Walkthrough?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Walkthrough?

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 23, 12 3:37 PM
karend27 wrote:I'M STUCK AT THE SAFE, SILLY I KNOW BUT JUST CANT GET IT. HAVE IT CLEANED AND JUST CANT FIGURE OUT THE SYMBOLS!!!! HELP PLEASE

Certainly ...

It is raining.
This needs opening.
This should be worn.

ETA ... reworded the clues.

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 4:00:58 PM PST

[Post New]by bobie50 on May 23, 12 4:05 PM
FelineParent wrote:I would really like to see a walkthrough about now. I am stuck trying to free Mary. Hint just keeps pointing me to same place and I can't see anything else to do there.
Is anyone there yet?
Thanks FelineParent

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 23, 12 4:16 PM
bobie50 wrote:
FelineParent wrote:I would really like to see a walkthrough about now. I am stuck trying to free Mary. Hint just keeps pointing me to same place and I can't see anything else to do there.
Is anyone there yet?
Thanks FelineParent

Hi Bobie

I am guessing that you are stuck trying to free Mary and are having trouble with the tuning forks machine.

For the machine on the left ...

Fill the right hand side using the switch at the top to get 5.

Transfer to the left using the < arrow leaving 2 in the right.

Empty the left using the switch at the top.

Transfer the 2 to the left using the < arrow.

Fill the right using the switch at the top.

Transfer to the left using the < arrow which already having 2 in will only have room for 1 more thus leaving 4 in the right hand side.

For the machine in the middle pick up the 3 switches and put them on.

For the machine on the right pick up and replace the 4 fuses.

While doing this turn your sound off so you can't hear Mary crying .

If the above is not the answer you were looking for please explain where you need help and I will try to help you in the morning. Alternatively read all the other threads in this forum in case someone else has already asked your specific question.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 23, 12 4:55 PM
Angel98366 wrote:I'm stuck on heating the tea for the raccoon.. i light the match and put it everywhere i can on the cooker and nothing happens..
help pls

Sorry I have only just seen this while I was looking for another post ...

There is a slight glitch here because I didn't think anything happened as you cannot actually see it light or even see the flame after it has lit but it is there and if you put your mug of water on there it will boil.

gailyannie
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gailyannie on May 23, 12 6:37 PM
sounds like I am at the same place....looking for that "magical sand" to save Mary (Maria?) hint button is confused....nothing to do at both places it takes us to. So, can anyone point me to some of the bloomin sand?

I thank you. ;->

[Post New]by marzametal on May 23, 12 7:38 PM
cherbtoo wrote:
eng60 wrote:One is needed, I have wet rag and screwdriver but cannot get past painting of captain, have placed eyepatch help please

Spoilers ... highlight to read

You use the screwdriver on the garden gate and then fix the pump to wet the rag. Not sure where you wet yours because it would let me use the sea which was the first place I tried.

You have to use the wet rag to clean the safe to the left of the hamster machine and then use what you find in the safe to reveal a hidden object scene.

On board the pirate ship pick up the hat from the left and the duster just in front of you and 3 pieces of a picture (2 by octopus, one by skull). Enter cabin and see that you need you need 3 things for the pirate, eyepatch, hat and sabre, the latter is in the trunk that you can see when you get on board the ship. Use the duster on the picture and you will get one of the fishes that you need for the lock, the other is stuck in a plank on the main deck and you get that by completing the picture below the parrot cage to get a knife and using that on the plank.

Hope you can progress a bit further with the above help .

ETA ...

Corrected slightly

Damnit, can't find that last piece of the picture...I must be blind. Managed to stick with insomniac mode so far, tempted to start over at basic level to find it... lol

EDIT: Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the octopus kept me eyes locked on it, and missed the piece stuck against the bowl! :/ Woo hoo heh

Edited on 05/23/2012 at 7:41:45 PM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 24, 12 1:52 AM
gailyannie wrote:sounds like I am at the same place....looking for that "magical sand" to save Mary (Maria?) hint button is confused....nothing to do at both places it takes us to. So, can anyone point me to some of the bloomin sand?

I thank you. ;->

When you are down in the sewer and are looking at the dining table in front of you there is a room to the right and I am pretty sure the sand is in a hidden safe in the wall.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 25, 12 10:34 PM
There is a walkthrough available on a site that is the word, "game", plus the last four letters of the word, "gazebo". It confirms what has been said about the length of the game: quite short. Hope this helps a lot of fishies who are floundering with this one.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 25, 12 11:27 PM
cherbtoo wrote:Who is stuck where?

I really hate to admit it but I is stuck looking for a second bottle in a hog scene playing on expert ... there is a bottle of fruit but it is not acceppting it when I click on it too stubron to create new player and start again

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 26, 12 1:24 AM
tofinofish wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:Who is stuck where?

I really hate to admit it but I is stuck looking for a second bottle in a hog scene playing on expert ... there is a bottle of fruit but it is not acceppting it when I click on it too stubron to create new player and start again
Are you playing the HOG in the yard behind the gate? If so, there is a very hard to see bottle behind the string of onions next to the stove that I had trouble finding.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 26, 12 1:25 AM
thistle809 wrote: There is a walkthrough available on a site that is the word, "game", plus the last four letters of the word, "gazebo". It confirms what has been said about the length of the game: quite short. Hope this helps a lot of fishies who are floundering with this one.
That walkthrough isn't finished yet but the second half should be uploaded tomorrow (working on it right now).

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 26, 12 4:54 AM
For those looking for a walkthrough on this game, just google walkthrough for Whispered Stories: Sandman and you will find at least one excellant one. I can't mention the site here, but if you think of a small round covered deck-type structure, you might figure it out. If not, PM me.

Since I got royally stuck after just ten minutes (what rag? I've just got 3 items in inventory, and they seem completely useless!) I knew I'd have to go hunting.

So to weigh in on the WT/No WT issue, many gamers are fantastic players who never need to look at a Strategy Guide or Walkthrough to finish a game. The rest of us might need a little nudge now and then, or even have our hands held throughout a game (I've played a few of THOSE) so a WT is an absolute necessity for us.

In fact, there was one game several months ago that tied up the forums for 3 days with "what do I do now?" questions, to the point that I finally wrote a WT myself. Of course, the next day the official WT was posted, but there were a lot of frustrated players in the meantime, and I'm sure they lost quite a few sales. On the other hand, I made a lot of new fishie friends and jumped two morphs in those three days!

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on May 26, 12 7:27 AM
tuning fork my problem too. its not working the way the way it is surpose too. I did cut the sound down it was driving me crazy, help me help me, oh brother help me.why is there not a skip button on this part. that is the thing that upset me the most.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 26, 12 11:37 AM
allynann wrote:tuning fork my problem too. its not working the way the way it is surpose too. I did cut the sound down it was driving me crazy, help me help me, oh brother help me.why is there not a skip button on this part. that is the thing that upset me the most.

If you look higher up the page sweetie you will see that the solution is already posted in my answer to Bobie . However I will repeat it for you ...

Transfer to the left using the < arrow which already having 2 in will only have room for 1 more thus leaving 4 in the right hand side.

Happy gaming .

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 3:27:12 PM PST

[Post New]by dljtaj on May 26, 12 2:52 PM
I cannot figure out how to get four on the right and three on left to free Mary!!!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 26, 12 3:26 PM
dljtaj wrote:I cannot figure out how to get four on the right and three on left to free Mary!!!!

Happy gaming .

auggie1224
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by auggie1224 on May 26, 12 6:35 PM
Badly need the walk thru. Have decided not to play the trials if not walk thru. I have the rag, and the hammer. Started the game a few days ago and quit. Now I dont remember where I got the rag? Will just wait for the walk thru.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 26, 12 8:29 PM
auggie1224 wrote:Badly need the walk thru. Have decided not to play the trials if not walk thru. I have the rag, and the hammer. Started the game a few days ago and quit. Now I dont remember where I got the rag? Will just wait for the walk thru.
Google "whispered stories sandman walkthrough" and you'll get several links to walkthroughs on other sites.

To get you going again - go to the basement of the railway club and zoom in on the glass dome on the shelf. There is a bent screwdriver there that you can straighten with the hammer...

[Post New]by nadaeve on May 27, 12 9:17 AM
Angel98366 wrote:I'm stuck on heating the tea for the raccoon.. i light the match and put it everywhere i can on the cooker and nothing happens..
help pls

budfrog69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by budfrog69 on May 27, 12 11:59 AM
where is the glass cutter?

Go to: