Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sapphire_64 on Jun 21, 12 5:40 AM
I also had trouble with the cursor but it did settle down instead of floating around as the game progressed. When i first started playing, the game would keep dropping to the bottom of the screen and had to be clicked back up which was a real pain but after closing the game and starting again several times that cleared also. This is the first time i have had this happen and have played many games with no glitches such as this.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 21, 12 10:08 AM
Nosferat2 wrote:I have a very new and driver updated computer that will not display the game properly in wide-screen. The screen is left justified and the right 5 inches of my screen are black. The words on the boot up menu are cut off.

For example: Continue only shows "Conti" then is cut off

I've played 100+ games from this site and never had this problem.

Hi Nosferat2 -

Please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at why the game is displaying incorrectly and give you some troubleshooting steps to get everything back to normal.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 21, 12 10:10 AM
Sapphire_64 -

If you continue to have issues with your game displaying oddly, I'd definitely suggest you getting in touch with Tech Support too.

You can follow the links in my post above, or click here for more information about how to send in the details of your issue.

Thanks!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 10:11:07 AM PST

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on Jun 23, 12 9:32 PM
Wow--I've been offline for a while and just downloaded this game. I just got a new laptop w/ an i7, and the first thing I did was make sure all drivers were updated--so it's definitely NOT my comp.

However, I have the exact same sloooow cursor and sluggish gameplay mentioned by all the other fishies here. I really can't believe this game has been out for 10 days and still no fix, except of course to downggrade to the system cursor, which REALLY negatively affects gameplay!!

BFG and Elephant, it is WAY past time for a fix for this. This seems to be a universal problem, and we need a fix immediately!! Please do this--more than enough time has passed for one to be available.

Thanks

[Post New]by karebear00us on Jun 24, 12 4:59 PM
I downloaded this game and it worked fine at first, but when I tried to reopen it it wouldn't work. It looked like it was about to open, but then stopped. My computer then told me that the program wasn't responding. I restarted my computer and I reinstalled the game with the same issue. This looks like a very interesting game, but I haven't had the chance to play yet.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 25, 12 11:35 AM
Hi karebear00us and Welcome to the Forums.

From what you described, the first thing I'd try is updating your graphics card, which we go over in the help article here.

If you try those suggestions and the game is still not opening, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and suggest some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Jun 26, 12 10:38 AM
Dam n....how many more of these 'yellow' mod posts are we going to see in here?? I noticed every time a new mod would come in, they post the same old thing.....and ALOT of them...

I'm having the same game problem too with this game, which I bought, about the slowness and lagging....
And....I'm getting disgusted with it....we buy a game, like playing, then we have to endured problems with it.... . Come on BF.....tell these game developers to get a fix made for the game. Actually there are other games too that have techinal problems with them. Why.....can't the games be played right??!
I think from now on, when I purchase a game ([i]and I do demo them first, & they play fine for that little bit of time[i/]), and it doesn't play right for me, I'm just going to ask for a refund or game credit. I'm tired of messing around with posting questions about a game, and do not get a respond most of the time, tired of writing to tech support, which doesn't help much when the problem isn't theirs, it's the game developers.

From now on, I'm going to quit buying just about every hidden object CE game. I have hundreds of them since 2007. I really love playing these games too. I don't have much of anything else to do, and playing these games make me feel good. But....when the game doesn't play right....

Sorry I had to vent like this, but I couldn't hold it in any longer......

j20as8
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by j20as8 on Jun 26, 12 3:35 PM
I've had a few issues with the game in regards to bonus game, something pops up and says there is an error with some part of the game and so it will be shut down. I uninstalled and re-installed, but when I came back, it gave me a different error, and even though I've completed the game, it says I must complete the main game before doing the bonus game. Rather annoying, but I'm going to try un-installing and re-installing, see if that doesn't help. Otherwise? No problems with the game!

j20as8
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by j20as8 on Jun 26, 12 9:07 PM
Hi! I'm here with a slightly different problem, that while I do not think is caused by the game, I don't know how to fix it. I restared the main game, but my monitor went to sleep, so I believe there is something wrong with my video card somehow, how do I fix this? My computer is a little bit old and while I was able to play the game before fine, I'm having trouble with it now. Any help would be appreciated, I don't know where else to turn!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 28, 12 12:17 PM
Hi j20as8,

You can definitely write in to our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to see what might be going on with your video card. If an update is needed, they should also be able to find that information for you.

The first thing they ask for is a Dr. Felix Report, which will give them a lot of info about how your computer is set up, and how our games are running on it. You can learn more about how to run the Dr. Felix and how to send it in to them at the post we created here.

Good luck!

bfgMonongahela

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 28, 12 5:31 PM
J20as8, one simple thing you might try is turning off your screensaver and setting your monitor and pc to "never" go to sleep or hibernate. All three of those things can sometimes interfere with games. (They shouldn't, but they do.) Once you complete the game, you can turn them back on.

If that doesn't work, you can always try CS, as bfgMonongahela suggested.

[Post New]by Glossary on Jun 29, 12 3:43 AM
I liked this game, but in free sample version i did have some full screen problems. Screen resolution my 2560x1440. The screen is cut off on the right and the game is not visible in the late. Play intolerably.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Jul 1, 12 7:10 PM
I am near the end of the game and in the attic with the leprechaun. I have 4 coins and supposed to get #5 from the man in the chair. I do not have a man in the chair. Obviously a glitch of some kind. Anyone else have this issue? Don't know how to continue.
Corie

cosmoscos
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by cosmoscos on Jul 2, 12 2:37 PM
Yet another one with slow twitchy stuttering cursor and game play AND I turnt off the custom cursor and all that did was make my cursor behave, not the rest of the game. Any idea when this will be fixed? Because if it'll be longer than a week I'm going to have to ask for a refund.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jul 4, 12 10:23 AM
game ii did thes choppy & cursor responds slowly. i hope this can be fixed.
i did the "fix", now the game won't even open! my other games still open, thankfully.

Edited on 07/04/2012 at 2:37:20 PM PST

nosake
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nosake on Jul 5, 12 4:23 PM
Like many others, I have the same problem with game and cursor lag. What's interesting is that normally, in games where the cursor lags, it occurs in the close-ups, whereas with this game, the close-ups work pretty well but the main part of the game lags. Strange.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jul 8, 12 10:32 AM
i couldn't wait for the full version to finish downloading..after trying the trial... that ran smoothly..meanwhile....adobe flash player 11 updated itself,which cause micro-soft notice to continually pop up with that version had to close...wasn't until ...Lord of statues finished finished installing and i began in earnest to enjoy.. that i too ran into all problems that been spoken about... about this game... i became so frustrated that i,went ahead and removed that adobe flash player 11 version... and began the game all over.. which was okay... the game is enthralling.......whalla... all the problems were done and over with.....for me... the problem was... adobe flash player 11.....

Ash815
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Ash815 on Jul 9, 12 1:43 PM
Hi,

This game is coming up in steps, custom curser doesn't work properly. Everything is in slo mo.

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Jul 10, 12 4:18 AM
Okay...dang it....darn it........i did run into the dang tick or bug in this game again.... it's in every hidden object scene from the middle to the end.......I beat the termination notice by... going down the object list from right to left in exact order...instead of randomly checking off the list.......oh yeah.......and you will encounter the cursor issue in the bonus round big time.....oh well.........

but have to say.... nothing was as bad as the awful sound effects and cursor issues in that camper game.....wish someone would fix those issues .....

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Jul 11, 12 11:07 PM
phisherman wrote:I also found the game to be jerky and slow with a sluggish cursor. It also took forever to download.
I stopped the custom cursor, but it still gives me odd backgrounds and I have to get out and come back. Can we get a fix?

Go to: