aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Heritage: Guardians of Hope Collector's Edition

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 31, 12 9:13 AM
Sheerija wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:
Sheerija wrote:(clipped) Oh, Wish-Fairy, please may I have something different and interesting?

Oh I would like a really good Sci-Fi game myself. I think this genre has been overlooked for a long time and has great potential.
Cheers

That would be great. Personally, I would like a really good anything game, other than this tired old theme. Makes me want to go outside and stand in the sun.

Did that yesterday and it was glorious!
I would really like to buy this game - [b] But Using My Credits! Is this some kind of scheme to disrespect those of us who bought the credits in good faith? I waited until today to add to my card, but not with these terms. Is anyone else disappointed in this turn of events?

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on May 31, 12 9:33 AM
Love BFG, but bought the 1/2 price credits, then the Memorial Day sale came...I didn't buy anything...If I hadn't bought the credits I would have probably gone crazy!

Then I did have to fill 3 punches on my card, so last night bought a CE I'd been looking at for awhile.....only to find this morning this great priced game..

BFG...your playing with my mind....I mean credits AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited on 05/31/2012 at 9:34:52 AM PST

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 31, 12 10:13 AM
They lost me at the talking bird.

Okay, actually I was already bored when I went from location to location and found 20 different places where I needed objects but couldn't find anything to use until I finally found a fish-shaped stone which was used to break glass. So all the stones that were covering the fish-shaped one weren't capable of breaking glass?

Music was good, graphics were good, but I found that I just didn't care.

Special deal on a TGT reminds me of the free MCF badge if you bought Escape from Ravenhurst when it was a TGT. And that is the worst game I ever bought (although I didn't buy it the first day; got it as an SE). That was a gimmick to buy a horrible game. What's with the gimmick here? BF is always giving specials to newcomers; they could have done the same with this.

I've got some 1/2 price credits I bought at the sale. There are enough games on my buy list that I want. I wouldn't even get the SE on this; not even sure about a DD.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Where is the handle...?

[Post New]by Celeryhart on May 31, 12 10:20 AM
I'm liking the game just fine... but I've come to a screeching halt. I did the car HOS and a handle was suppose to come in my inventory but it never did so I can't proceed.

Anybody else have this problem...? I bought this game too... sigh.. !!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on May 31, 12 10:23 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:well i for one am not impressed. first the good stuff, good graphics, and interesting puzzles.
I found the whole thing a bit silly, another proffessor in strife, and evil force, ho hum.Darkness and despair will cover the world...yawn..
and then the baddy throws a guy in the water, and do i get to save him?? no i am left trying to get into to locked door or break a piece of glass...what's that sound..glub glub..oh yes the victim must be drowning by now, i gave up.
Will be interested in what the other fishies think, but not for me, even at half price,

Well said... ditto for me... not impressed.

I will add, the only part I liked was the concept of live cut scenes ie. beginning cut scene, yet the premise for the game... forget it, big yawn and disappointment and the graphics were another dark and gloomy occult based game and cursor was one of the floating type, yuck. No play for me.

ml011384
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ml011384 on May 31, 12 10:27 AM
Couldn't help but be reminded of Harry Potter when they said "Philosopher's Stone" in combination with "the Chosen One."

Nonetheless, I wasn't really fascinated by this game either. I don't know, perhaps it's due to the overdose of dark and dreary, although I do occasionally buy the dark and dreary games when they are well-done. Not that this game wasn't well-done - some of the graphics were done extremely well, but it just didn't capture me.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on May 31, 12 11:53 AM
The movie intro was well done. The game itself is just average. I jumped right in hoping for a good scary ride, but the office was as dull as it can get and the beginning of the island was standard dark & eerie fare. I liked the maze. Everything else was... okay, but meh, nothing stood out.
The game ran very smooth though. No tech issues whatsoever.
CE extras don't look that exciting.

All in all, I'll wait for SE.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 31, 12 12:58 PM
Wonder why they bother to put such a good intro into a game, with great graphics and even real people in it and then give us a game that is just so so in my opinion and not up to the same caliber as the opening scenes . Just asking.

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on May 31, 12 2:14 PM
mhatfie wrote:Wonder why they bother to put such a good intro into a game, with great graphics and even real people in it and then give us a game that is just so so in my opinion and not up to the same caliber as the opening scenes . Just asking.

Ditto!!

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on May 31, 12 2:53 PM
blessed34 wrote:
mhatfie wrote:Wonder why they bother to put such a good intro into a game, with great graphics and even real people in it and then give us a game that is just so so in my opinion and not up to the same caliber as the opening scenes . Just asking.

Ditto!!

I thought the same thing, Ditto to your Ditto!!

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on May 31, 12 9:49 PM
angelofmusic62 wrote:I certainly agree that the stories are getting old, and I will add my name to the "please give me a sci fi game" list.

I noticed a few request for good SyFi games...came across one today, Mystery Stories Mountain of Madness. Just demo'ed it and WOW. Only thing is the really large inventory box/hint and what ever box on the bottom, makes it a little clumbsy to work around.....but the storyline is great!

Just thought I'd share...

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Jun 1, 12 3:19 AM
Used a couple of game credits for this...sorry I did. Huge yawn.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 1, 12 4:25 AM
Aboslutely hate this game. Same old, same old, walking back and forth wondering what it is I am supposed to do next. No wonder there is a fast Hint. No logic to the sequence of play. So disappointed in how the developers are using their talents these days. Far too much hand holding.

What happened to the good old games of the past like my all time favorite, "MCF - Return to Ravenhust." Could play that repeatedly but the recent games are deleted after the first play. Will never buy a CE again. The demo is enough to convince me that there is nothing new or exciting.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 1, 12 6:48 AM
Really enjoyed every thing about this game graphics were fantastic hidden objects right for me and I enjoyed the story line.

Could kick myself over the clock I just read the times wrongly Ho Hum should have gone to Spec Savers!!!!

Linda

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Jun 1, 12 8:15 AM
Could those of you with the full game answer a quick non-spoilery question?

One thing I check on demos is whether or not HO lists are randomized -- I feel it reduces replay value if every time through you're looking for the same items. This one looks to be a non-random list ... but I checked my usual two player names back-to-back, and it occurs to me that might have skewed things. So, does this game give random HO lists?

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BK3009 on Jun 1, 12 9:11 AM
Bought this game without trying the demo (a) because of the rave reviews (b) because of the discounted price - big mistake.

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jun 1, 12 4:44 PM
BK3009 wrote:Bought this game without trying the demo (a) because of the rave reviews (b) because of the discounted price - big mistake.

I've learned not to trust all reviews...always try the demo, and decide for yourself.

Regarding demo....I use to never do it (the demo), but I got burned real bad with a game glitch in one and found it sooooooo frustrating cause I really loved the game after that I demo ev-er-y-th-in-g now!

I still go back to that one game from time to time and see if anything has changed with it and/or my lappy (it doesn't play on my new gaming pc either!)...but nothing has changed. So,always demo first!

[Post New]by floridagrannie on Jun 1, 12 7:35 PM
I loved this game. It's different, which I liked. I thought the puzzles were better than usual. Liked the music. I bought this game and played through to the bonus game. It was a great and entertaining buy for me.

pugpug01
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pugpug01 on Jun 4, 12 6:44 PM
floridagrannie wrote:I loved this game. It's different, which I liked. I thought the puzzles were better than usual. Liked the music. I bought this game and played through to the bonus game. It was a great and entertaining buy for me.

LOVED this game!
Very long and entertaining. I think this should be the game of the year. Bonus chapter was wonderful, concluded the epic tale beautifully. Can't agree with the fishies that thought it was boring.
Thanks BF, more of the same please.
Best CE Ive ever played (Ive been with BF 7 years)
Well done devs
Thanks!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jun 10, 12 6:07 PM
Very interesting game. The mix of hidden objects and puzzles is good. The graphics are well done. It is a buy for me.

Go to: