bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 23, 12 12:52 AM
Nina_C, you could try double checking the walkthrough just in case there's anything you missed prior, or try clicking the hint button.

If you feel this is a glitch, please get in touch with Tech Support, they can help you further.

For performance issues such as crashing, please double check you're running the latest software updates for some of the components needed for this game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

To get in touch with Tech Support if these suggestions didn't help, please click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

zvitc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by zvitc on Jun 30, 12 9:46 AM
thairishgrl wrote:
Lauradelenn wrote:I'm nearly at the end of the game, have spliced the three films into one to obtain the film, but didn't grab the cord before I exited that screen. Now when I return to the editing room and that screen, I see the cord but cannot grab it - is there some way to fix this glitch?

The game cannot be completed without the cord, and I'm not about to start all over.....

I am having the same issue, I can't get the cord so I am stuck without being able to finish

I too have the same issue. Hitting hint tells me there's nothing to do! HELP PLEASE!

[Post New]by WoodrowLily on Jul 5, 12 11:54 PM
I'm also having trouble with the fuse puzzle. The first time I played I wasn't able to attach any fuses to another -- the second time I was one fuse short and couldn't finish the puzzle.

[Post New]by echo2findaheart on Jul 13, 12 12:52 AM
I am unable to start a profile an begin the game. It keeps giving me a corrupted profile message and will not let me play. I have tried deleting and reinstalling without success. I have tried numerous profile names and in windowed screen all without any luck. Why can't I create a profile? Please this is frustrating. thx

[Post New]by duffsfluff on Jul 22, 12 5:37 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not but I can't get the pirates puzzle to start. I put the bandanna the gun and the hook and nothing is happening please help!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 22, 12 10:46 AM
Hi duffsfluff and Welcome to the Forums.

Whenever I run into this sort of thing, the first thing I'll do is scroll through the walkthroughand make sure I've done everything it shows leading up to that point in the game. It could be that the puzzle will only be triggered after something happens somewhere else first.

If that doesn't help, the game may be freezing at this particular spot for some reason. In that case, you can try the suggestions in the help article here. .

And if the puzzle still is working right after you go through those, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can take a look at how the game is working with your particular system and give you more specific things to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Aug 26, 12 10:34 AM
Okay so I'm 2/3's of the way through the demo and it's crashing on me. I get all the way to the rec room and once the movie is supposed to start it crashes and now when I try to go back in it crashes every time after I get to the Play screen. I'm running ML.

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Aug 26, 12 12:33 PM
The same crash happens to me: When I try to enter the garden, the game exits to the Game Manager. Unfortunately, I already bought the game after half an hour of the demo
I deinstalled and reinstalled the game, erased all profiles, started another profile - the game keeps crashing at the very same moment. I am on MacOS Lion and have the latest OS-, Flash- and Shockwave-versions installed.

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 12:34:00 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 1:58 PM
Hi saxifraga and dakini,

I'm sorry to hear this game is crashing on you!

If you haven't already done so, please check the troubleshooting suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try those suggestions and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support. They have to tools to really delve into the issue and see how the game is running on your particular computer and work with you directly from there.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by phizz on Aug 26, 12 1:58 PM
I'm also repeatedly crashing at the point where I try to leave the rec room and go into the garden. Mountain Lion with all the software updates, did the uninstall, etc. I sent an email to tech support with my crash report included.

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Aug 26, 12 2:37 PM
Hi bfgMonongahela, thanks for your response. I checked the troubleshooting pages without getting any further insight. I sent an email to tech support with a Dr. Felix crash report included. Awaiting eagerly your reaction.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Aug 27, 12 6:28 AM
Just to keep this all in one place, there are 6 of us who've had the game crash in EXACTLY the same place over in the Mac version announcement string -- so 9 of
us in the first 24 hours since the release.....

[Post New]by I_Kare on Aug 27, 12 6:42 AM
Make that 10...and in the same place. I've sent in an email to Tech, so I guess we'll wait and see.

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Aug 27, 12 7:19 AM
The game quits unexpectedly. I have reinstalled game but to no avail. i didn't have problems until I bought the game. Help Please!!

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Aug 27, 12 7:20 AM
Make that 11.

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Aug 27, 12 9:22 AM
#12 here ... same symptoms at the end of the rec room cutscene the game crashes if I click. 1 time I just sat there without clicking and the game stayed stuck on the last frame of the cutscene ... until I clicked.

Also note that after the 1st crash the game crashes while loading every following attempt to play.

Bob

Edited on 08/27/2012 at 9:30:27 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 27, 12 11:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see so many of you are running into trouble at the same spot in this game!

If you haven't already done so, I just want to urge you again to get in touch with our Tech Support team and send in a Dr. Felix Report for this game.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so.

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 08/27/2012 at 11:15:57 AM PST

[Post New]by ljcordner on Aug 27, 12 4:00 PM
#13 The game originally crashed after the rec room cutscene ended and I clicked to go the garden. The game now crashes every time after I select Play.

I sent an email with a Dr. Felix log to tech support. Hopefully something will happen with that.

Later

[Post New]by Jae2Swt on Aug 27, 12 8:34 PM
Make that #14!

The same crash happens to me: When I try to enter the garden, the game exits to the Game Manager with a message that says "...quit unexpectedly".

I am on MacOS Lion and have the latest OS-, Flash- and Shockwave-versions installed.

I've not purchased the game yet as I am still playing on the one hour trial version, and I have like 15 minutes left.

Hope there's a fix because I enjoyed what I played thus far.

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Aug 27, 12 8:49 PM
Oooh, number 15 here! Running Lion. Customer Service, here I come again...

Go to: