Re:Post any City of Fools technical issues here only

[Post New]by portia60 on Sep 22, 12 12:05 PM
I'm not looking for help. I just want to report that this game has repeatedly crashed my computer. It's a complete freeze requiring a hard reboot. There are no error messages, but once I later got a message that windows had fixed a problem with the display adapter. The problem, however, seems to me to be resources management. I can sometimes tell when the game is about to crash because it slows down considerably. I have the game installed on an older Vista laptap, but everything is as up-to-date as it can be. Using this game reminds my of the early days of computing when one had to be sure to save her work frequently.

[Post New]by Vivian3 on Sep 25, 12 9:05 AM
Speech bubbles are blank. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times with no luck. Looks like a fun game. Please fix this problem.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 25, 12 9:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

If your game is crashing or displaying improperly and uninstalling and reinstalling the game hasn't done the trick, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into this for you. For more information on how to do that, just click this link here:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

This will also help our team better track any issues. Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Sep 28, 12 9:32 PM
I dont know if this is an error or gameplay, but when I click on people to talk to them, their speech bubbles are empty so I cant see what they are playing. Likewise on the menu page, sometimes the links in the rectangular boxes are visible and sometimes they are not.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Sep 28, 12 11:06 PM
Pangaeus wrote:I dont know if this is an error or gameplay, but when I click on people to talk to them, their speech bubbles are empty so I cant see what they are playing. Likewise on the menu page, sometimes the links in the rectangular boxes are visible and sometimes they are not.

I tried unstalling and restalling it but the bubbles still come up without text. It seems like alot of people are having problems with the Mac version...are they working on putting out an updated version that actually works?

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Sep 30, 12 1:06 PM
I tried installing and running the game on a different Mac but I still have the problem of no dialogue in the speech bubbles. :-(

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Sep 30, 12 2:40 PM
Hi Pangaeus,

I'm sorry to hear that City of Fools is giving you trouble with no dialogue. In this case I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support Team. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look into what's going on with you - and this will help us better track any issues.

For more information on how to get in contact with them, just click this link below:

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by mossmuncher on Oct 1, 12 5:51 PM
ugaliz18 wrote:
iahawk1989 wrote:Same issue with the mac version and the speech bubbles. I get about one in ten that have something written in them. Waiting until this is fixed to play some more.

So...if this seems to be an issue with Mac users, why is the advice to "uninstall and reinstall"? How will this help a fault in the programming?

This has been a disappointing problem for me.

Additionally, I am not able to change the the combination on the lockers. Are any other Mac users having this problem?

I have this same problem on my mac and you are right, that's lame advice. It isn't a download issue if we are all having this problem. Its code (speaking as code monkey myself). I can highlight text bubbles and their contents might appear or disappear randomly. This is a game I would buy and play but its unplayable on the mac. Fix it or don't bother pretending that you have a mac version.

[Post New]by sooo80s on Oct 2, 12 5:12 PM
Mac speech bubbles are blank for me too, and the numbers on the lockers are also blank. Like others, my Mac is updated. From drives to plugins, I'm set. Uninstalling/reinstalling does not work. I have worked with software that is incompatible with certain platforms based on small glitches, and I think that may be the case here. Meaning, this is not something that can be worked out with the Tech support at BFG but with the people who wrote the game. BFG, I think we need to stop asking people to work with tech support (aka, something is wrong with their version or system) but with the makers of the game. If I am wrong, could someone please post about how it got fixed for them?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Oct 3, 12 4:21 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear if uninstalling and reinstalling the game isn't helping clear up this issue of no text bubbles in your game. We typically start with this just to ensure all your file installed correctly the first time.

However, for those who are running into this issue, definitely don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support Team. This will help us better track any issues. And if you are able to send in a Dr. Felix, this will help our team track any trends.

In addition to that our reps will be happy to help you with your purchase right now in any way they can.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this. For more information on how to get in contact with support just click this link below:

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 8, 12 12:04 AM
I'm on the Mac version and I'm guessing it is NOT supposed to have blank white text bubbles? Becuase the guy is speaking in gibberish so I imagine either the text bubbles are supposed to not be blank OR he's supposed to be speaking intelligibly. One of those isnt working.
I tried to go on past that scene. Did one thing but the next thing that came up was also having the same problems & I could tell that whatever it is supposed to be doing, I cannot play until it does do that.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 8, 12 1:19 AM
Heya Yaelle,

If a game doesn't display properly like it happens here, uninstalling and resinstalling the game often helps to clear up the jumbled files. You could also make sure that all your drivers are up to date.

Our dedicated Tech Support tech support would also be happy to have a look at everything for you should these steps not solve the problem. If you also attach a Dr. Felix report with your message, this will give them all the information they need right away so they can help you faster.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Oct 12, 12 7:45 PM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Yaelle,

If a game doesn't display properly like it happens here, <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and resinstalling</a> the game often helps to clear up the jumbled files. You could also make sure that all <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">your drivers are up to date</a>.

Our dedicated <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support</a> tech support would also be happy to have a look at everything for you should these steps not solve the problem. If you also attach a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688>Dr. Felix</a> report with your message, this will give them all the information they need right away so they can help you faster.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Its really annoying that Big Fish keeps sending messages like this...it is obviously a developer issue...stop pretending that uninstalling and installing the game is going to fix the problem! Instead, just send out an update when the issue is fixed!! I am waiting to buy. I did the Dr. Felix and emailed it in and got an email saying the developers are looking into the issue.

[Post New]by l8night on Nov 2, 12 10:37 PM
Has anyone found a fix yet for the Mac version? Does seem like a fun game, but can't see any dialogue.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Nov 24, 12 9:35 PM
Not that I have heard. I keep checking in every few weeks to see if there is an update, but it seems BFG is not pushing the developers to fix the issues with the Mac version. :-(

[Post New]by Claycat on Dec 13, 12 6:46 AM
This game worked fine for me until I tried to start a new game. Every time I try, it crashes. I have a Mac, too.

[Post New]by Claycat on Dec 13, 12 12:51 PM
I did try the uninstall and reinstall. So far, knock on wood, it's working!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 13, 12 2:24 PM
Hi Fishies,

If uninstalling and reinstalling the game isn't helping with crashing issues, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team. They can troubleshoot that issue with you further and hopefully get you back to gaming quickly. If you'd like to check it out, our help article for reinstalling the game can be found here as well:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Dec 18, 12 6:27 PM
Claycat wrote:I did try the uninstall and reinstall. So far, knock on wood, it's working!

Alas, not for me

Mac Version dialogue bubbles are blank

[Post New]by 7domino on Jan 16, 13 9:09 AM
Has anyone found a fix yet for the Mac version? Does seem like a fun game, but can't see any dialogue.

Just downloaded the game in Jan 2013 and the dialogue bubbles are most of the time blank. That is disappointing. Let me know when it will be fixed and I will buy it. For now it goes in the garbage can :-(.

Go to: