Re:Reviews for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cejayaik on Jun 24, 12 1:18 PM
I've been a BFG member two years and never posted a comment. Personally I believe that BFG does an excellnt job bringine us a variety of games. I enjoyed this game because it was not predictable. When I could have written the story I find the whole premise ho hum this was different. I sincerely appreciate BFG for making these unique games available at such an affordable price. Before BFG I would have paid $20.00 to buy this game at Target. BFG you are really special and I value my membership, keep up the good work.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 26, 12 1:28 PM
Just finished playing both the main and bous games. I did enjoy this game, not as much as the one I just finished playing the other day (with all the wonderful reviews!!), but I did like this one. I agree with Valdy about having to click way too many times in the HOS to find an object - I just want to get the heck out of those scenes and on to the game! I found the HOS easy, tho, other than what I just mentioned. The mini-games were also fairly easy but still fun to play. (I'm a sucker for those slider games - I know some fishies really don't like them). I found the story, also, as someone else said, kind of in between a fairy tale and something else. I think this game would appeal to a wide range of ages. Its a pleasant way to spend a few hours (or more!). Its a nice, not too hard game. I would say definetly give it a try.

feenix

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 3, 12 4:52 PM
Just finished this game AND the very short Bonus game. Definately not worth the CE money expenditure. A very convuluted game. Sometimes I lost track of what the story was really all about. Maybe I missed something at first, but good grief what a mixture of ideas. Curser was not always responsive and you had to make sure you waited for the little "whirly" things to appear, otherwise the inventory item would not work and it would tell you it wouldn't. Not real clear on what to do or where to go next and got very frustrating. Thank God for a HINT button that refreshed quickly, I used it all the time just to get around. The Journal was a minimal help as was the Task section.

Mini games were easy but the SKIP button took time. Their were apparently achievements and some gold you picked up by clicking on little blue flowers...never was sure what that was all about or what they really bought in the store. Voice overs were very sluggish and odd.

One good thing about this is it DID HAVE AN ENDING! And a happy one at that. Personally I would not recommend this game unless you are into HOS (there are a lot of them and they are repeated) and trying to figure out where to go and what to do on your own. I give it a 3 .

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 6, 12 8:33 AM
Thx DEV's for this outstanding game, I am going to buy this game I loved everything about your game, There is alot of hard work and many hours in this awesome game,,
Your Graphics are off the chain,,loved the sounds this game is awesome..
BF Kuddo;s to you..sending you many thanks your way..I been a member for many years and I rather support you then any game website..Your always here for your value members and you support us even when we have tec problems..I can't thank you enough, You make sure we get great games..

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by agedog1 on Jul 11, 12 8:24 AM
Well I disagree with the majority here. This particular game was NOT READY FOR RELEASE. There are too many bugs to name. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME until the bugs are fixed!!!

This is a real shame as the graphics are lovely, the HOG's are great and the storyline is nice - but as I said THIS GAME HAS MAJOR BUGS!!!

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Jul 13, 12 11:37 AM
I was mesmerized by this game from the beginning. The graphics are astonishingly beautiful, which is a big selling point for me. Cutscenes are great. And this game had two "firsts" for me: i've never "loved" the music in any game before, but it is so well suited to every scene, & so haunting & memorable, it's just amazing; and, i'm actually using a screensaver and wallpaper from the game, which i've never done, but again, the art is so fine i couldn't help myself. This game offers a lot, beginning with a good, if not unique, story: you & your twin sister have an unknown past that has taunted you with visions and feelings while you grew up in an orphanage. Now your sis has disappeared & you are driven to find her. You journey into a weird and magical land full of many unexpected encounters. This HOPA gives you all the tools you need or want to move thru the adventure: 3 play modes; journal with tasks; awards & achievements; the extra of collecting coins to buy bonus items in "the store". HOscenes are interactive, and like in Phantasmat, you can opt to change to match 3 for the entire HOscene or just part of it. Minis/puzzles are good. I was immersed in this odd mystical world (with occult overtones, which may not appeal to some folks), intent on reaching my goal but taking my time moving from one amazingly well rendered scene to the next. The SG is there if needed, but i must say i didn't get much use out of it, as the game is not difficult. But it is loads of fun, filled with amazing scenery & quite well put together. I did note a bit of lag between some scenes, but all in all the game performed very well for me. I would highly recommend this one to any level of player who might have an interest in the genre. Give it a demo & have fun with this really nice one! Kudos to the devs!

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Jul 24, 12 1:44 AM
I should have read this Forum before I bought it and I agree with agedog1, this Game is not done yet

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 1:47:15 AM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 29, 12 10:39 AM
This game was ok...i am not real big on the story line at all...too mystical with dragons & flying creatures. Not my cup of tea....I kinda was rushing thru the game just to get it over with & to start another one. Sorry Big Fish

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Aug 16, 12 12:13 AM
When I first started this game I thought is would be a substandard game, not so hot. It took me a bit to get into it, but I would now rate it 5 stars. It has an excellent flow, lots of puzzles. I really enjoyed it. It's better than some of the very ornate HOGS out there.

GAME COMPLETED TWICE

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 17, 13 6:11 AM
GAME COMPLETED TWICE

So Colourful and Vibrant, It’s Almost Gaudy

Story: Ariel and Belle were dropped off at an orphanage long ago and cannot remember their parents. Now, Belle has been kidnapped and Ariel goes off in pursuit of her twin sister. Ariel's search leads her to a backwater European town that time forgot and where magic fills the air. You must uncover the secret that has led to Belle's abduction.

Developer: Space Monkeys International
Release Date: Jun 2012
Extras: Achievements, Collectibles, Unlockable Bonus HO scenes and Mini-Games

The colours, the flowers, the creatures – they are all masterful creations in this charmingly strange game. The story, though, is what makes it so odd. Most of the time there is no way to connect the gameplay with our goal, and the end didn’t clear things up either. Second time around, I just ignored it and went with the flow. THEN, the game became a lot of fun.

There are tiny purple flowers to collect in each scene ( for which you get coins), and beautiful fantasy creatures, also some real oddball characters. The HOs are pretty and interesting, but not hard. And you have the alternative of playing Match 3. The puzzles were a snap. Both puzzles and HOs award you with coins depending on how quickly you completed them. (See below)

Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed myself, and if the story had been handled better, this game would have rated 5 stars.

Bonus Content Review ****

Okay, now the bonus content seems to have confused many, so I’ll try to get it right.

Collectibles, completed HOs and puzzles can earn you coins which can be spent in the Store.

The “Achievements” button in the Main Menu shows you your coins awarded for HOs or puzzle you played. You then have the option to redo that spot and aim for a better result. I think this has wonderful option.

The Bonus button on the Main Menu gives you the Bonus adventure, which is not necessary to the Main Game, but follows on from it. Personally, I thought it a bit weak.

The Store is where you can get those items that are unique to the CE - concept art, backstory sketches, music, and videos. Your reward for being so clever is a little art appreciation experience.

Would I buy the CE again? No, I think I’d have been just as happy with the SE.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 2:42:26 AM PST

Go to: