lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Reviews for Whispered Stories: Sandman

[Post New]by lookywho on May 24, 12 8:13 AM
a very nice game I enjoyed it even though there was no walk through help I made it to the end

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 24, 12 12:02 PM
Just finished - This game was quite enjoyable. Agreed, it was a bit short and I wish it was widescreen (and not just curtains on the sides). However, it was worth a credit. Devs - the cursors were very large and the spinning/flashing/etc. was distracting. I turned off the custom cursor even though I dislike the system cursor.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 24, 12 3:38 PM
Not a bad game, but not extremely challenging either. I liked the fact that you could skip or a quick click through the dialogue. Music was annoying after a while, graphics okay but a bit grainy, did not care for this type of hint system. When I want a hint, give me one, don't tell me there is nothing left to do here...I already figured that out. Game seems a bit short, but overall, it was a nice game and I may purchase later. Am putting this one in the pond for later. Thanks for the reviews.

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mrssharon on May 24, 12 3:57 PM
Not very intuitive and based on what others have said about it being a short game, I will pass. I played on the easiest mode and still had to ask for lots of hints as to where to go next. Around in circles was an apt description.

At least it wasn't scary and nothing really evil, but the monotonous music... time for a nap.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on May 24, 12 6:47 PM
I have been trying to play this game for, literally, two weeks, and I have no idea what I am suppose to be doing. In my inventory I have a boot, a can opener and something else, I forgot what. I don't know where to go, cuz everywhere I go (and I don't have alot of choices at this point), I need to use something I don't have. I'm not even going to ask for help in the comments section cuz I wouldn't know where to start. So I won't be buying this game until I'm ready for a nice breakdown, cuz I DON'T GET IT!!! For you Fishies that had a good time, I'm happy for you!!

feenix

cookeemama
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cookeemama on May 25, 12 5:39 AM
I got stuck at the end and could not finish. No walkthrough. Very frustratimg! The message boards "tried" to be helpful, but were not. I own a lot of gamesand will never buy one again that does not have help!!!!!

[Post New]by limpopo on May 26, 12 4:14 AM
Nice little game but quite short at 2.5 hours.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 26, 12 4:02 PM
Not fun! That boot annoyed the heck out of me and was just not necessary. I found the guide to be totally useless. Totally unexcusable to not have a wide screen. Curtains just don't cut it in this day and age. The ending eludes to further adventures, and I'll pass. Wish I'd passed on this one too....

Bevwhiskey
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bevwhiskey on May 28, 12 10:39 AM
Mostly enjoyable little game, frustrated the **** out of me in some places, especially when I was doing the right thing but not in exactly the right spot. Sometimes just need to let your imagination wander to figure out what to do, or cheat and read this forum. LOL Anyway, an enjoyable timewaster. Would have been good for a winter day when you dont want to think to hard. Not my favourite by far, but look forward to a longer sequel with better sound!

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 28, 12 4:58 PM
Good game. Cute story and nice graphics. Easy and relaxing game.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on May 28, 12 5:56 PM
This is an absolutely beautiful game, I normally do not buy games with no walkthru, but this game is just so lovely, who are the developers, would like to buy more games by them.

Edited on 05/28/2012 at 6:02:30 PM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on May 30, 12 11:07 AM
I still cant decide whether i like it or not, as i got it on an offer its not so bad, but i've had to come out of the game and check a couple of things that other people have got stuck on.
Its a bit of a worry having no walkthrough, and sometimes I feel like this is aimed at a younger audience, others I'm growling with frustration at the complicated solutions to the tasks!
I shall battle on.......

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on May 30, 12 2:15 PM
Nice clear graphics. Tricky in spots. Very short game; took me about 3 hours and I'm usually a slower player.

unit
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by unit on Jun 3, 12 5:41 PM
I didn't get a custom cursor, but got to say I like this little game. Nice change from the doom and gloom, and has fun side games.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 5, 12 5:05 PM
under the better-late-than-never category...altho i saw this game sometime earlier, i didn't punch in that it was this good, so i just demo'd & d/l and am really liking this game. i think it has a pretty high level of difficulty, and i am very happy about that!
good graphics, i like the characters so far, puzzles not yet puzzling but i am hopeful they become more so. more when i am done! happy dance!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 7, 12 5:40 PM
completed the game, really liked this one! nice to see an SE that rivals a lot of the CE's that have been making the rounds. this was a lot of fun, and not easy by any means. thanks Devs and

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jun 8, 12 5:19 PM
I really like this game. The graphics, voice-over and the hidden objects were very good. I would like to see more from these Devs. A walkthrough would be nice from BFG.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jun 23, 12 10:03 AM
What a nice change of pace from those epic, marathon, dark and brooding games I usually play. This was a whimiscal delight, wonderfully done and surprisingly quite challenging. And yes, the length of game was JUST RIGHT! Sometimes those epic games can become quite boring and I can't wait to finish (use hints and skips just to get to the end). Thank you developers for this very enjoyable game! Hope to see more!

[Post New]by bunny1959 on Jun 26, 12 6:54 PM
Ok I can't figure this game out at all-have can opener, boot, dry rag, hammer, jack got the bars open for room under railroad club, but cannot open door. I can't figure out how to get water-can't get into garden. Can't find coin to play pupper game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 10, 12 7:37 PM
Enjoyable game but short, short, short. If I had know it was this short and simple after playing the demo I would not have purchased it...kind of corny, but fun to play. NOT worth the full price...very short. VERY disappointed.

Go to: