roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roaming on Jun 11, 12 11:48 PM
I mostly liked this game, and initially thought it would be my first CE purchase, but after playing several HOGs in the demo, I'm not so sure. I found the HOGs very frustrating with blurry scenes and many small, indistinct objects. I had to use the hint button as much as 3 times in each HOG.

The proportion of adventure-HOG-puzzle seemed about right, and there aren't so many sparkles that they simply lead you through the game step by step, but the hint button outside of the HOGs does tell you where to go with a green arrow. Thank you to the devs for that!!

Now I'm not sure if it will be a buy for me even as an SE.

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 11:49:46 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 11, 12 11:55 PM
Hi there roaming,
If you like these types of games, I would highly recommend that you reconsider this one when the SE version is released. The conclusion to the main game actually "completes" the story - which gets better as the game rolls along.
Mind you, I did not find any of the scenes blurry on my laptop - which I did not play in the "stretched" mode offered with the fullscreen option.
Cheers

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jun 12, 12 7:37 PM
I'm loving this game. It fills my widescreen and the H0s are clear enough and the story is different enough along with graphics that are bright when they need to be bright and muted when that suits the story. I bought the CE and am satisfied I am getting a bargain. Please give the trial a chance and encourage the new developers!!! Thanks BFG!!!

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Jun 13, 12 10:41 AM
I am really enjoying this game! It's on the easier side, which for me is good for a change. I love it when you hit the hint button and it shows you which way to go next. For that reason I have not had to use the SG yet. It seems to be quite a long game- I did purchase and have played for several hours and it is still going and going. Lot's of new scenes and places to explore, and the plot thickens as you go. There are some things in this game I have not seen before, like the little playlets where you have to place missing items into the scenes. Despite my minimum number of posts, I have played Hidden Object games since the beginning and this is one of my favorites .

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jun 13, 12 1:54 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I didn't find the graphics blurry and the music though repetitive was soothing for me. I got so into the game that the time flew by. I loved the mini-games as they were not the usual for the most part. I will probably wait for the SE as I am really picky about spending money on a CE version. A really great game after recent disappointments.

josie41132
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by josie41132 on Jun 13, 12 3:23 PM
I hardly post any reviews or thoughts on a game. But this game was so awesome I had to drop by and give it a big . This is one CE I have no regrets buying. Happy gaming fishies

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 13, 12 5:10 PM
Well for me this was, THE PERFECT GAME , where have these developers been hiding !!!!!

OMG...MHG'S, are you sure you didn't take a peek into my imagination, while I was sleeping, when you made this game, it has absolutely everything I just LOVE, my dream game for sure, and the most fun I've had playing a game, EVER .
I know I've played some pretty good ones, BUT this one was one I would make for myself, if I was talented, that this..lol.
The artwork and graphics, were to die for, WOW so beautiful, I was completely taken away, and sucked right into the story, from beginning to end, you all just blew me away, with your TALENT, all I could say to myself, was unbelivable, these developers are SICK, and today that means, over the top, FABULOUS .
From the moment, I saw the town, I knew I was in for a treat, because every location, just got better and better, and it was something I've never seen before, it was like a magical fairy, touched every aspect, of every scene, so original.
The lake scene was breath taking, to many to mention, but the thought that went into places like the doll head, that took you into another location, that was just mind boggeling, once you got inside, the attention to detail was the best, Ive seen.
LOVED, loved the puzzles and the theater puzzles were all so imaginative, I did every single one, including the mini games, and enjoyed them all, so much FUN, and I am not usually a puzzle fan, but you all made them interesting and a joy to do, not tedious or just your basic time fillers, like in a lot of games.

The bonus game was AWESOME, but you all also gave us, posters to put together, that told about each character, which really added to the game, and was another bonus to do, after finishing, along with H0 scenes, that you can just play, if you want.
So this game was very long and so worth being a CE, IMHO, it gets ,and than some, for personal opinion I would give it 10.
I am now a HUGE fan of MHG'S, and am so looking forward to more from these developers, you promised, so better get busy...lol .
WOWZA...it doesn't get better than this, LOVE .!!!

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 5:13:19 PM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 13, 12 9:01 PM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED LOVED THIS GAME!!!
The visuals in this game are the best I have EVER seen. Honestly.
The game play was fun. The pace was just right. Not too slow and not too fast.
The puzzles are to die for. Fun fun fun. Not too difficult yet not too easy.
The hint system was perfect.
The hog scenes could not have been better.
The length of the game was just right.
I don't normally buy CE's because by the time I get to the bonus part of it I am so bored .... I wait for the SE's NOT WITH THIS GAME.
PLEASE I hope you are working on the next one as I am typing.
CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS GAME.!!!
Should be 'GAME OF THE YEAR'.

[Post New]by SpringMerry on Jun 13, 12 11:40 PM
I'm really blown away by the quality of this game! The CE chapter alone is worth the price. It gives you new locations to explore and a new ending. Usually every CE reuses the old locations, but not these devs. Thank you so much for this.

Beautiful and compelling story. I enjoyed it so much. I recommend this game

Anthorax
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Anthorax on Jun 14, 12 12:26 AM
What really bought me are the graphics. I really like it's style. Some objects in HOGs are a bit blurry, but not a major problem.

Music is repeatative, but in some places it really fits the mood. The CE was a real treat, though it would be nice if you could unlock some of the content as you progress through the game instead of waiting until you're done to see what's inside that lovely CE chest.

I recommend this game, it's well worth the price of CE.

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Jun 15, 12 8:56 AM
Liked the game and found it enjoyable. Scenes were clear for my tired eyes, music was fine and liked the puzzles. Really mixed things up so it wasn't the same old, same old. REALLY LIKED having that little something extra in finding the masks even though they did creep me out a bit. Possible spoiler alert! I liked how in the corner by the journal it showed the mask in a color and once you clicked on it, it went away so the mask looked empty. I found myself going through scenes and there were some that I thought I had gotten the mask, but it was green so I realized I missed it. THANK YOU DEVS!!!!! I like knowing that I've cleared out a scene and didn't miss anything as nothing annoys me more then getting to the end of a game and realizing I missed one or two.....

Finished demo with 3 minutes left and will be buying the game on payday! Thanks again!

[Post New]by SquareKitty on Jun 15, 12 9:10 PM
I always do the Demo of games now days, as I've found that sometimes they won't open properly when I buy, so do the Demo first just to be on the safe side!!!

And....I really enjoyed the demo of this cute game, and will probably get it if I can wrangle up another credit

Lovely graphics, nice storyline, not too many HOS and the puzzles I played in my hour were quite different to the norm and challenging - the hints/instructions provided on each puzzle were just illustrations with a couple of hints, not written out, handing everything to you on a silver platter, which was a nice change and I liked that because it made me think and put my brain into third gear!!! I don't like games where they 'hand hold' the way through...so yay!

Will definately get this game.....another great CE game of late is 'Dark Heritage-Guardians of Hope'

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 18, 12 11:14 AM
The worst thing about this game imo is what I consider TERRIBLE sound design - the music is annoying and very repetitive. The sound when clicking on objects to investigate them is a weird doink that grates on the nerves. Small errors like the sound of wood floors when walking down a street. Sound can be almost as important as graphics and this is a fail.

Totally agree - this is the first game EVER I have played with the sound off. But it was a great game in spite of that.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jun 18, 12 3:30 PM
I've never heard of this game developer before but this game is AWESOME! I can't get it to fill my widescreen - and that's definitely a drawback - but this game is absolutely a must-have. I finished the game and loved it all the way through. Well done, devs!

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Jun 18, 12 10:32 PM
Brilliant...one of the best I've played on Big Fish...keep up the good work.

[Post New]by jj8251 on Jun 21, 12 4:22 PM
I am stuck at the rein tree what tool to get and where?

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Jun 23, 12 12:03 AM
I rarely write a review, but felt this game deserved one.

This is one of the best games I've played. I usually don't find the storylines very interesting, but this one was. I never play with the music on, so I can't say anything about that. It took me about 5 hours for the main game and just over an hour for the bonus game (that was on the expert setting). There wasn't an exceptional number of H0 scenes and a fair bit of adventure, the perfect combination.

I would highly recommend this game to anyone. I look forward to seeing more from this developer. Great work!

[Post New]by Glossary on Jul 2, 12 5:05 AM
I've played a lot of strategy/HO games and despite that, I still find a lot of the games on BF to be challenging and entertaining. This game was not so. The graphics were a little flat, but the storyline wasn't bad. It wasn't enough to keep me interested, though. The challenges were incredibly easy and when you find objects you use them right away. There wasn't much thought as to what I needed to look for because it was always nearby and it was laughable how simple the tasks really were. I'm not a pro at these games, like the said, but this one was way too easy. The storyline was the best part and even that left a little to be desired.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 4, 12 3:50 PM
I liked the game but the cut scenes were very slow & I never have problems like that on my computer. I even have to say some of the objects in the hidden object scenes were hard to find, very, very small. However, i did like the story line & the bonus chapter went very well with the whole story. I do recommend the game in regular version.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 6, 12 8:26 AM
I decided to buy this awesome game after I played the demo, I want to thank BF games for there July special they sure do know how to make the fishes happy kuddo's to you BF,,I want to to thank the dev's for there outstanding hard work and many hours on this game I hope to see more of these DEV's..I am enjoying every minute of this game..Keep up the good work..The graphics are outstanding and I love the sounds what is there not to love in this game..Thx again BF..sending you lots of love for being so good to your fishes..

Go to: