gobaba
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gobaba on May 15, 12 1:34 PM
Rats, Rats, and double Rats. I'm in Glitchville--again. I'm upstairs in the house where the shelves with trophies are. SG says to click on right side of shelves to get a puzzle piece and diary page, but cursor won't highlight that area. Totally ignores it. So I am stuck.
I've lost count of glitchy games from BFG. Looks like this is one of those rare moments when I'll actually re-dl it, cuz I love pure adventure games. But I'm sick of this. Who does QA for these games anyway--howler monkeys?
At least I'm not in the last ten minutes of the game....Drat

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sandekw on May 15, 12 2:47 PM
There are no matches in the storeroom!

[Post New]by nooneblonde on May 15, 12 5:10 PM
So, is there going to be a fix for getting the matches? I am tired of these game snafus. I should not have uninstall, reinstall, change game modes, etc. It ruins the flow of the game as well as the reputation of this website. If there are game issues, it should be removed from download until a fix is ready.

[Post New]by nooneblonde on May 15, 12 5:11 PM
So, is there going to be a fix for getting the matches? I am tired of these game snafus. I should not have uninstall, reinstall, change game modes, etc. It ruins the flow of the game as well as the reputation of this website. If there are game issues, it should be removed from download until a fix is ready.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on May 15, 12 6:18 PM
I can't get out of the basement with the professor. Hope this glitch is fixed.

Indy72
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Indy72 on May 16, 12 3:27 AM
I bought this game without trying it first, because it's an Ers Game and I trust these games because they are always great and without problems. This one isn't. This is the first time I have a problem with a game from these developers. When I play the puzzlegames where you have to turn the colored circles around to match the colors on both sides to open the several doors, the game shuts competly down and I have to start it up again from the game manager. I couldn't play this games without this problem. When I waited a long time (advanced mode ) till I could skip the puzzle I could go on with the game.

I didn't have the problem with the matches

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 16, 12 4:20 AM
spiritc wrote:Bonus game does not respond to any action. Have arrow but cannot move in direction. Cannot access areas with sparkles either.

Same problem here. I also had the game just shut down at least twice (may have been three times).

I am going to try the mods advice of disabling the custom cursor, hopefully that will allow me to finish the game.

Given the large number of glitches mentioned in this thread, I decided (after a restart - missed the darn matches!) that I would play in Casual mode, so as not to miss anything else. This worked, but it is NOT the way I would have chosen to play. Where's the fun in just following the sparkles?

BF, the testing on this was inadequate. Are we going to see a fix?

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on May 16, 12 5:58 AM
For any who are experiencing the inability to play the bonus game, I'm hear to report that, for me at least, the mod's advice worked just fine. Disabled the custom cursor, and I was able to play just fine.

Thanks mod! (sorry, I don't remember which one gave the advice )

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on May 16, 12 11:14 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in and let you know if you are running into a progression block with your game, then I would definitely recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. A rep will be happy to help you with your individual purchase, and this will help us better track any issues so we can get them resolved.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 16, 12 11:59 AM
Indy72 wrote:I bought this game without trying it first, because it's an Ers Game and I trust these games because they are always great and without problems. This one isn't. This is the first time I have a problem with a game from these developers. When I play the puzzlegames where you have to turn the colored circles around to match the colors on both sides to open the several doors, the game shuts competly down and I have to start it up again from the game manager. I couldn't play this games without this problem. When I waited a long time (advanced mode ) till I could skip the puzzle I could go on with the game.

I didn't have the problem with the matches

Got to the second puzzle with the colored circles and before I can place more than 5 gems, the game shuts down and I have to restart it. What is going on? I do like ERS, but not this game if I cannot finish it. Please provide an update SOON.

gobaba
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by gobaba on May 16, 12 3:18 PM
Re-dl'd game and got the bookcase next to trophies to work on second try--good!

Pipe puzzle was glitchy. Even though I had the correct solution, it would not acknowledge it. Had to wait for Skip button (long time in expert) to fill and finally got out of it.

[Post New]by llackie on May 16, 12 9:28 PM
can't get the boards to stick on the broken pier...(bonus play)..I have them in the right place, they just won't stick........How do I fix this??

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 17, 12 12:09 AM
llackie wrote:can't get the boards to stick on the broken pier...(bonus play)..I have them in the right place, they just won't stick........How do I fix this??

Hi llackie

You have to get some nails and a hammer, and nail the boards down.

SPOILER ALERT The nails are on the side of the bus. After taking off the sticky stuff, you use your nailpuller to remove the nails. END OF SPOILER ALERT

sandekw wrote:There are no matches in the storeroom!

When you open the door that leads from the kitchen, you enter the storeroom. There on the right is a kind of trapdoor. On the right part of the trapdoor are the matches.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 3:40 AM
Hi everyone,

We now have a new version for Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition, fixing many glitches you might have come across. More information can be found in the thread here:

NEW version available for PC! May 17, 2012

If you continue to experience technical issues with this game, please don't hesitate to post in the new technical issues thread, found here and to get in touch with our Tech Support team.

I'm now going ahead and lock this thread to keep better track of any new issues arising, thank you for your patience!

bfgRhone

Go to: