gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:A very informal group play for anyone who wants to continue the journey.

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 12 9:54 AM
Granny_Fish wrote:HELP! I've got big time trouble. As some of you know, I/ am severely hard of hearing. I think I am nearly finished with Lapland, but can't move on because I just got to the sound puzzle +.

Here's what I need: *** I fixed the steam organ in the shed, but can't hear anything when I press the pedals. I don't know anything about music and obviously can;t identify the notes. I think I know what to do. I know the notes are C, D, E and F and playing them in various combinations will tell Kaira to do things the Station Master has trained her to do. Please, somebody tell me, from left to right which note each pedal plays nd, second, frm left to right list the notes from quietest++ to loudest. ***

don't worry about not hearing it, you can work it out.

hint 1 -

If you look inside at one of the drawings it gives you some letters.

spoiler of actual letters - c-f-c-f-c-d-c (end)

You know when it's right as if you go outside you will see a horse - Kaira.*

spoiler for next objective -

Then there is a 2nd more harder puzzle to do with the steam organ - to get the direction you want Kaira to go in.

hint 2 - In one of the notes there is mention of going north - and playing 2 notes the same and a different one.

answer - C-F-C (Kaira should have turned towards Borgesiida.)

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 12 9:56 AM
Grannyfish you are going to have trouble in Madagascar though re hearing
. I did it by luck and not hearing but it's hard.

Edited on 05/26/2012 at 9:57:04 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 26, 12 10:00 AM
Made some progress
But of course again stuck!
Trying to win Tablut.

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 26, 12 1:47 PM
Attention gingergal

Thanks for trying to help, but I had already figured out *** doing combinations and how to get Kaira to take me to the village. My problem is that I can't play ANY of the notes or combinations because I don't know which pedal plays which note. That's why I asked for the two lists. ***

I know about the sound puzzle in Madagascar amd I think I know how to handle that one.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 26, 12 1:51 PM
Made it to Madagascar!

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on May 27, 12 1:18 AM
Hello Everyone!
Took a little break to enjoy the Seattle Sunshine. Back to the game now cuz, yep, it's raining again.
Madagascar is nice after freezing in Lapland. The water is blue and calm. I'm sure it's warm. I'd love to jump in!
Mina would make quick use of all those coconuts on the beach, but Samuel only wants to chase a lemur.
Thanks Sunshine for the tip about pulling my speakers forward. That got me through the forest quickly.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 27, 12 2:44 AM
Hi all!!

I had a real hard time with the *morse code*. I didn't realize that I needed to hide my inventory to see it . Someone else had the same problem in another thread. Like they said, duh! It was a pain to have to write it all down. At least I knew what *Ss and Os were*

I'm going to try to get out of Lapland today.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 27, 12 3:11 AM
Granny_Fish wrote:Attention gingergal

Thanks for trying to help, but I had already figured out *** doing combinations and how to get Kaira to take me to the village. My problem is that I can't play ANY of the notes or combinations because I don't know which pedal plays which note. That's why I asked for the two lists. ***

I know about the sound puzzle in Madagascar amd I think I know how to handle that one.

grannyfish -

That's what I was trying to say, you don't need to know. I play this like all games - with no music (I turn it off) so didn't hear a thing when I played the organ. I just pressed in the right combination of notes and that was that, I didn't need to worry about soft or loud notes. Glad you got passed it though.

catfish girl - re board puzzle. If you click on the middle button it changes to game instructions (file button I think). There is an option to play on easier but I honestly couldn't tell the difference. Ignore the bit about king moving to corner squares as I never moved the King. The game was over when I hemmed in every one of the opponents chips. The king doesn't count as one of the chips you can use to hem in. If your opponent moves inbetween 2 chips it doesn't count, I try to either move away and then move back when that happened or anticipate it and be one square away (not diagonally) so then can move in and take him. end

jboliver - I had a hard time with the morse code purely because I couldn't get my morse alpahbet beside me. Did you manage to? Is that what you mean about the inventory hidding it? As that is what is annoying me about this game it's not recording in your files things you come across and you need.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 27, 12 3:15 AM
Gingergal about the inventory hiding the *morse code * it's that I had my inventory out at the top of the screen and couldn't see the strip of paper. I now only have my inventory out when I need to use something, although I do resort to right clicking for it. That's from too much RTMI

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 27, 12 4:13 AM
jboliver1999 wrote:Gingergal about the inventory hiding the *morse code * it's that I had my inventory out at the top of the screen and couldn't see the strip of paper. I now only have my inventory out when I need to use something, although I do resort to right clicking for it. That's from too much RTMI

ah, I'm glad I wasn't missing anything! that reallly bugged me that they didn't have the alphabet which I found, either under the files or what I would have liked beside the uncoded message.**

I'm at the second board game and not getting it at all. I really enjoyed the first one but this second one - moves that I think would work don't, mmm. Instructions aren't clear to me either.

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 27, 12 5:09 AM
Attention gingergal

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! <----- Granny_Fish hitting head against keyboard.

I seem to be having trouble communicating with you, hon. Let me try again.

*** I know I don't have to hear the notes, but I have to know how to play them. You said you played with the sound off amd just played the right combination. Well, HOW did you play it? HOW did you play a C? I don't have a clue on how to play a C, whether I can hear it or not. I need to know HOW TO PLAY EACH OF THE LETTERS. That's why I asked for a list from left to right of which pedal was which letter/note. And how did you know how to put the combinations together? I don't know ehich note is higher or lower than another. Somebody needs to tell me what the notes are in order from lowest to highest. I know absolutely nothing about music, We nearly deaf folk don't take music lessons. Please be patient with me, the musical dummy. I am beginning to hate that organ,,, ***

Whew, was that any clearer?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 27, 12 6:02 AM
Granny_Fish wrote:Attention gingergal

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! <----- Granny_Fish hitting head against keyboard.

I seem to be having trouble communicating with you, hon. Let me try again.

*** I know I don't have to hear the notes, but I have to know how to play them. You said you played with the sound off amd just played the right combination. Well, HOW did you play it? HOW did you play a C? I don't have a clue on how to play a C, whether I can hear it or not. I need to know HOW TO PLAY EACH OF THE LETTERS. That's why I asked for a list from left to right of which pedal was which letter/note. And how did you know how to put the combinations together? I don't know ehich note is higher or lower than another. Somebody needs to tell me what the notes are in order from lowest to highest. I know absolutely nothing about music, We nearly deaf folk don't take music lessons. Please be patient with me, the musical dummy. I am beginning to hate that organ,,, ***

Whew, was that any clearer?

I am sorry as I honestly thought the letters were on the organ. Obviously my memory is playing tricks on me. I can't remember what it looks like but if you either try from the very left C and then it goes up (D,E etc).

Jbolivier will soon be at that place and he is musical or maybe someone else with a better memory than me can help.

edit - I've finished and as there are others to help here, I'll let the others who are still playing help out with the rest of the game.

Edited on 05/27/2012 at 10:47:04 AM PST

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on May 27, 12 7:21 AM
Granny_Fish all I can see are *four white pedals. They are from left to right C, D, E, F. On my screen, it looks like the letters were scratched into the pedals.* I hope that helps . If not, let me know. Always remember, you are not a musical dummy just because you can't hear the notes. Look at what Beethoven did.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on May 27, 12 9:57 AM
@Granny_Fish Regarding the notes **they are, from left to right, C,D,E,F,G. C is the lowest key, so going to the right raises the tone. If You want to know what to play, you have to read everything you can find about Kaira in the stationmaster's cabin ** Hope this helps.

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 27, 12 10:49 AM
jboliver1999 wrote:Granny_Fish all I can see are *four white pedals. They are from left to right C, D, E, F. On my screen, it looks like the letters were scratched into the pedals.* I hope that helps . If not, let me know. Always remember, you are not a musical dummy just because you can't hear the notes. Look at what Beethoven did.[/quote

Yeah, but Beethoven was a musical genius long before he began to lose his hearing!

Anyway, thank you so much. I made it to the village! Once I knew the pedals, a little trial and error got me going in the right direction. I love you!!

Gingergal thought she remembered seeing the letters and you see them scratched on. You both must have thought I was either crazy or stupid. Well, the problem is this laptop, In some games the screen is very dark. I can't see the numbers at all. Not even with my magnifying glass. Just for the heck of it I played with my video card settings and got to the point where I could see s a few scratches, but couldn't make out the letters.
]

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 27, 12 11:58 AM
Congratulations to gingergal on finishing the game

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 27, 12 1:21 PM
I'm still at the **treehouse (which is really neat) and fed the starving old pirate and just as he goes into his long cut scene with his story the phone rings and I missed hearing what he had to say. ** This happens more often than not to me.. LOL

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 12 1:25 PM
Beethoven battled against his hearing loss, which happened over time. I seem to remember that one of the things he did was put one end of a knitting needle on a piano key and the other end against a tooth so that when he pressed it he could feel the vibrations rather than hear the note.

Some of the cello / double bass parts of Symphony number 7 are written to feel rather than hear.

Edited on 05/27/2012 at 1:29:04 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 12 4:14 PM
Well, the problem is this laptop, In some games the screen is very dark. I can't see the numbers at all. Not even with my magnifying glass. Just for the heck of it I played with my video card settings
Did you increase your gamma?

Granny_Fish
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Granny_Fish on May 27, 12 6:25 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Well, the problem is this laptop, In some games the screen is very dark. I can't see the numbers at all. Not even with my magnifying glass. Just for the heck of it I played with my video card settings
Did you increase your gamma?

Yep. I set the gamma as high as I could and the caed to override programs. That's when I saw faint scratches, but couldn't make out the letters. It's an Nvidia - Seems that game developers have problems with that card.

Go to: