TGT: The Broken Clues

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:TGT: The Broken Clues

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 1, 09 5:10 AM
grumbler wrote: I will buy this game

YEA! I was just thinking, "Any minute now someone will come along and say they like this game because someone *always* likes every one. There's a lid for every pot as they say. I think the world may end the day a game is universally loved or hated. Thanks, grumbler, for saving the world!

ringa48801
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by ringa48801 on Feb 1, 09 5:23 AM
I just played the 60 minute trial and then deleted it from my computer. What a waste. I was also hoping for a good HO

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 1, 09 5:33 AM
I came, I downloaded, I played long enough to know the quirks in it made it an unenjoyable game for me.

Sorry developers and publisher but you missed it on this HO.

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Feb 1, 09 5:41 AM
I can't even play demo. All I get is a black screen

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Feb 1, 09 5:55 AM
Well, I have to say, I played the whole hour and only ran out of time on a spot the difference (hate those!) near the end of the demo. That said, I did have to use my cluses most of the time to keep from running out of time. Will not be buying it. The translation tickled me at some points.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Feb 1, 09 5:56 AM
I read all the posts about this game, but I had to at least give it a try. I have old eyes and half of the 5 minute timer was taken away because of the missed click penalty. I sure will not purchase this game. I never made it past the first level.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 5:57:36 AM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 1, 09 5:59 AM
I was so excited when I read the description, but this game is dull and boring. It's hard to see the HOs too. And the repetition -- find the HOs, find 10 of the same item, then spot the differences -- over and over again. Ugh! I was glad when the trial was over!

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Feb 1, 09 6:08 AM
BinLA wrote:I was so excited when I read the description, but this game is dull and boring. It's hard to see the HOs too. And the repetition -- find the HOs, find 10 of the same item, then spot the differences -- over and over again. Ugh! I was glad when the trial was over!

I fully agree, didn't finish the entire trial though. got through the first six levels and realized this game was only going to continue to repeat itself. Then it would have multiple items of what I was supposed to find so I got time penalties, because the light I clicked wasn't the light it wanted, how annoying. This game just is not for me.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 6:09:17 AM PST

ghshoesfan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ghshoesfan on Feb 1, 09 6:11 AM
Not sure what is up with this game or my computer but I tried it twice and once it was downloaded it came up on my screen as a bunch of tiny squares of color and that was it--I had to shut down to get it off---and then my virus protection came up--no this game for me--come on Big Fish you can do better then this junk!!

wesjohny
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by wesjohny on Feb 1, 09 6:23 AM
I did play for the full 60 minutes only to see if puzzles get better. nope
When I first started to play it the screen was jumbled, couldnt see nothing.
Lag is terrible. Don't mind timer but not the 3 minute penalty.
I also consider this the worse hidden object game I have ever played and thats saying
a lot because I love HO games and own 90% of them.

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 1, 09 6:32 AM
OMG!!![b] What a train wreck!!!!!
I wanted to like this game soo bad! I am sooo starved for a good Ho game
Cant do it!!! This game is just so awfull!!!

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Feb 1, 09 6:39 AM
My game didn't download very well...all distorted with squigly lines. Guess it's good that it didn't...sounds like a bad HO game.

Toni

[Post New]by dtvret on Feb 1, 09 7:19 AM
I love Hidden Object games but this one is a Very disappointed. Will delete and not buy. It also took forever to get it to play.

Annietano
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Annietano on Feb 1, 09 7:40 AM
I may be relatively new at the forum, but I've been a HO fan for years and I gotta tell ya, this one was BAD!!! Bad graphics,bad descriptions for some of the items, bad representations of what the items should look like, some super hard to find items, and overall a real snoozer. After 5 minutes I found that I couldn't UNinstall it fast enough! Even if you are new at HO games, you shouldn't even bother with this one...you'll get the wrong impression. What were the creators of this one thinking???

[Post New]by GreyWolfie on Feb 1, 09 7:41 AM
Hey BFG,

you need to take a second look at this game it has loading problems goes to a screen when I first played it that looks like the data is not all there...Two:: I am glad I only played the beginning hour for it has many problems time as some have said ..but that does make for a good challenge ..it funny so many ask for more then when more is given they complain about more..any way back to the problems it had a frame that made me laugh it said look for 10 knives the room was blacked out and all that showed was the 10 knives LOL so I picked them in less then 15 seconds LOL..it has great challenges but it also has a lot of glitches please check this out for I enjoyed what I could play of it the other times I was so mad I almost quit ..Like I said there many of us out there searching from a good hidden object game and since return to Ravehearst you left us waiting and wanting more..well done bending your ear ...so By for now I know you wont let me down BFG Has so much I love but like all Family it has it slow times to.

May the beat of your heart never be less then your desire to love
GreyWolfie

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Feb 1, 09 7:42 AM
I played it for only a few minutes. I don't like timers and thought I would try it anyway. Not only is there very little time on the timer it deducts 3 seconds every time you click wrong. Sorry not for me.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Feb 1, 09 7:51 AM
I agree -- this game is awful. I tried to get past the first scene 3 times and still couldn't see half of the items. Deleted it after only 9 minutes. Music is annoying and if you exit the scene and go back to it you lose your progress and have to start all over again. I'm usually pretty good at HO games but this one is a definite loser

[Post New]by newt9894 on Feb 1, 09 7:55 AM
When I downloaded the game and tried to play it, it froze my computer up. Did anyone else have that problem?

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 1, 09 7:57 AM
Why do developers make the differences in the spot the difference so slight? It needs to be something that is noticeable at some point. The mop was a difference and even after it showed it to me I didn't see any difference. This is one game that I've HAD to use all of my hints.

Did anyone at BFG play this?

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 7:58:39 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 1, 09 8:00 AM
CONGRATS lord!

If there was a "Worse Game Award" this game would win 1 st place.

I also, do not know how this got through?

Well lets see what comes next.......

PEN

Go to: