lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur

[Post New]by lizkgames on May 28, 12 4:36 AM
I'm not reading through all the comments so if this a duplicate ...
I wish that when they tell you that double click will turn something IT WOULD TURN IT instead of making you double click several times to finally get the object to move.
The items in the HOS are small and I HATE when they put in a "bat" and don't let you know if it's a baseball bat or a flying bat. Ditto for "pipe." I wish that when the object has a homonym, they would let you know which one it is.
Oh, and since you have to search for the coins for extra hints, they should be a bit better defined.
As far as the three minute limit on the match three games - they should only be in the expert/advanced form of the game, not the casual/relaxed/regular mode.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 5, 12 7:52 AM
Finally finished playing this game. I purchased this game and I dont know why lol. I have several of their other games and thought that they would have improved their graphics in this new game but no!!!

This game was to hard on the eyes with the little teeny hidden obj. and items dark on dark to hard to see.

I like the storyline of their games but this is the last of the jewel quest games for me.

Was not worth my money on this game.

[Post New]by Granny604 on Jul 10, 12 3:59 PM
I have all the Jewel Quest games and this one is okay. Not as good as the others.
Now I'm stuck in the water pipes because it freezes up my computer. Thinking I
will just uninstall.

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Jul 18, 12 7:08 PM
To really give it a fair chance, it seemed the graphics were fairly nice, but a little grainy. There is a lot of reading and dialog. You play as 3 different people who are looking for the Ur. Many of the HOS are very small or in dark places so if you have problems seeing you may not be able to see these, or if you have a small screen the pieces are a lot smaller. There are some repeats of the same objects with either the second person.
I was not impressed with this game but like some of the others have said, it would be a good game for a beginner of HOS games. I played the demo just to check it out, but like I said before, I was not impressed and would not buy this game.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jul 25, 12 9:41 AM
As a big fan of this series, I was about to come to the defense of this one until I played through it for the second time. The version I played had fixed most of the problems with double clicking and rotating but I still encountered one puzzle I had to skip. The cut scenes were an improvement over previous games but that was about all. The objects continue to be as tiny and even worse than before. Previous games allowed the things you bought with jewels to accumulate but this one did not. This was no help towards the end of the game when the boards became extremely difficult and and needed more time or help the most.

I wish the developers would listen to the fans who have complained in the past. This game was by far, the most disappointing one in the series. Developers are you listening........?

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on May 29, 13 3:58 PM
I have seen this game panned by a lot of contributors but I'm with the couple that I read that said: Yay!

I LOVED this game. I played the trial period and immediately bought it. I don't care that the jewel board part is timed...I hate timed games but you can "buy" extra time with your jewels and coins and it's really not that difficult.

Some of the items in the HOG scenes are difficult to find but that part is not timed so take your time, look around and you will find them. I have had to use a few hints but they are back by the next scene so no worries!

I have all the Jewel Quest games. I only regretted buying one of them but since this shows that the necessary changes have been made, I'm with the developers...it's great.

Thanks! I give this a big thumbs up.

suratsiber
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by suratsiber on May 29, 13 7:10 PM
I wanted to like this game just like seventh gate which I bought on last DD but I can't. I nearly lost first round of the first match 3 game! I'm waiting this game to be available (free) at *** website because I don't think this worth buying. They already have 1 game from this series.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 6:27 PM
I love all the Jewel Quest games. All challenging and yet not frustrating. Lots of replay value.

[Post New]by rachelsalow on Oct 17, 13 9:32 PM
Well, this review is different in that I like the game a lot--except for the sandstorm jewel boards. I like the story line as it explains how Emma ended up with Sebastian for JQ 2. I like the ending--which I won't tell here. I like the mini puzzles.

Go to: