BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Snark Busters: High Society technical issues here only

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on May 24, 12 2:36 PM
Yesterday I couldn't get the game to play at all. As per recommendations I started with a new user name and it let me play the demo - when the demo ended, there was no way to exit (as I see many have had issues with). Sorry - no buy from BFG for me - too many issues.

[Post New]by Beachbum14 on May 24, 12 5:56 PM
I played the demo and had no issues. I just bought it and get an Access Viloation z=at 0x004b9084 (tried to read from 0x000000004) program terminated.
I closed the came and tried to open it and got the same message. i then uninstalled and re-installed the game with the same results. Can you please tell me how to correc this?

[Post New]by bkk8517 on May 24, 12 11:48 PM
I have the full version but cannot advance beyond the park. As soon as I get to the first screen of the fourth chapter (The Flying islands), the game crashes.

I've already updated graphics driver, re-installed Flash player and Shockwave player and re-installed the game 3 times with no results. It keeps crashing exactly in the same spot every time.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on May 25, 12 12:57 AM
i also have have the full game. But its impossible for me to play more than the demo. When I open the theatre scene, my screen is blac - but i can se the inventarium and the menu button. If I click on screen a lot of time, several bubbles appears. I have reinstalled and installed...tried everything.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 26, 12 1:51 AM
Beachbum14, I'd recommend taking a look at the below help article for more information on that error:

Access Violation

bkk8517, if you've already gone through all of those steps, I'd recommend to get in touch with Customer Support for more advanced troubleshooting.

chicabees, you could try starting in a new player profile to see if this helps.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on May 26, 12 1:29 PM
Dear Moderator - this sort of generic "help" is the very reason why I quit wasting my time with technical "support" - which is never helpful or supportive. It is insulting to your users who experience a problem that is clear a problem with the game and not with the user's system when you keep instructing us to deactivate things change our settings when the problem is on YOUR end not ours. ft many people from all over the world, with different operating systems, different connections, computers all have identical problems chances are it is YOUR error, not ours.

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on May 26, 12 2:32 PM
bkk8517 wrote:I have the full version but cannot advance beyond the park. As soon as I get to the first screen of the fourth chapter (The Flying islands), the game crashes.

I've already updated graphics driver, re-installed Flash player and Shockwave player and re-installed the game 3 times with no results. It keeps crashing exactly in the same spot every time.

I am having the same problem! I can't get past the part where you put the missing pieces on the lock, below the giant robot's foot... it crashes here every time! I even created a different profile! Same problem!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 27, 12 7:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am very sorry that you all have been having these issues.

Just to let you know the Moderation Team are unable to provide specific troubleshooting on the Forums, as what may work for one Fishies' setup could damage another's.

Please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page for more specific advice. One of our reps will be happy to help you.

If you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated and if you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/27/2012 at 7:31:10 AM PST

smiliedaze
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by smiliedaze on May 28, 12 7:35 AM
just an update that there is still no exit button on the demo... I alt, tab to min the game and open the forum to see if there was any advice. There is most certainly no exit button in the top left corner. I forced closed with alt F4, but the glitch should still be noted.

katlady3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by katlady3 on May 28, 12 11:13 AM
kimcol wrote:
katlady3 wrote:My game goes to the 1st screen where you hit "play". After I hit the play button it closes down and goes back to game manager saying "thanks for playing"...I uninstalled & reinstalled but nothing. Any ideas?

I experienced the same problem and thought it might be because I had demoed the game from the developer's site(?), so I started again with a new profile and was allowed to play.

I also had to use task manager to end the game at the end of the BF demo. I didn't have this problem with the demo from the developer.

Thanks so much Kimcol ....I had demoed the game from another site also. I wanted to continue with the game...but I guess it's gotten smart. Only wants u to play so far and then buy the game!

baboula1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by baboula1 on May 29, 12 6:47 PM
Every time I hit the "Play" button, it sends me right back to the game manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled times and the same thing has happened each time.

[Post New]by DecemberM on May 31, 12 7:11 AM
I'm having the same issue as Goldeneye (see below).

My clues are
spring - sides of the world ( 0 )
fire - number of legs on a spider ( 8 )
spiral - number of days in a week (7)
water droplet - spin to number 6 (6)

I've tried pretty much everything but it won't accept any of these as answers and I cannot continue until I solve this puzzle

Any help gratefully appreciated.

December

Goldeneye412 wrote:Please help to get me thru this part. Unless I'm just dopey, it might be a tech glitch.
I did all per the clue sheet (even tried 7 as baker's dozen with British 13) as well as matched against skeleton and windmill clues. Also tried to play around with outside symbols (gun, knife, pirate, parrot) to no avail. Other walkthroughs I've tried with their solutions. Unless I'm dopey...
- 0 sides to the world - spring icon
- 5 fingers on one hand - leaf icon (also tried 4 fingers)
- 6 half a dozen - gun icon (also tried 7)
- 6 on fire/pirate symbol. Clue sheet said to rotate it so I tried all #'s.

One of the very few times I've been completely stumped. Help please?

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 7:12:15 AM PST

[Post New]by RUFFRIDER on Jun 2, 12 4:43 PM
I too am having the same issues as a great many of the other users. I played the demo and had no issues. I went and bought it and now get an "Access Violation at 0x004b9084 (tried to read from 0x000000004) program terminated."
I closed the game and tried to open it and got the same message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. I am the administrator and play as such. My Direct X and video card drivers and all my other drivers for that matter are all up to date. I am using the same anti virus program that I used to download the demo and didn't have any problem then. I can't create a new user profile because I can't get into the darned game to begin with. Since I paid for the game I would really like to be able to play it. And I have read all the Game fish access violation help pages and they were of no help since all the suggestions, I have already done.
So would someone like to either tell me what to do next or refund me?

[Post New]by birdbird on Jun 2, 12 7:19 PM
@ DecemberM, Goldeneye -

The world has 4 sides. Can't explain how they came up with this number.

My TV doesn't work, I can only watch the first two videos. Small problem but annoying, every button plays the same video.

[Post New]by wangxiangpk on Jun 2, 12 7:23 PM

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 1:19:51 AM PST

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Jun 4, 12 1:15 PM
RUFFRIDER wrote:I too am having the same issues as a great many of the other users. I played the demo and had no issues. I went and bought it and now get an "Access Violation at 0x004b9084 (tried to read from 0x000000004) program terminated."

Same here - Windows XP SP3, same address and everything.
Possibly useful info: installed this a couple of days ago, was working OK, then today I was prompted to update Zone Alarm which I did, also Windows did one update. Now the same crash as others report.
Another oddity: looking at the directory in which the game is installed, the main file is SnarkBusters3.exe, but some of its properties are in Russian script!

I tried uninstalling the game, tried to download the demo version, but I think that since I own it, the downloader gave me the full version automatically!

Jerry

ETA: just checked that SB1 still runs OK - yes it does. Don't have SB2.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 1:20:38 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 4, 12 3:19 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're running into trouble where the game is going right back to the game manager every time you try to open it, I would try running it as administrator. I've found this can help in cases like this:

Run Game as Administrator

If you click the blue text it will take you right to that help article.

If the game isn't accepting any of your answers to complete the puzzle, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

For those running into an access violation I would definitely write into Customer Support. A rep will be able to help you out with your purchase, and this will help us better track any issues:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 4:38:30 PM PST

[Post New]by Ironic_Twist on Jun 5, 12 6:00 PM
I was coming here to discuss the problem I had after the demo (no way to leave the screen). Like others, I used ctrl-alt-del to end the program. But I see that lots of users have other issues, so I'll hold off on this one until the issues are addressed.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 5, 12 9:07 PM
I cannot get the pictures to print no matter what I do. The picture is a sharp as it is going to get, but it will not print. I hav it centered in frame as well as can be expected as it will not expand enough to fill the frame. I did manage to print the first two pictures by using the hint button, but this does not work with picture 3. HELP!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 6, 12 11:00 AM
Hi Old_Man_River,

It looks like a few Fishies were having trouble with the pictures. I found another thread here that has a lot of good advice for how to work with them. You might read through that for other things to try, or ask the players there for some more advice. (As this thread is for more technical issues, they might not check in here.)

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: