forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Comments for Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by forneymary on May 20, 12 11:08 AM
Two hidden object scenes before i could even get off the water and then a third as soon as i get to shore. . i have nothing against them but they slow the game down. the slower the game is the duller it seems to me and the harder it is to hook my interest.
maybe later but not now.

Re:Comments for Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 20, 12 11:42 AM
As usual, My fellow Fishies have done a great job of commenting on the game and giving me a great over view of this game. I'm now off to take my own advice and try it for myself. It doesn't seem to be my type of game, but we'll see

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 20, 12 12:30 PM
Well I tried it for myself and I must agree with the no buys. Too many blinding HOG's Not even as an SE. Seems as though I was just slogging through the game trying to finish.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on May 20, 12 2:24 PM

I believe this is the best game to come along in a while. Disregarding the dark theme, it's focus appears to be more on the goal and the story (which is a vintage theme and interesting) than the special effects so I can tolerate that. Plus there are (so far in Demo, anyway) no ridiculous additions like, for instance, a doll head or puppet hanging randomly for no apparent reason (don't like those disjointed, unconnected tidbits some games have). The cutscense are great and the overall environmental atmosphere is truly like being on/near the ocean.... devs did an excellent job with that. I'm not much into H0G's but this one has very nice clarity, not the 'usual' same ole, and so it's actually enjoyable.

So, yeah, the graphics are absolutely fantastic on my desktop widescreen monitor... haven't tried on the laptop yet, but, truly, this looks like a very GOOD game!!!

Hmmm, I'm surprised there is so much apathy from many players... well to each their own, I suppose... to those of you liking this game (including me) ~~ happy gaming.

PS: Has anyone finished that will comment on the balance of the story? Is it worth the CE?

Edited on 05/20/2012 at 3:08:44 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 20, 12 3:30 PM
woodythepecker wrote:Doesn't sound like this one is for me. I'm fried to a crisp on junk pile HOG's. Although the graphics do appeal to me.

I did enjoy "Dark Alleys" tremendously because it's not really a HOG so if anyone knows of similar games send me a PM.
thank you,
woody

Totally agree with you on both issues and hopefully more games like "Dark Alleys" will be forthcoming. Pleeeeeeeeze. Devs !

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 20, 12 3:55 PM
Imberis wrote:Me too, Shadowfax44!

I also like the hidden object scenes, although I know some people are sick of them. The first one in the game was neat to me, since it had some background motion going on (but I hope no one gets motion sickness!).

I do and I did LOL.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 20, 12 4:03 PM
Poor Mhatfie! I hope it wasn't too bad.

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on May 20, 12 6:42 PM
Did anyone notice that the screwdriver worked on both flat and Phillips screws?
I just wish I had one like that for real.

I liked this game - it is on my short list for the month. In fact, I actually posted a review in that thread as I felt the game needed a happy vote.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 21, 12 6:35 AM
Did everything I could possibly do to get to the emergency button to get out of the plane. Guess I drowned...

Quit playing before I was even asked for a profile (they asked after the plane scene). Uninstalled. Will not buy.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 21, 12 12:30 PM
Imberis wrote:Poor Mhatfie! I hope it wasn't too bad.

LOL, thankfully I found everything fast and got out of that scene quickly.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on May 23, 12 2:41 PM
This was a fun game! I didn't get all the awards, but enjoyed it thoroughly.
Bonus game looks like it will leave room for a sequel.
Thanks for briining us this one BFG!!!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 23, 12 5:16 PM
basically just began, have gained access to a couple of places, just wanted to say so far so good. playing on more difficult level, liking the hos and puzzles so far. nice to find something on which one can use one's brain! from vegas, baby...

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 28, 12 2:00 AM
Just finished the main story and off to the bonus section. I really enjoyed this game and think the devs are great. Are they new? never come across them before but will look out for them now.

As I always say access to the puzzles and in this case new ones is a big big bonus for me.

Brilliant thanks BF and Devs for this one.

Linda

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Jul 26, 12 4:44 PM
Just played this on my mac with ML and love it the smooth motion after yesterdays foray into the past was fantastic. loved the game play and will definately want this one!

Go to: