cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 17, 12 7:51 AM
Ceekah wrote:I'm not having any issues with my AVG but I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and still have the "Trial Expired" notice. Really wanted to try this game.

I would be interested to know if the version of AVG you are using is the same as mine ... AVG Internet Security 2012.

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by Amazonia70 on May 17, 12 8:07 AM
I DL this game and when I hit play this window popped up Error Access Violation at 0x027FE558 (tried to write to oxo27FE558) program terminated. Will not play so I am just going to get rid of it until the problems are fixed it looks like a fun game. Thanks in advance for the help.

[Post New]by emmanem2 on May 17, 12 8:27 AM
Couldn`t play this game as had all the problems listed previously as am with AVG, but have just upgraded my AVG to Internet Security 2012, and now I can play the demo.

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 8:28:25 AM PST

[Post New]by purple7120 on May 17, 12 8:28 AM
I have downloaded and it says my free trial is over but didn't get to play. On the advise of BF i uninstalled and resintalled, did that, and it did not work, I even tried a different web browser, and the same result, I want to buy the game but afraid it might not work, what should i do?

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on May 17, 12 8:31 AM
Process name: C:\Program Files\bfggameservices.exe
Process ID: 3228

is the detail report I get
when I asked for more info and went to the AVG Labs site, when I typed in Trojan horse Generic28.PZJ A notice pops up saying, Sorry, we couldn't find any viruses of this name... then it popped to Black Hole Exploit Kit... but maybe i had my mouse restin over that threat.

The other day, the tower game downloaded as trial expired too, and I didn't think I had ever played a tower game.

[Post New]by emmanem2 on May 17, 12 8:31 AM
I had the same problem with the Trial Expired coming up as soon as I had installed the demo but after a while the Trial Expired notice went, (I didn`t do anything it just disappeared) and the regular BUY/Play buttons came back, although when I clicked on Play nothing happened.
I just downloaded the latest AVG version and tried again and now have got into the demo and it seems to be working ok

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 8:32:56 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on May 17, 12 8:40 AM
Hi fishies not sure if its any help to anyone but i had the same trojan threat on my comp, i did however go to my dads laptop where i have big fish, installed and bought the game, then went onto my own computer, went into my account, installed it from there and it now plays fine on my computer its a wierd one but at least it plays hope it helps at least some of you

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 17, 12 8:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Just to pop in again to let you know we've not forgotten about this issue -- Seattle (has woken up!) and is working with AVG directly now to get this resolved. While I cannot tell you how fast this will be sorted out, we'll let you know as soon as we get more information.

Thank you for your patience so far!

bfgRhone

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 17, 12 8:57 AM
thanks for the update bfgrhone

[Post New]by Ceekah on May 17, 12 9:11 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
Ceekah wrote:I'm not having any issues with my AVG but I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and still have the "Trial Expired" notice. Really wanted to try this game.

I would be interested to know if the version of AVG you are using is the same as mine ... AVG Internet Security 2012.

I'm using the 2011 version

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on May 17, 12 9:25 AM
Having same issue with AVG as everyone else. I have the 2012 version of AVG. Not only did it warn me about a Trojan, I also got trial expired. Uninstalled the game and have not tried to reinstall as of yet. Will wait until first issue is resolved.

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on May 17, 12 9:49 AM
I am also having trouble. Paid for something I can't play because of avg.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on May 17, 12 10:00 AM
Despite receiving the AVG message, I'm able to play the demo, but will wait for BFG answer before purchasing. I urge others to be patient. BFG will get it sorted out.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 17, 12 10:01 AM
For those of you having trouble with the Trial Expired message, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager. That always worked for me.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 17, 12 10:21 AM
hi bf just swiaming you can add me to the list i have avg 2012 gett erro 803 than avg pops up trojanhorse played demo on dev site it d/l just fine than played demo 4 or 5 timesthan deleted it so i could buy here at bfjust as others have said i click ed for avg to go on with it then the game starts to than avg pops up again so i get errohope this helps thanks for all the help i know you will get this fixed asap have ahappy day as well

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 17, 12 10:21 AM
emmanem2 wrote:I had the same problem with the Trial Expired coming up as soon as I had installed the demo but after a while the Trial Expired notice went, (I didn`t do anything it just disappeared) and the regular BUY/Play buttons came back, although when I clicked on Play nothing happened.
I just downloaded the latest AVG version and tried again and now have got into the demo and it seems to be working ok

Thanks emmanem, I tried this too and am now playing. I don't think I'll buy until I get the all clear. Incidentally, the update from AVG was only 15 minutes younger than the last update - so they are working on it!

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on May 17, 12 10:52 AM
purple7120 wrote:After downloading, manager says my trial has expired, I played on the other site when game was released, but have not played any time on BF,

Same thing happened to me and I haven't played it anywhere as I only use BFG - was really looking forward to trying this one

[Post New]by BayBeeBlu on May 17, 12 11:02 AM
I have AVG and having the same issue with the virus warning. Also, had the game expired come up and I had just installed the game. I was looking forward to playing this game. I hope everything gets resolved soon.

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 11:04:21 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 17, 12 11:05 AM
I have a slightly different problem with this game other than virus issues. It keeps throwing me out of the game and onto my desktop. I click on the bottom tray showing the active game and the "continue?" screen pops up. This happened several times just entering the museum, office and basement. I have 7 credits burning a hole in my pocket and want this game. Graphics are beautiful, moves quickly, no sluggish cursor problems.. wonderful game if I could just stay in it. Think I will hold off buying until some of the issues are resolved.

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on May 17, 12 11:16 AM
sinshack wrote:For those of you having trouble with the Trial Expired message, try uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager. That always worked for me.

Thanks Sinshack ...er how do I uninstall my game manager

Go to: