Re:Reviews for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Jun 5, 12 3:10 PM
horrible game, very frustrating, items too small or almost impossible to find as they blended so well into the background as to be non-existent. never mind trying to find the recipe pieces, stopped after a very frustrating 15 minutes and deleted!!!
come on big fish!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 5, 12 3:53 PM
not knowing the show, this was simply a game, for me. After reading everyone's comments, I was expecting horrible horrible...
now I played the whole demo..lets be fair, we've seen a lot worse in here. It is still not buyable..the hidden objeects are very small or in fact just shadow shapes..thank god the hint button is pretty fast. I was ok with the simple puzzle games, sometimes easy is a relief. But I have to admit, that I am tiring of one lousey game after another lately.
I used to get up in the am looking forward to my early cup of coffee and check out the game.before the family got up..
now I'm getting the coffee, and working on ancestry .com instead. this can't be good for the bottom line, Big Fish.
kris

jennylou21
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jennylou21 on Jun 7, 12 12:06 AM
Sadeyed wrote:Absolutely dreadful game. Those of you across the pond must be wondering what all this is about. Coronation Street is one of the top British Soaps, and the characters and locations in this are are all from the series.

Mainly hog scenes and extremely bad ones. Objects you can barely see badly drawn onto an existing background, some you can't see at all.

I lasted about 15 mins then deleted.

It's amateurish and totally unenjoyable.
i agree with this,it is terrble.and the objects are so hard to see..

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jun 9, 12 9:43 AM
it is so-o-o-o-o-o-o slow for me, you find an object, and little sparkles carry on for ages

and the gameplay is very stilted and old-fashioned.

Can't believe it's a GSP Avanquest game, like one of my all-time favourites, Magician's Handbook Cursed Valley and its sequel Blacklore, which have totally brilliant HOG scenes (very difficult...but so cleverly done )

don't think I'm even going to bother with the full hour's trial of this Corrie hotpot hotch-potch

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 10, 12 1:13 PM
I really wanted to like this one, because I like when the developers use real people, settings, etc., in the games. I also like hand drawn graphic art too, but the realism in some games, like in this one, is really nice as well. Unfortunately, I was bored playing this game... not sure why, I just was. I did not mind the difficult to find items, as I prefer them being harder to spot, and during the demo play, I only had to use the hint button once. Oh well, not for me this time. Sorry developers.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jun 12, 12 9:15 AM
I do love a challenge, but these hidden objects are invisible! I am not a good game critic by any means, but have to agree with most of the reviews that are already posted. I very rarely quit a demo and I finished this one, just plain stubborness! Gives me a chance to catch up on the tons of games I already have and haven't played yet. That's a good thing.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Jun 24, 12 7:25 AM
Annie1115 wrote:If I were a producer of Coronation Street I'd want this game pulled and all evidence of it's existence incinerated.

I can't believe they would let this game be associated with them! I love corrie, so much, i watch it every week.

I thought the reviews must be exaggerated, it can't honestly be that bad......but it is!!

I have forced myself through 18 minutes of it and it is awful.

Go to: