bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 23, 12 11:41 AM
Mossy224, If a piece of that puzzle is not moving, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that might help. I've put a link to our help article here covering how to do that if you feel like checking that out:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

shagwendy, you might be able to improve your cursor performance by updating some software programs or adjusting some graphics settings as shown in our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, I would contact our Tech Support team and they'll be able to assist you further.

As for Fishies not being able to pass the urn puzzle, we are looking in to this issue at the moment. In the meantime, you can get around that part in the game by using the skip button before any of the urns begin disappearing.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Re:Post any Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by hotbowler178 on May 23, 12 4:59 PM
Had the same problem with the urns disappearing. Started the game again under another profile and when I got to the urns, moved a couple and then skipped the game. I was then able to complete the game. However, when I played the bonus game, the same problem showed up again, this time arranging the books in the library. The books disappeared, unable to skip at this point. These problems are unacceptable, have noticed this problem mentioned for the last several days and no answer or fix. Maybe we just need a refund.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on May 24, 12 9:21 AM
bfgSeine wrote:Mossy224, If a piece of that puzzle is not moving, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that might help. I've put a link to our help article here covering how to do that if you feel like checking that out:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

shagwendy, you might be able to improve your cursor performance by updating some software programs or adjusting some graphics settings as shown in our help article here:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If those recommendations aren't helping, I would contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team and they'll be able to assist you further.

As for Fishies not being able to pass the urn puzzle, we are looking in to this issue at the moment. In the meantime, you can get around that part in the game by using the skip button before any of the urns begin disappearing.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on May 24, 12 9:23 AM
Tried uninstalling a reinstalling. Problem still there.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 24, 12 11:39 AM
Hi Mossy224,

I'm sorry to hear that's continuing to happen. I would definitely contact our Mac Tech Support team and they'll be able to look into that issue a bit closer than I can. Hopefully they can figure out what's causing that to happen.

hotbowler178, I'm happy to hear you were able to get around the urns, but I'm sorry that happened again in the bonus game. I would definitely contact our Customer Support team and let them know that happened. We definitely want to figure out what's causing that to happen so you can enjoy the game.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by lowzoe on May 24, 12 3:54 PM
tquinlivan wrote:I am getting a little upset with tech support. There is an actual glitch in the game towards the end with the urns. Tech support keeps sending me a response about the AVG problem. I have sent a Dr. Felix and 2 separate emails to them explaining the problem. Do they not read the email and just assume it is about the AVG problem?

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

re only

[Post New]by janierae on May 25, 12 10:04 AM
Got to the final scene with the daughter, my computer crashed, now I've lost all my progress. Does this mean I'll have to start over with a new profile...?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 25, 12 11:41 AM
Hi janierae,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I would try contacting our Tech Support team to see if they can find a way to get you back to that scene. When a computer crashes, generally the data that wasn't saved previously is lost. You can try going to the main menu of the game to see if your profile is still saved there, and if it is, try starting the game up with that profile.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on May 25, 12 4:10 PM
hotbowler178 wrote:Had the same problem with the urns disappearing. Started the game again under another profile and when I got to the urns, moved a couple and then skipped the game. I was then able to complete the game. However, when I played the bonus game, the same problem showed up again, this time arranging the books in the library. The books disappeared, unable to skip at this point. These problems are unacceptable, have noticed this problem mentioned for the last several days and no answer or fix. Maybe we just need a refund.

M2Gooner
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by M2Gooner on May 27, 12 7:30 AM
hotbowler178 wrote:Had the same problem with the urns disappearing. Started the game again under another profile and when I got to the urns, moved a couple and then skipped the game. I was then able to complete the game. However, when I played the bonus game, the same problem showed up again, this time arranging the books in the library. The books disappeared, unable to skip at this point. These problems are unacceptable, have noticed this problem mentioned for the last several days and no answer or fix. Maybe we just need a refund.

Same problem here except I did skip the game so that didn't help me. Grrrr, I hate when I have to start over. They need to come up with a patch for this game ASAP.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on May 28, 12 11:35 PM
I also have the problem with the disappearing urns. This is clearly a glitch in the game, and it's a particularly frustrating one as it comes in the very last stages of the game. I am unable to skip the mini-game, and as others mentioned, uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't fix the problem. MAYBE starting a new profile would help, but I don't feel like playing the whole 4+ hours through again just to get stuck again. I think I'll be waiting for a bit to see if a patch comes out to fix it, otherwise I'll be asking for a refund.

Edited on 05/29/2012 at 9:01:29 AM PST

[Post New]by rhia04 on May 30, 12 6:40 AM
I am stuck on the necklace puzzle. ! piece is in the wrong place and I can't move it. I also can not skip the puzzle. I can not go any further. I have seen 2 other people on the forum with this problem. HELP....

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by heron on Jul 2, 12 8:38 AM
It is now July! Is there a patch for the disappearing urns yet?

[Post New]by partyofthree on Jul 6, 12 6:06 PM
Disappearing books when you try to rearrange and cannot skip, as it doesn't work. I hate it when you're near the end and this happens!

[Post New]by trummie1126 on Jul 8, 12 11:44 AM
I am having the same problem everyone else is having with reconstructing the necklace. I cannot remove any of the 3 pieces I initially placed nor can I use the skip function

[Post New]by Ice_Queeny_Nr1 on Aug 5, 12 5:06 AM
I'm extremely disappointed! BigFish has been aware of the problems with the urn issue since at least May 2012. I bought the game last night and am also now stuck and can't proceed further. I DO NOT want to uninstall and begin the game again. This is now why I bought a game. When will this issue be resolved, alternatively I want a refund or a game of my choice in the same price range.

Very upset!
Ice Queen

[Post New]by colejsm on Aug 12, 12 12:55 PM
Same problem here with the urns. All the urn disappeared and when I hit the "Skip" button I can get out of the area but I do not have any additional items (which I assume is the last gold piece) so I can not advance. Need a patch.

[Post New]by Voiceguy on Sep 9, 12 12:35 PM
Is there stil no solution to the URN game not allowing you to skip?

[Post New]by xengulai on Feb 14, 13 2:32 AM
Come on big fish... Obviously you are still getting complaints about the urn puzzle. What's the fix? You've had PLENTY of time to get a patch out to address this issue.

[Post New]by kathompson2nd on Jun 26, 13 9:21 PM
The URN issue still isn't fixed? No updates, patches or anything? Time to call it quits with big fish...

Go to: