Re:The Broken Clues - Released on February 02, 2009

[Post New]by pjomoe on Feb 2, 09 8:11 AM
When I opened the game up screen froze every time, had to go crazy on the escape key to get out of it. After the escape key madness, the game was o.k. When looking for differences half of the screen did funky things half did not. I really wanted to like this game but didn't. I didn't even get through the 60 minute free trial, I deleted it with 20 minutes left. It just got too frustrating.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 2, 09 8:36 AM
I've got to go along with the majority of my lady fishies.....this is a bad game. Objects are very hard to see....or better yet, not to see. You see an object that looks like it may the item to find, you click on it and loose 3 seconds if it's a wrong click.....3 seconds is not much, but does add up when you only have 5 minutes to begin with. I started in the bedroom, 24 hours ago, and am still there.BAD BAD BAD

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Feb 2, 09 9:36 AM
I have tried downloading this on two separate computers and get an error message stating "this is a corrupt file" anyone else receiving this message?

Thanks.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Feb 2, 09 1:07 PM
I finally got out of the bedroom, made it through the dining room after 3 tries and am now in the kitchen, actually found all the items the first time in the kitchen, but now am having to find 10 knives and can only find 9. Another bummer is that there are no hints and you have to finish one room before you can go to another one. I can only imagine that the person who created this game was one of those types, that has to use an umbrella when it rains or else they would drown.....if you know what I mean.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 1385 on Feb 2, 09 1:50 PM
Suze14 .. I have the same problem! Have you figured out how to solve the situation?

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Feb 3, 09 10:41 PM
Well, my husband (an electrical engineer) and I (a teacher) just finished the hour demo. We're definitely NOT buying it! I can ignore the 5 minute time limit, and at least if they give you three clues per "page" I don't feel like I need to hoard them for later in the game, and yes, some of the pictures were small and the tediousness of having only three types of games got to me. I didn't have the sound up so I can't comment on the music. The color differences between the pictures in the 'spot the differences' games made it difficult at times, and on one game we asked for a clue on the last object, but it never actually circled one, so maybe there were only 9 differences instead of ten. But I tried to look beyond all of that and keep an open mind.

Then there were the translations. They were awful! I knew there would be some problems right from the beginning, because Harrison was the guy's first name, but he was referred to as Mr. Harrison, but I kept going. I trudged through the objects in the lists that were misnamed. There are always some glitches in a new game. I thought it had to get better.

Then I found the screen with the car interior. The directions said to "Dick out the obscured from Harrison's car". That was the point where I knew it wasn't going to get better.

I can't imagine sitting down with this game for an evening. There was no exciting anticipation as to what the next challenge would be, no feeling like I was actually finding clues to solve a mystery. There were no "Aha!" moments.

I know I shouldn't get personal in the forums, but I have to wonder what it is that johnmic likes so much about this game.

abbyD
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by abbyD on Feb 4, 09 7:55 AM
Just an FYI for the spot the differences game in the bedroom: the part in the girl's hair was shorter in the picture on the right. I couldn't figure it out either, my husband caught it. The colors of the pictures on the right were yellower than the ones on the left in all the spot the differences games, at least on my computer. Not that it matters--it had too many other problems to be enjoyable.

jazzbuster
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jazzbuster on Jul 5, 09 11:51 PM
I played this game to the finish one time, then after that, I could get on but after clicking on Investigate from the page with the different rooms to investigate, it went back to the sign-in page with the computer and the lady talking. At that point, there were no options on the yellow strip - it was blank.
I uninstalled and re-downloaded the game, since I had bought it, and it still did the same thing, every time I tried it.
What worked for me was when I first got to the sign-in screen, I clicked on the part that lets you enter a different player name. On the 3rd time I did this, it has been working ok.
I also have the screens with the outlines of the items to locate blacked over so bad you can't even see what they are. In that part of the game, there's no penalty (as there is no penalty in the Find the differences screen) but in this case, not only are the items blacked over, there's no clues or hints. I have got through a couple of screens by random clicking over the scene, but that's not much of a game, is it?
This is also true in some screens, that there areas that are in shadow or something, and they are so dark you can't see if there's an object there or not. I wish someone would tell them to program in the option to lighten or darked the images. One game I played does offer that. Also, the English language version is pitiful.

Go to: