paying extra for virtually nothing. (I guess the devs have enough sales they don't care about my measly extra $6.99 LOL but I bet others feel the same even if they don't say so.)

Copied above from Reviews thread to reply a non-review response:

It's a little presumptuous to assume that all of those who don't care for the extras but buy the CE anyway only do it so we get the game a month early.

I don't care for the extras: screensaver, wallpaper, artwork. I DO care for the bonus game. And the bonus game is the only reason I do buy the CE.

Go to: