Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pckiller on Jun 12, 12 12:41 PM
greeniflower wrote:When I attempt to put the blue uv bulb in the red paint, it won't take.

You must take regular bulb from the table lamp in the room on the second floor and paint it. You are going to need the uv bulb later.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by patcam52 on Jun 12, 12 1:25 PM
Hint button does not work for me. Sigh.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 12, 12 1:34 PM
Hi patcam52,

I'm sorry to hear that. If the hint button isn't working, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that gets it working. You can find a bit more information on how to reinstall the game here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Hopefully that helps to get the hint button working, but if not, you can always contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jun 12, 12 3:24 PM
can't even get gaqme to load!

[Post New]by greeniflower on Jun 12, 12 4:12 PM
Thank you pckiller. I was overlooking my regular bulb in my inventory.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 13, 12 2:44 AM
HI iamshiva,

As it sounds like your game is not loading for you, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This should help your computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't help tjhough or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by bluelion9231536 on Jun 13, 12 6:04 AM
I also am having game crashing issues. I understand that I can play in "windowed mode", however I am very unhappy paying FULL price for a game I cannot play in FULL screen.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 13, 12 11:56 AM
Hi bluelion9231536,

I'm sorry this game is still giving you trouble. If you get in contact with our Customer Support team in this case, a rep will be happy to work with you and your game, or assist you with your purchase as well.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 13, 12 4:09 PM
I am having trouble with it being very slow between scense and even being activitated.

THe drawer where you are to pick the cork will not open any itdeas

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 4:12:11 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 14, 12 2:04 AM
Hi VTCT,

If the game is running slowly, I would suggest looking at the elements that run your game and seeing if you can't update them. The following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If an item is not responsive this can help with that but also, I would suggest having a look at the built in Strategy Guide to make sure no other tasks need to be completed before you can open the drawer.

If the problems persist however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps

bfgBaikal

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 23, 12 1:33 AM
the demo played fine. When I purchased the game and tried downloading got a message for me to login again?? I filled out the box and it states I do not have an account lol??

This has happened before years ago and I do not remember how to fix this. Anyone out there know the answer grrrrrrrrrrrrrr dont like this so soon after purchasing and I cant play lol

Thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 24, 12 4:57 AM
Hi care___916,

If you are havinbg trouble signing in, I would suggest clearing your browser cache as sometimes, the information that builds up over time on your browser, can prevent you from signing in successfully.

I have included a help article below with some instructions on how to do that along with some great advice on some other tricks you can try:

Trouble Signing In

If the error persists after checking out that article, please contact Customer Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by psilvert_ on Jun 26, 12 12:10 PM
will not let me pick up aroma lamp i have uninstalled and reinstalled

[Post New]by psilvert_ on Jun 26, 12 12:15 PM
psilvert_ wrote:will not let me pick up aroma lamp i have uninstalled and reinstalled

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 26, 12 5:01 PM
Game d/l went fine...got to enter 'player'...then puter shut down...came back a few hours later and I still had the hour...so hit play and game came up with no problem but hit the 'play' and got a error message which was 'debug program' or 'terminate'...either one gets the game to 'crash'!
No buy!

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Jun 29, 12 7:16 PM
Did demo and got to the doing the film spot. I did the red light then the blue light i believe. Bought it and had both lightbulbs and did bluelight first got key. THEN did the red light. Have stuff on table already and trying to put film in. I know and the HINT Says, you need the Red light in. It is in and it wont even cursor over the lamp anymore as an active thing because the red light is in. Film will not go into the tray with the developer.!!!!! Help.

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Jun 30, 12 8:27 PM
cottoncandy2 wrote:When I got to the yard scene with the tire swing I got a mismatched clue that should have been a cigar but directed to a dragon fly and when i clicked on it it said
"page missing"

I am having the same issue. I guess buying this one is on hold until it gets resolved. I wonder why they put an item between two info buttons to begin with.

[Post New]by yarden22 on Jul 3, 12 8:39 AM
HOS that's supposed to give me the cork doesn't work. there's nothing interactive in the kitchen. what to do?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 4, 12 6:30 AM
After reading all this...I guess I won't be trying/purchasing this game. Anyone know if there is an update?

[Post New]by Veryconfused on Jul 4, 12 6:42 AM
seajay123 wrote:
cottoncandy2 wrote:When I got to the yard scene with the tire swing I got a mismatched clue that should have been a cigar but directed to a dragon fly and when i clicked on it it said
"page missing"

I am having the same issue. I guess buying this one is on hold until it gets resolved. I wonder why they put an item between two info buttons to begin with.

I am stuck on this as well - I can't get the cigar and finish the HOS. Any ideas? I don't want to restart the game.

Go to: