Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

Re:Group play for Secrets Can Kill, started June 16th, we welcome more players

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 17, 12 10:13 AM
Congratulations JOY - Golly that was quick!!

Have been playing for most of the afternoon and have got loads of information some of which I'm not quite clear about yet. ** I've found one egg, set off the alarm and been everywhere in the school except the Maintenance room, but I do have the code. I have found 17 of the 18 messages - so need to go round again and try and find the last one. Have deciphered all but two and don't quite understand the end of another - so may have missed something there. The two I haven't done are the shortest and the numbers. Will leave those for tomorrow. Have resisted playing Barnacle again, **

I'm playing Junior Detective - I do need that task list - and am finding it fun - I think I will be working my way through Nancy Drew games - possibly in reverse order because I think you said you would do them in order for Group plays.

GMum xxx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 10:58 AM
GMum - Have you got the ones from - *the diner? if you want the second egg - don't fix anything in the maintenance room until you get it.*

Thank you - worked on it for several hours - wished I had this much luck with ND White Wolf. *The camera helped a lot to keep track of clues.*

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 17, 12 11:10 AM
JOY - ** I have 3 from the Diner - are there anymore there? **

GMum xx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 11:26 AM
GMUM - I think you got them all there. What about - *the map drawer in library and those in lounge. I needed 19*

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 11:36:02 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 17, 12 3:47 PM
Finished !
I really enjoyed the puzzles. I had quite a few Fatal Errors with the final scene, but I prevailed ! Woo-Hoo It was fun.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 17, 12 3:57 PM
JOY ** Definitely got the map drawer one and at least 2 in lounge. I think tomorrow I'll start by going right round again and see if I can work it out.**

Thanks so much for your help.

GMum xxx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 17, 12 6:04 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARIANNEQUILTS!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 17, 12 7:46 PM
Congratulations to marianne on finishing the game

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 17, 12 10:30 PM
congratulations joyfullady and mariannquilts.

re UHS I don't know what I am doing wrong. I did download the reader and that expired so I went online but when I have clicked on this game and agon it just kept saying that I had expired and had to buy it. This was online at the site. It only said that when I tried to bring up a specific hint on a game. I don't need hints or walkthrough for this game, was just interested to see if I could get it to work. (maybe it has something to do with all the ads they have, I try and skip them)

Anyway I realised to set off the alarm , I just needed to do what I was doing but without putting money in! end.

Congrats joyfullady on 2 easter eggs. I was all happy when I got one! I only have gotten one other easter egg in a ND game. I am playing senior detective and finding this way easier than other ND games that I have played some on junior level!

Just found the library and got into it (have done all the notes and gotten into the printer computer room and did that).

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 12:11:25 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 18, 12 3:42 AM
Granny_Fish wrote: I DID finish From Labrador to Madagascar. YAY! ME!!. Got hooked on the story and ordered Lost Sword of Toledo. Masochist me!

Congrats to Granny_Fish for finishing the 2nd & 3rd game of Agon.

I've finished the game and had fun playing. I enjoyed finding all the word puzzles to work on. I had trouble getting the game to end, kept getting the fatal error on the last scene.

I found one easter egg and only 3 on my badge. I really need to start goofing around in these games to be able to get more stars.

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 3:46:59 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 18, 12 3:58 AM
sunshine

A HUGE CONGRATS SUNSHINE

The only egg I got was at the soda machine. I tried a few more times hoping to get a 2nd egg, but no luck. I noted in the achievements that I didn't get credit for reading all the books, but I did read them and found them interesting. And there were other credits un-checked. So I'm not sure about the accuracy of the badge or other credits.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 18, 12 4:57 AM
Congrats marianne & sunshinej

I am currently trying to avoid ** being blown up in the boilerroom. First of all I tried to open the padlock, totally forgetting I had a boltcutter Now I need to work the levers and the third one seems to be stuck **
probably, as usual, I am missing something
Have played Barnacle Blast like crazy Kind of hoping it would get me another egg, but no such luck

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jun 18, 12 4:59 AM
@gingergal I don't think you are doing something wrong with UHS, I am guessing that once you've downloaded the trial and it expires they kind of 'force' you to buy it by not giving you access anymore to the online version.

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Jun 18, 12 6:03 AM
Just looking in - a big Congrats! to Joyfullady, marianne and sunshine , you super sleuths!

No time to play yesterday but on Saturday I got a far as ** blowing myself up in the basement while I was admiring the flaming furnace ** Kaboom.
I have lots of ideas about how to prevent that though, which I'll be trying later today when it gets too hot to do any more gardening.

I'm enjoying the game so far - and didn't even think to use my phone to ** take pictures of the coded notes ** duh! I can always go back and do it of course, and in the meantime, I've taken lots of handwritten notes.

I found the school to be a confusing maze too and it took me forever to find ** the second study dome - the one with Connie and the Teachers' Lounge ** No idea how I kept missing it.

Actually I didn't recognise the music in Barnacle Blast - maybe because I was so panicked to see Barnacle Blast there at all - I hope we don't have to win it to finish the game (?).

For fans of Barnacle Blast - it appears in ND Haunted Carousel and you do have to win it at increasingly difficult levels to proceed in the game. It's a big bugaboo with me when Adventure Gamers are forced to win an arcade game to finish an Adventure Game. If I were a fan of arcade games I'd have bought one ... don't get me started.

Back OT - I did however recognise some of the "Student Art" on the walls of the high school. One entry is a sketch of ** one of the students in ND Warnings at Waverley Academy - the one with pigtails who plays the cello **.

Well I'm off to deal with r/w and then on to more sleuthing.

Cheers!

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 6:04:30 AM PST

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 18, 12 6:28 AM
CONGRATS MARIANNE & SUNSHINE!!!

... and Granny Fish for Lapland to Madagascar

I've just finished, but not without multiple sackings and killings!!! ** Got blown up in the Boiler Room at least 10 times and shot3 or 4 times before I remembered about the bars. Only got the egg from the soda machine and still have no idea what the soup ladle I picked up in the kitchen was for. I only got 3 stars as well even though I thought I had read all the books and drunk and awful lot of Cool, Cool, Pop, Spot , Grape !!! .**

Really enjoyed the game - sadly now I feel almost human again, I will now have to catch up with garden and house work before i have a go at one of those new games I bought in the sale

GMum xxxx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 18, 12 6:33 AM
CFG - you've probably done the boiler by now. but if you need a clue ** Think sequence puzzle **

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 18, 12 6:35 AM
catfish girl Did think that could be it, ah well.

Talking about music in barnacle blast (and I agree I hate arcade games but don't know if I need to finish it? I've left it at level 4 I think) if you play all the music on the juke box did you notice the 'audition' button, also if you play that and all others afterwards it's the same music as the audition in venice. Jukebox also has ND name backwards.

There are a lot of wee things like that in this game, if you played danger by design one of the books has the martial arts moves in it you have to learn. One of the posters in the school is the ND silhouttee with magnfying glass. Very clever putting all that stuff in.

I've run out of room on my camera so hope I dont need to take photos of everything to get an award.

Haven't had any time yesterday to play and won't today, maybe tonight. so happy sleuthing and hope to join you later.

sunshine congrats
and grandmamum
re blowing yourself up - I tried running out the door, forget about killing everyone else left. But I guess they don't allow you to do that as maybe that's a bit dodgy ethically. I did figure it out.

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 6:39:41 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 18, 12 6:52 AM
Congrats to GMum on finishing

gingergal...I did notice that ** book ** from Danger by Design

regarding the Barnacle Blast game ** You don't need to finish it to complete game, but you do get a star at the end for winning the last level. **

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 6:54:03 AM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 18, 12 7:28 AM
Several of the items I did I also did not receive achievement awards for - so don't think this one is very accurate.

Easter Egg Spoiler* while everyone seems to have found the one in the cola machine - the other one is under the seat in the library; but here is the catch - you must open it before you get stuck in the maintenance room. It will tell you you've opened it too soon but surprise. You'll then need to come back later in the game to open the tape box again.

GMum - regarding ladle *that had me stumped until I discovered the bolt cutters in the kitchen and when you take it - you have a gas leak - thus the ladle! The bolt cutters can be used somewhere instead of the lock code. Regarding blown up - LOL! Spoiler * Since I found the Aunt's combination I never set the alarm off 3 times and didn't know about the trap - so I think I got blown up every clue there was until I got so frustrated I checked the UHS. Pretty proud of myself only had to use it twice.

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 7:28:47 AM PST

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 18, 12 7:40 AM
CONGRATULATIONS GMUM AND SUNSHINE!

Gingergal - Regarding UHS - other then waiting for ads I haven't had to purchase the game. Did notice if you click off the hint even just a tiny bit you get thrown into an ad or asking you to purchase it. I think I've been using it off and on for a year. Wonder if you delete your cookies if it would allow you to keep using it.

March Hare - regarding the lounge area hall door- *the only way I could find the door is by coming out the study area - I kept thinking there were two studies but realized just one connecting the two hallways. If I came up that hallway I'd miss it.

How many found out what to use the ladle to fix? Dumbest thing I've heard of - expected to get blown up any second on that one.

Go to: