crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Reviews for Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 30, 12 5:29 PM
Kyasarin wrote:Sometimes a game comes along that looks good and would probably be a lot of fun, but has one wall-banger that makes me throw my hands up and say no. This is, unfortunately, one of those.

To wit: When the main plot of the game involves a color-free world, don't give me a full-color world and claim it's colorless. It would've been far more interesting to have the game in shades of gray with some very subtle color thrown in here and there. For a h-o game, that would've probably meant a different art style, something with crisper edges would have been in order. But when the narrative keeps harping on how there's no color anymore and I keep seeing colors everywhere, it absolutely ruins my suspension of disbelief. I'm really very disappointed. It feels like the developers were just too lazy to go the distance with their concept.

Also, the dialogue sections were way too talky. If you have to info-dump like that, you probably haven't set up your world well.

One of my sticking points with this game. If it had been b&w except for the times when Marie sees color, the color would have been very striking. Instead it wasn't all that different. When a fire extinguisher is clearly red in a "no-color" world, it isn't colorless, in spite of all the "give us back color" graffiti.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jun 3, 12 7:06 AM
I agree. I found the whole concept to be somewhat lame overall, and just couldn't immerse myself into the sci-fi adventure (1 of my favorite genres).

saphhire wrote:I don't have much to say except the opp of Valdy I give this game all my so sorry I don't like this game at all

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jun 3, 12 1:32 PM
Great Game; made you think about what to do and when to do it.

Nice clear graphics. Excellent "Hint" system.

There were Hidden Objects to find, Items to pick-up along the way and use, Adventure, and Puzzles; quite a variety.

Looking forward to more games in this style.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 4, 12 10:24 PM
I think I may buy this game. Loved that it used real facts about Tesla's life in it. I usually pass on time travel in games, but this was done so well and was so much fun that I let it slide. Great story, wonderful graphics and I kind of liked the snark from the grandkid.

I only played the demo and let it marinate for a day, but I've spent that time wondering what else happens in the story. As far as game play is concerned, it seems a lot easier than most HOPAs in that you're not going too far to get what was needed 3 scenes back. Most items were used in the same scene or in the next room. I like that as my fingers get tired of "walking".

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 5, 12 6:15 AM
I have no idea why I passed on this game when it was offered last week. I bought it this morning on a whim. I am so happy I did. It is a real adventure and one where you have to really think out what you need to do to complete the task. The journal is a big help when you need it and the hint button also gives a lot of help. I have to stop now to get ready for an appointment, but am eager to resume this one. Thanks to the developers and to BF.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 6, 12 7:39 PM
I'm ashamed - I do no credit to the name of Tesla, whom I admire and consider one of the greatest geniuses of all time. I was so bored with this game and just could not get into it somehow. It may be one of those games that just doesn't appeal at the moment, but I will give it a try at a later date, cuz the story is different, but just too technical and all over the place for my mind set at this time. Loved the cat, tho!

feenix

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Jun 17, 12 11:51 AM
a very nice game and interesting story

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 27, 12 2:21 PM
Well I really got into this Sci-Fi game, and what an adventure it was !!

I do watch the syfy channel alot on cable, so when I did the demo, and found out that there was time travel involved, this was a must buy, and I really enjoyed the dialogue with Tesla, usually am not one for dialogue, but I felt like it drew me into the story, kind of like having a friend with you, which makes the exploring more enjoyable .
What little grey cells I have left, got quite the workout, in a few places, but it wasn't frustrating, perfect balance of difficulty, through out the entire game, for me anyway ..thanks developers .
This is not one of those games, that you can just breeze through, you really have to pay attention, as there is much to do, and some things to take a bit of thought.
I was totally engaged, and having Tesla pop in, made it that much more engaging, I was always interested in what he was going to come up with next, more challenges of course, but thats what made it FUN .
To bad I wasn't packin my 45, or Dyson might not be around, to give any threats..lol, but at least we know there will be another great game, from these developers, so that is good news, and another reason, not to break out my can of woop **** on Dyson .
Another good thing that I liked about the game, was it gave me more confidence, I didn't realize how good I am at machinery, fixing transmitter's etc, loved doing them.
I so wanted to take the cat and bony dog home, that poor dog looked like it was starving, I would have taken the dove also, am a true animal lover, so appreciated them in the game.
This game had great graphics, and it just felt original, and I thought the H0 scenes were done well.
It didn't take me that long to play though, so it didn't feel long to me like some others thought, I did skip a few puzzles that felt tedious and not fun for me at least..
But besides those little quibbles, really LOVED the rest of the game, and it was well worth the money spent.
I would recommend this if you haven't tried it, from some of the reviews I read, I thought it might have been to hard, not so, and that is why everyone should always try it for themselves.
I give it 4 ...because a lot of the puzzles, I didn't personally like, the rest BRAVO on something different ...time to celebrate developers !

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 4, 12 1:02 PM
We did not care for this game, it was confusing and boring. This is our personal opinion.---------Doug & Lisa

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 4, 12 6:05 PM
could not get into this game at all, way too much yapping. i really did not care for the story. i cannot for the life of me understand people saying it is a "refreshing" non gloomy game, what the heck is "refreshing" about this convolutent boring game?

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 7, 12 12:31 PM
I've played about half of the demo and I have put this game at the top of my wish list. I LOVE the kitty! Any game with a cat as a character (well, kind of) has got to be good.

The dialogue can be skipped, which is what I normally do, but in this game the dialogue isn't dragged waaaaay out (which is a pet peeve of mine), so I'm finding myself actually listening to it.

The puzzles are not frustrating, even to me. The graphics are good, although there really isn't much color (haha). The story is very, very good and grabbed my interest right from the start (which I have to admit was a bit scary to me as I used to have a severe phobia about a certain item).

I hope to see more from the developers. Please? This is a great game!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 22, 13 5:17 PM
Well, I just really enjoyed that one! Always felt Tesler, the inventor of AC electricity got screwed by history, among other things. Glad to see him show up in such a fun, lighthearted game. Lots of dialog but it was OK and amusing. Mini games were doable for the most part without a lot of frustration. Both HINT and SKIP recharged quickly so the game didn't lag. HOS were clear and although some items could be small, they were identifiable. Another "move through time" game.

A long game with an interesting and different story and a lot humor. Never looked at the journal which did include a map, but it wasn't necessary the game moved along quite smoothly. If you got stuck the hint would help you along. I had a good time. I give this a 4.5 out of 5.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery Review

[Post New]by Apadenska on May 28, 13 12:27 PM
I played the trial for a few minutes and since it kept my interest I will buy the game. Besides, it's hard to resist when it's a DD. Have fun fishies and thanks .

Hometownk
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Hometownk on May 28, 13 1:03 PM
Maybe I'm not an 3electricity buff, but I found the jobs confusing. The puzzle lock did not respond to manipulation so I pressed the Skip button even though I would have eventually solved the puzzle. The graphics were very good, but darker than I'm comfortable with. Then, there's the disappearing bird and cat. Whose cat is it? It didn't respond to hte name she gave it. Far too much talking and story line info. Even though it is a Daily Deal, I'm passing for now.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 29, 13 12:53 AM
Bought last year, but didn't start it til 2 days ago. I enjoyed it so much I finished it the same day.

Not that it's short. In fact, it is surprisingly long and complex, progressing through a substantial number of locations. Plus it's loaded with puzzles, mainly mechanical and electrical, exactly the kind I love.

Should one become stuck it's always good to see that the Hint button is equally as helpful with navigation and inventory use as it is in the HOS.

If you enjoy the sort of sci-fi theme, plus the mechanical/electrical puzzles, you may enjoy this game. I sure did!

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on May 30, 13 2:33 AM
Really, really liked this game - bought it on a special and a pleasant surprise! I never got to demo it as it was one of those times I installed it and it immediately came up "expired". But for 2.99 I gave it a try- just had a feeling - and it was excellent. So nice to see a different storyline without evil occultish demons trying to destroy the world. Others have said it was "talky", but I liked the backstory.

Nice length also. Puzzles not too hard, but interesting and a touch different - liked the color mixing of the "addresses". Did find one "hint" error - I had to go to the walkthrough and find the roll of copper coil - the hint system kept leading me to a transmitter and nothing could be done.

Would like to see a sequel!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 13, 13 10:20 PM
Beadfisher wrote:Blather, blather, blather, After 4 minutes of blather with no hidden objects, I gave up. I don't like Marie, I don't Like Tesla, I don't CARE. Game developers have spent too much time on dialog and animations and too little time figuring out how to get a person to continue playing.

Ditto!

I did get to one hidden object, but IMO whoever said the objects were easy to find, well, they definitely were not for me.
HINT: A hook that looks like a dragonfly?
To quote Tesla, hmph!

Sorry, not even for $2.99.

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 10:26:24 PM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 13, 13 10:21 PM
How do you delete a double post?

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 10:23:52 PM PST

Go to: