Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Post any Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 12, 12 9:19 PM
I just got the demo and was surprised to see that I have already played six minutes - before I even clicked on "PLAY." I was given the option of continuing a game I have never played before.

Uh uh. No thanks, not even at the DD price. I've read about the other problems. The glitches with this game mean I am not purchasing it. This is the second game in two days. The other one froze and I had to reboot and it was a mess.

BF, you've just lost a sale.

NMlost62
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by NMlost62 on Nov 15, 12 5:50 PM
susieq12 wrote:After completion of the truck puzzle it stays there does not advance to the next stage of the game. Have tried all things outlined in the freeze, crash infor etc. It is acting as if it is in a loop. According to all the checking etc. , that has been completed , it is not the computer.

Having the same problem. Has anyone gotten an answer?

[Post New]by thekid43 on Nov 16, 12 8:51 AM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies,

Next to sugarmountain's suggestion, it may also help to update your Adobe Flash and Shockwave. You can do this by following the steps in the below help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If that didn't help, please contact <a href="http://Forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> for further assistance.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

I have been using your service for many years and I find that even these forums for technical issues are practically useless. For any of the games that I have purchased I have found that your canned responses are counter-productive and never of value. If and when I contact Tech support I get the same advise you dispense in your canned messages, and have never received a proper fix for those games that I have purchased and don't work. I'm only thankful that this has only happened occasionally.
Once again, I have the same issue of solving the puzzle and not being allowed to continue. I followed all of the advice that has been suggested, like update software and drivers, uninstall/install, and still the same issues.
When are you going to go after the game publisher and have them create an update to fix this game.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 16, 12 9:59 AM
Hey Fishies,

I'm so sorry about the game! It's never fun when something like this happens. If uninstalling and reinsatlling doesn't help, I would definitely recommend contacting our Tech Support Team. They're awesome and have the tools to help figure out what may be causing those issues.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the right. Just be sure to include details of what is happening in the game, along with a Dr. Felix Report so they can dive right in and help.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

MimiG19
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MimiG19 on Nov 30, 12 7:30 PM
My system has interrupted my game play, and I am wondering if I Uninstall and then Reinstall, will I be able to pick up where I left off instead of having to start over?
Thanks for any help with this.

[Post New]by pghkat on Dec 1, 12 12:16 PM
MarkAlan wrote:Same here. The problem appears to be the jigsaw puzzle for Mission #5. Even if you press the "Skip" button, the puzzle just sits there and does not allow you to start Mission #6.

I'm having the same problem (Mission 5) .. I love these games but this is annoying.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 1, 12 1:18 PM
Hi MimiG19,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Usually, uninstalling and reinstalling the game will allow you to pick up where you left off, but that depends on a couple factors, including where the game saves its data, as well as what type of operating system your computer is running. For further help with that, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to assist you.

For Fishies experiencing problems with puzzles not skipping or working properly, uninstalling and reinstalling the game may be helpful. Our help article here has more information on doing that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, getting in touch with our Tech Support Team is the best way to receive additional assistance.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by dfwsteph on Jan 2, 13 1:50 PM
my problem is similar to what others have already posted, except that it crashes when I start the game and hit the first button---I've already read and tried everything possible, deleted and re-downloaded 3 times, and extremely frustrated....I'm a customer ya know

Dr. Felix report attached I think --- never miind, cant figure out how to copy and paste it ---hell

stephanie

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 2, 13 2:38 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Not to worry though, our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look at that Dr. Felix Report. Sending that to them along with a description of the issue should help them find out what's causing that and hopefully get you back to gaming.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by BlueStarlight on Jan 11, 13 8:28 PM
Is there any way of posting MarkAlan's fix to the top of the thread? It looks like it's fixed everyone's problem who's tried it, but people who aren't seeing it are still posting the problem. (And yes, it looks like it's working in other versions of Windows, even XP - not just Windows 7.)

Thanks for posting the fix, Mark!

MarkAlan wrote:To anyone that's stuck on the jigsaw puzzle of the truck
I discovered the following way to fix this in Windows 7:

Right-click on the game's shortcut.
Left-click on "Properties".
Select "Open File Location"
From the menu, select "Organize" and "Folder and search options"
Select the "View" tab.
Left-click beside "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Select "OK" to close the menu.
Right-click on the hidden file "AmazingAdventures5" inside the folder.
Left-click on "Properties"
Select the "Compatibility" tab.
Left-click to place a check mark in the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
Then select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" from the drop-down menu.
Select "Ok" and close the folder.
Play the game!

[Post New]by dfwsteph on Feb 9, 13 12:54 PM
not a question of not seeing or trying...I happen to be running "even XP" Service Pack 3, so the script is a little different, but I did try accessing the application properties, the compatibility options are 95, 98/ME, NT 4.0 SP 5, and 2000...I've seen it and tried it, but it hasn't fixed my problem, I've upgraded my graphics card but it's probably still too old

aside from that, I suggest the program is crap...this many people shouldn't have these problems
I don't want to go through service desk....tried that once...I'll just play something else

Edited on 02/09/2013 at 12:59:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Dproff on Mar 18, 13 5:24 PM
I was finally able to get past the truck puzzle #5, but am now having the same problem with # 10 I have tried several times to uninstall, and redownload & install game to no avail.

[Post New]by basfan1 on Mar 26, 13 6:26 PM
I am having the same issues as everyone else is having but mine is at the end of mission 10. I have tried everything and cant get it fixed.

[Post New]by jimfish on Apr 8, 13 6:52 PM
Having same issue with timer not stopping after exiting game mode. I come back and have 5 minutes instead of 40 or so!!!

[Post New]by blarneylvrose on Jan 31, 14 11:39 AM
I am stuck in the clocktower. The game will not allow me to choose the golf tee and the hint just keeps showing it. I can't move on till I finish the scene.

Go to: