Re:Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by MrMoonlight on Jul 19, 12 2:24 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

When you place the last puzzle piece on the fridge puzzle, X out of the puzzle before the runtime error kicks in. I'm sure you've done it enough times to know the code already so its a good idea to already have the code entered in the wall safe over the stove. Do the same after setting the clock hands at the train station. This works.

Edited on 07/19/2012 at 2:34:27 PM PST

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Jul 25, 12 7:01 PM
I had the same glitch reported previously by others in the technical forum concerning the magnetic puzzle with code to the safe; I tried to first install the update (with the "patch") instead of uninstalling/reinstalling. That didn't work, so I did the un/re install...I could get the code without problems but cannot get the safe to show the spot where to enter the code. I am not going to go through all the Felix report reporting because others are still having problems after downloading the new version, and this game is ending up being a headache rather than a fun leisure time activity. Too bad; it was a good game!

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Jul 26, 12 4:28 AM
OOPS!!! I just realized that despite thinking I had, I did not knock out all the bricks surrounding the safe over the stove...When I went back and tried the game again, knocking out every brick did the trick! Now it's working just fine!!!

vals2010
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vals2010 on Aug 27, 12 1:13 PM
HELP! I'm a way behind everyone else with playing this game, as I have just started it today, even though I have had it installed for a while now. The problem I have, is where you have to put the flower powder into the machine, and turn the knobs to get the liquid into the flasks. The problem is, that although I have actually checked with the walkthrough, to make sure I am doing it correctly, the knobs on the front of the machine, won't work. Just the ones at the sides and top centre seem to be working. A thousand thanks you's for any help. xxxxxxx

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Sep 7, 12 5:56 PM
The game hung during a hidden object scene. It was in the Police Station in the first room. It was the scene where the pink piggy bank is in a safe. I was to take the hammer and break the piggy bank amd collect the Spare Change. The hammer would not break the piggy bank. It just stopped at the safe's open door. I could not pick it up again. I reinstalled the game, but it did not fix the problem. I then moved on to another scene. When I pressed the "Hint" button, it took me right back to the Police Station. I could not move forward in the game.

This is one more glitch that needs to be fixed. After reading the problems others are having with this game, It sounds like the developers need to "up their game" if they're going to compete in this market..

If there is no solution to my problem, I'd like to request a complimentary coupon from BFG. Thank you.

suetyler
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by suetyler on Sep 11, 12 3:51 PM
I have the same peoblem with the hammer and the piggy bank. I finally found the hammer hovering above the bank in the safe, but it's frozen, and when I try to pick it up, all that happens is that the door to the safe opens and closes. How do I get past this problem? The hammer and bank is the last item needed in this scene.

[Post New]by trainer464 on Sep 21, 12 6:12 PM
Full screen mode cuts off third line of HO screen. The game seems to work once opetion is turned off, but I would really prefer to play full screen.
Opening was very slow, but remaining actions seem to be working okay. I haven't gone very far into game and am wondering if reseting screen resolution will help.
Gary

[Post New]by Stlouisfan on Nov 8, 12 5:37 AM
IYBAKH wrote:The game hung during a hidden object scene. It was in the Police Station in the first room. It was the scene where the pink piggy bank is in a safe. I was to take the hammer and break the piggy bank amd collect the Spare Change. The hammer would not break the piggy bank. It just stopped at the safe's open door. I could not pick it up again. I reinstalled the game, but it did not fix the problem. I then moved on to another scene. When I pressed the "Hint" button, it took me right back to the Police Station. I could not move forward in the game.

This is one more glitch that needs to be fixed. After reading the problems others are having with this game, It sounds like the developers need to "up their game" if they're going to compete in this market..

If there is no solution to my problem, I'd like to request a complimentary coupon from BFG. Thank you.

golfdiva1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by golfdiva1 on Jan 18, 13 1:29 PM
gobaba wrote:I down-loaded the patch, and have a different problem. The game says I need to take the axe out of the stump by the woodsman's house, but though it highlights at a distance, up close the cursor doesn't recognize it and won't pick it up.

Tired of this, moving on to another game without history of glitches. Call me when you get ALL the glitches fixed.

This isn't a glitch! There is a log that is very difficult to see, behind the axe handle I think. You have to be sure all the logs are picked up. Then the game will move on.

[Post New]by SpazzyCat on Feb 2, 13 12:41 AM
Stlouisfan wrote:
IYBAKH wrote:The game hung during a hidden object scene. It was in the Police Station in the first room. It was the scene where the pink piggy bank is in a safe. I was to take the hammer and break the piggy bank amd collect the Spare Change. The hammer would not break the piggy bank. It just stopped at the safe's open door. I could not pick it up again. I reinstalled the game, but it did not fix the problem. I then moved on to another scene. When I pressed the "Hint" button, it took me right back to the Police Station. I could not move forward in the game.

I am having the same problem as posted above also there is another hidden object scene in the Police Station on the desk where you have to get a cuckoo, the hint keeps telling me to move the clock hands but no matter what position i put the clock hands in nothing happens. I'm stuck in both hidden object scenes and can not move forward as there is nothing else for me to do till I complete these scenes. I used a game club credit to purchase this game if it cant be fixed i'd like my credit back.

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 12:44:43 AM PST

[Post New]by SpazzyCat on Feb 4, 13 5:48 AM
I got the clock to work although it was a major pain in the behind because it kept getting stuck, but the hammer is still stuck hovering over the piggy bank. No matter wheat i do it wont unfreeze. Please help.

Edited on 02/04/2013 at 5:49:01 AM PST

[Post New]by AHaney on Mar 16, 13 7:18 PM
I too am having trouble with the hammer & the piggy bank. How do I get the "smash" to finish happening? I've done all else that I can do, so I need to get this to work.

gathering flies

[Post New]by pepperpotpatty on Mar 27, 13 3:09 PM
I'm having trouble getty the fly. I appear to have collected all of them because there aren't any left on the board, but it still tells me that I need to gather all the flies. The hint directs me to the top left corner of the board but there's no fly left there. Can you help?

tia2u
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by tia2u on May 30, 13 9:24 PM
I'm also experiencing the issue in the HOS in the police station where the hammer disappears when you try to smash the piggy bank, and subsequently appears hovering in front of the safe but clicking on it does nothing - you can't grab it to smash the piggy bank. Clicking the Hint at this point opens the hint jar but no hint trail comes out, like it thinks all the hidden objects have been found. I see that this bug has been around for awhile - are there any plans to fix it, or should I get a refund?

[Post New]by reddrose on Jun 5, 13 8:36 PM
I am having troubles with the radio in the hidden object game. It will not let me move the station to 106.3. I have reinstalled and it keeps doing the same thing lets me find and do everything but the radio. Can't move forward until I figure the out. I would like to finish this game.

Plientje
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Plientje on Jun 28, 13 1:58 PM
same thing here, piggy bank won't get smashed!

what can we do please? I bought this game on sale today, and I'm surprised to see that BF promotes it again without having solved the technical issues.

What can we do??
Please help??

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jun 28, 13 8:08 PM
same problem THE PIGGY BANK-any ideas??put the 2 and change we spent on the game today and smash the piggy bank for us big fish!!!! to bad I really started liking this game, hog scenes were interactive and kinda hard!!!!! put a spin on it for me-developers need to take another look, this is gonna be a real pain for big fish-soo soorry

[Post New]by tzumom on Jun 29, 13 10:12 AM
Exact same problem here!!

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jun 29, 13 10:43 AM
Just installed. Having the same problems, I'm stuck at the piggy bank too. Also had trouble getting that cuckoo because the hands were VERY difficult to move properly.

Big Fish is great about refunding your money or giving you a different game, you just have to contact them. Which, if a reinstall doesn't solve the problem, I will be doing. Too bad as I rather enjoyed the game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 29, 13 10:50 AM
Hello tzumom, rolldedice, and Plientje,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening in your games.

Often when there's an issue in the game like this, it's an indication that something in the game isn't communicating with something on the computer. For assistance finding relevant software on your computer that could use an update, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Also, since several of you have mentioned that issue with the piggy bank, I would definitely suggest contacting our Tech Support Team with the details of what's happening. This would give us more information about the issue so that one of our Reps can help sort out what's going on, or escalate the problem if need-be.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 06/29/2013 at 4:58:14 PM PST

Go to: