Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by didyuc on Jun 13, 12 4:09 PM
I am on the area where we are suppose to click on the like items with the kids in the cages. The baseball glove has disappeared and I cannot click on the like items to move on.

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hannah233 on Jun 14, 12 6:29 PM
wayyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooo many problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by MyTFineSunshine on Jun 30, 12 6:55 PM
I am sorry to say that I have to add my name to the list of people having difficulties. I, too, played the demo without a problem. Now, not even one hour into the game, the game is not playable. There are large white areas (rectangles and squares) where there should be pictures. In order to leave the game I am forced to use alt+delete buttons. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The problem still exists. Please help.

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by stavvi on Jul 1, 12 11:43 AM
I am also having a problem with this game. When I played the demo, there was absolutely no problem whatsoever. In fact, in order to be certain, I stopped then restarted the game again. Everything was OK, so I purchased it, downloaded it , and then I tried to play it. After the introductory scene, there was an acess violation error. I had to use the task manager. Help!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 1, 12 12:17 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see some of your are still having trouble with this CE!

MyTFineSunshine ~ please try the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below. We find they work for a lot of customers that run into the same kind of issue you're describing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

stavvi ~ you can check out this help article for more info about that particular kind of error and how you can troubleshoot it:

Access Violation Errors

If you try the suggestions in those articles and are still having trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can start working with you to get everything resolved. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by MyTFineSunshine on Jul 1, 12 4:57 PM
Dear Monongahela,
Thank you for the advice. I wrote down all the steps you suggested. I will try it. You should also be aware that I have not had any problems with the previous game I purchased and enjoyed. Also please note that I am not a computer techie and what seems elementary, might not be to some people such as myself. I will give it the old college try; however, if it doesn't work, I will ask for a refund.
Thanks for trying to help!

[Post New]by MyTFineSunshine on Jul 1, 12 5:21 PM
I am sitting here frustrated and disappointed. I did follow your list of helpful advice, but truthfully I did not get very far. I was successful at opening the dxdiag file which had its own troubleshooting button. I went through it tab by tab and according to my computer everything is working fine. I also took the time to check my purchase history. I have purchased 158 games thus far. Never have i had such a problem. I would really appreciate a refund so I can continue enjoying the games you offer.
Thank you for your time.

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by stavvi on Jul 1, 12 10:15 PM
MyTFineSunshine wrote:I am sitting here frustrated and disappointed. I did follow your list of helpful advice, but truthfully I did not get very far. I was successful at opening the dxdiag file which had its own troubleshooting button. I went through it tab by tab and according to my computer everything is working fine. I also took the time to check my purchase history. I have purchased 158 games thus far. Never have i had such a problem. I would really appreciate a refund so I can continue enjoying the games you offer.
Thank you for your time.

My sentiments exactly. I am in the same boat. And added to that, I have not received my free punch code!

[Post New]by ArionL on Jul 4, 12 11:37 AM
I am wondering if they are ever going to get an update for this game, spoke with someone in Customer Support and did Dr. Felix, was told it was error in game and to keep an eye out for update, this was back on June 26th and I still see nothing on an update.

[Post New]by yankeegrL4254 on Jul 4, 12 1:28 PM
I am somewhere in the theatre now and cannot pick up the hammer and piece of wood at the bottom of the screen to make an oar. Whenever I try it sends me to another room.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 4, 12 8:09 PM
I played the demo, bought & downloaded the game--played another half hour & exited. Now I am ready to play but there are large white rectangles covering most of the screen. I've never had that happen. Not sure quite what to do.

mom10989
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mom10989 on Jul 4, 12 9:35 PM
my computer crashed 3 times while i was doing the HO scene near the statue in the square. I finally finished that scene, but I'm not too enthusiastic about playing the game again. I guess I'll ask for my money back.

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Jul 8, 12 10:23 PM
Can't play game,some parts of game is missing. What I mean by missing is that looking at the game,words and or characters are replaced with white blocks or a shady area,that you can't even find exit button. Just clicking all over screen to find exit button.This is the second game TODAY that I've purchased with technical problems.There's nothing wrong with my PC,I've checked my other games and they work just fine.

[Post New]by Paradiseflorida on Jul 9, 12 5:19 PM
Having the same problems as everyone else but really want to play this game. So will give them a chance to work out the bugs and hope I don't have to ask for refund.....I have faith that they will find the "cure" they always do

[Post New]by ThelmaBG on Jul 17, 12 3:45 AM
Hi,

I've been having the same problem as a few of the players who have posted on this thread and have waited patiently and uninstalled and reinstalled the game on a number of occasions to no effect
I am very disappointed as I really want to play this game and am hoping that these issues will be resolved soon so I don't have to ask for a refund.
The same problem has been constant, big white blocks all over the screen, I cannot see the main menu due to these blocks blocking out the screen and the same happens when I start the game. I even bought the SE, hoping that that version would be better but the same faults are in that one also.

Can you please inform me as to whether we can expect this to be fixed anytime soon 'cause otherwise I will be forced to ask for a refund.

Many Thanks

n2u2nyte
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by n2u2nyte on Jul 18, 12 10:07 PM
GOING ON 2 WEEKS AND NO RESPONCE FROM BF TECH SUPPORT ABOUT THE ISSUES WE ARE HAVING WITH THIS GAME. I STILL CAN'T PLAY IT,VERY DISAPPOINTED ON HOW THEY ARE HANDLING OUR FRUSTRATION WITH THIS GAME.

[Post New]by ThelmaBG on Jul 19, 12 2:35 PM
I completely agree with n2u2nyte. I would kindly ask someone at Bigfish to respond to our posts as I for one will be asking for a refund if nothing is done about this soon

[Post New]by gardeniaeater on Jul 29, 12 5:55 AM
i downloaded this game for my mac and when i went to play it, my cursor froze. i had to shut down my computer manually. i restarted and went to try again, but the game wasn't even in my bfg manager.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jul 29, 12 8:09 PM
I'm on a Mac & also had trouble with the cursor freezing momentarily.

laeuffer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by laeuffer on Aug 2, 12 9:37 AM
Have just started playing game and cannot even pick up the message I am supposed to give to the bar tender. Can anybody help

Go to: