culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:The Broken Clues - Developers

[Post New]by culady on Feb 1, 09 11:28 AM
Oh my goodness - this game is terrible. I have a headache. Trashed it after 20 min. I actually don't know why I lasted that long.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Feb 1, 09 11:29 AM
Celeryhart wrote:LK.... good point.. I didn't notice that myself... I was too busy being sarcastic..
Shame on me... !!

OMG...... I"m a Herring...!!! When did I morph.... ??

Love those sexy "come hither" eyes...LOL

Your poem was soooo great!!!! I just loved it. Why do they not listen?
Maybe they can't hear us.

NO TIMERS!!!!!

I also love your new color! Green suits you.
giggyann

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 11:54 AM
Dixie, Dixie.. are you telling on me...? Well, I suppose there are a few who would get a kick out of my website..

Oh Lord It's Hard To Be Humble.. when you give me reviews like that.. which is also the name of my most popular movie I made. By all means check it out if you like.

You know giggy.. I never once in my life wore green until a couple years ago.. I had a real aversion toward that color for some reason... Go figure.. ! I passed that idiosyncrasy on to my daughter and she nearly flipped when she saw me in green. Stupid eh..?

I think you shouted that out pretty loud ... but just in case.. here it is again..

NO TIMERS.... !!

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Feb 1, 09 12:10 PM
Celeryheart, the poem was wonderful!

I deleted this after only ten minutes of play - and four of those were trying to get it to run smoothly.

Why should I play a game that is like a punishment?
...and if Harrison, or whatever the victims name was, wasn't dead already I might have done him in myself for his taste in music and decor!

azlinzam
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by azlinzam on Feb 1, 09 12:25 PM
I agree -this is the worst game ever! I never post on the forums but enjoy reading them and use them to see what others think of the new games and get recommendations for new games that others liked. But this game was so horrible I had to write. I deleted the game after 10 minutes-I couldn't get past the first scene. These game developers must have hacked into Big Fish website and posted their game. I can't believe Big Fish would allow such a shabby game. Take this game off the website before more innocent fish are harmed by this foul game!!!!!

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Feb 1, 09 12:26 PM
Wakame wrote:Celeryheart, the poem was wonderful!

I deleted this after only ten minutes of play - and four of those were trying to get it to run smoothly.

Why should I play a game that is like a punishment?
...and if Harrison, or whatever the victims name was, wasn't dead already I might have done him in myself for his taste in music and decor!

Ohhhhh . . . I thought the same thing!!! LOL!!

Love the poem Celery!! Don't worry, the b--g-- stage doesn't last forever! It only feels that way!!

Jule

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 1, 09 12:37 PM
vickie39 wrote:after 5 min of playing, i had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1!!!!! They've got to be kidding.

VICKIE39: You are soooo RIGHT!

BUT we are NOT the fools..lol..lol

The Developers ARE!

Waiting for new game

PEN

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 1, 09 12:43 PM
Add me to the list of disappointed players. I tried it because I liked the picture quality stages shown on the download page, but I heartily agree with everyone here...........the objects were way to small and obscure, etc, etc, ad nauseum. I rarely have to use a clue, but I found myself hoping I could find even 7 objects so I could use the three clues for the rest on every stage. I was looking forward to the end of my 60 minute trial because playing this was absolutely anguishing!
Kudos to you, Celery, for a prolific poem. I would have come up with my own humble rendering, but my brain was in shock after this poor attempt at HO games. We want fun not torture, BFG! Lose this one quickly, or it will tarnish your rep!
Happy BFGaming y'all!
M

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 1, 09 12:44 PM
I certainly can't join the rest of you in your condemnation of this particular game. On the contrary I quite enjoyed what I experienced of it.

Of course what I did experience of it was about 30 seconds of music ... no screen, no window, no nothing else. The Broken Game.

Sigh I was really looking forward to adding my two cents in of what a ghastly game it was, but it is not to be.

Loverly poem CeleryHart (nice id too) I especially agree with the anti penalization line. If I want to jackhammer every square centimeter of the screen with my eyes closed surely that should be up to me.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 1, 09 1:22 PM
When I played the demo, I saw a black window for a good 30 seconds before the game went to full screen and started showing other stuff. I figured there was no point in me complaining about that, because of the other problems. Man I hope those developers start listening to us.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 2:05 PM
I especially agree with the anti penalization line. If I want to jackhammer every square centimeter of the screen with my eyes closed surely that should be up to me.[/quote wrote:

LOL... my sentiments exactly.....!! Too funny !!

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Feb 1, 09 3:44 PM
After I read what everyone else said about this game I thought I'd have a look for myself, boy what a mistake!! Everything was true!!! Items too small, most of them did not have defined edges, the find the different games were way too hard even for a 22in. monitor.
Sorry Big Fish you let us down with this one

Uppernana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Uppernana on Feb 1, 09 3:49 PM
This has to be the WORST HO game that I have seen on Big Fish. Even with sitting with my nose up to the screen, you can not find those "ghost like items". Played for 30 minutes and then deleted. I would recommend that NO BODY pays for this game.

tasha47
Flounder
Flounder
2,256 Posts

[Post New]by tasha47 on Feb 1, 09 5:05 PM
Celeryhart, LOVE your poem. It made me decide NOT to even bother downloading this game along with all the other reviews LOL. Usually I will download and at least try, BUT - this is one time I'm breaking my own rules.

BTW Love your website Celeryhart. IT ROCKS Big Time.

Edited on 02/01/2009 at 7:16:24 PM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 1, 09 5:19 PM

I have to agree with celeryheart and the rest of the pond that were totally disappointed in this game. If you are going to place hidden objects in a picture that are completely unidentifiable (even with a magnifying glass) then why call it a hidden object game? At least 1/3 of the objects are nothing but globs or blobs on the screen. And then a timer, only 3 clues..no option to earn more clues...sorry, but this game was created too fast, with little art or thought involved in its creation. I love BFG..but, I'm really sorry I purchased this one. Abby

silvermist
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by silvermist on Feb 1, 09 5:24 PM
Oh my gosh Celery, I needed that laugh today!!!!!! VERY CLEVER!!!!!!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Feb 1, 09 5:31 PM
MissAbby wrote: I love BFG..but, I'm really sorry I purchased this one. Abby

MissAbby, I'm sorry for you for purchasing it. Given the absolutely unanimous negative reaction to this game, maybe you could talk to Customer Service about getting a game coupon. has been VERY good about this with me in the past. Best of luck

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 1, 09 5:34 PM
I just went back and read Celery's poem. It is so clever, funny and to the point!! Not only the people who created Broken Clues (an almost ironic name in a way) but other developers as well need to "Read And Heed" We are Gamers! We are not stupid! We love a challenge! We want quality! This game truly..well just pathetic. Abby

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 1, 09 5:51 PM
Played the demo just 3 minutes - saw the timer, and my ulcer began to bleed!...

Back to the sender.

I think there ought to be a special thread, named - "Customers' FAQ". Before issuing any game, the BF team has to read it. If the game doesn't "behave" according the FAQ - it should be "banned".

For instance:
1) No timers, or no timer's option.
2) Prevent eye abuse with very small and very hidden objects.
3) Always choose the option of "high scores", or "accuracy" - this option is very challenging. Using a lot of hints decreases the "accuracy" and the high score, but gives the player the satisfaction of pleasant playing time.

...Add your choices to the Customers' FAQ...

Did I say that I like the poem, and the Seahorses (now with bones, lol) fully support it?

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 1, 09 6:11 PM
Thanks everybody.. glad you liked my poem.. and tasha47... glad you enjoyed my website..

I"m hoping if we all ban together even BF will get the hint ... take a stand.... and totally refuse to post a game that doesn't meet the basic criteria... no timer.. plenty of hints ( especially if the objects are nearly invisible) and skips on mini games.

Customer satisfaction is important to BF.... so maybe if we can't convince the developers then BF can.
Oh woe is me.. this gets to tedious to be complaining like this....it's like banging my head against the wall.. !
Enough said I guess.. now we wait and see.. !!

Go to: