bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Skyborn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 2, 12 2:32 PM
Hi Fishies,

To clarify the jumping issue, the only place that you'll need to jump is when crossing the canal when following the Red Spectre. When the Spectre jumps on the barrels, you can follow them around the building rather than jumping up. This is not a technical issue, and is working as intended.

To jump, you can click the spacebar, or the left mouse button when you're at the edge of the canal.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Edited on 08/02/2012 at 2:32:57 PM PST

[Post New]by knordin84 on Aug 4, 12 10:02 PM
shyslerj wrote:When I 'fly' the airship to the Industrial District I cannot leave the ship. I can move around within the ship but cannot exit or fly anywhere else. The same thing happened when I tried to fly to the Palace. More than once I have closed the program and then continued from a prevous point. Everything else seems to be working correctly. Once in a while I have found that I have to use the arrow keys to move the character but that is intermittent.

I have been having the exact same problem. I updated my drivers and uninstalled/reinstalled the game to no avail. I've also sent a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to the Technical Support team.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Aug 4, 12 11:50 PM
Just hoping you have an earlier save point before returning to the desert for the #7 card.

This trick may help you to continue with the game.

After jumping into waterfall, retrieving card and ending up in coal mine, just head straight over to the celestial elevator and take the red transport back to the Industrial District. The ship will be magically there waiting for you. Must have been piloted by Coggie or Wax or Jillie From there, you should be able to take the ship to your next destination without getting stuck.

Note: I've found that when you try to return to the ship from the coal mine after jumping and retrieving the card, you will get *locked* in the ship, so just use the elevator to go back to the drydock and the ship will be there.

[Post New]by godeb8 on Sep 15, 12 10:33 PM
Cinders31 wrote:I have been playing the game for awhile and only now have a problem.

I am in the lower levels, can't remember name, starts with a V... you have to use the crystal transporter to get way down in the depths.

here is my issue:
character gets stuck. there is NOTHING around for the character to get stuck on, it is pathway and I cannot move. I have to click the exit without saving or will be there forever. this happens in the ice-looking level, the rock and lava level, and others in the underground.

also, the game has gotten "jerky" movements now.

these problems ONLY happened after I went down to these lower levels.

IF I am told to uninstall and re-install, that will delete all my progress won't it?

I had the same problem with my mouse on all of the lower levels. Just use the keyboard on those. Left, Right, Up and Down. Use the "Z" Key, I think it was, to push the buttons and activate the crystals. Just make sure that you are facing them. It is a game issue, I determined after changing the batteries in my mouse.

Edited on 09/15/2012 at 10:35:50 PM PST

[Post New]by godeb8 on Sep 15, 12 11:00 PM
If you get stuck in the caverns and your mouse won't move the characters, the easiest solution is to just use the keyboard for those parts. Right, Left, Up and Down. When you need to push a button or activate a crystal, face it, and press the "Z" key (I think). It only seems to happen in the deep caverns, so it is not a very big deal.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Dec 22, 12 8:43 PM
You can use the "Enter" key, too (I always have trouble when I have to use the alphabet keys LOL) Also, to get the menu up...you can use the "Esc" key.

fihill
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Screen flickering

[Post New]by fihill on Jan 30, 14 7:15 PM
Hi, I've just bought this game and tried to play and the top half of the screen flickers constantly and it makes the game unplayable. It doesn't appear that anyone else has had this problem, so no idea how to fix it.

GUI Issues

[Post New]by leafwind on Feb 21, 14 5:31 PM
I bought this game on steam, and I came across an issue with the GUI. In fullscreen the GUI gets cut off at the left side, making only a sliver of the items button appear. This only happens in fullscreen and my Resolution is 1920 x 1080. I seriously prefer fullscreen to windowed, and would like to see a fix to this soon. Also please ignore the silly uncapitalized name, I made this account as a child

[Post New]by StonyYodelers on Feb 25, 14 10:16 PM
I'm not having any problems with the game from a gameplay standpoint, loving it. Just thought I'd mention a bug I seem to have found. I'm in the volcano right now, trying to open the door that requires the 4 buttons to be pressed first, went into a monster, and the fight started like normal. There was only one fairly large enemy, looked like a horse, with the name of "test". It was obvious to me that this was an enemy created during the testing phase, because it died from one weak hit. Figured you guys would want to know

[Post New]by henri0812 on Mar 15, 14 8:28 AM
I just bought the game and when I start it it is in Windowmode and even thought the Window fills my entire screen the game is only in the upper left half and the Rest of the screen is black, I tried to click on the Fullscreen in the Options, but nothing happened, I hope you can help me.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Mar 16, 14 12:25 AM
henri0812 - Try pressing 'Alt' and the Enter key. That would normally do the trick about changing from 'windowed' mode to 'full-screen'.

Hope it works.

Stony - it's not a bug, but harmonic just decided to leave that horse looking one in with the name 'test' That's one easy experience point LOL

Edited on 03/16/2014 at 12:27:07 AM PST

[Post New]by henri0812 on Mar 16, 14 2:22 AM
I tried it and when I press ALT + Enter the Screen turns Black for a few seconds and it is back in window mode again

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Mar 16, 14 3:02 AM
rats...was hoping it would have worked for you henri0812. You're going to have to send that report thingy to the tech people

[Post New]by Ultraviolet16 on Apr 7, 14 3:58 PM
I'm in the Venom Depths, specifically the Mecha level and I can't pull any of the levers or open the chests! I need to pull the lever to put the spikes down and move on, but it won't let me. It's the same with the chests, I click on them but the game doesn't do anything. I've not had any issue up till this point in the game, where I wasn't able to press the green button. What do I do? With the green button, it just suddenly started working, and the red was fine, but now the lever won't work. And during this, my ability to click on the ground to move also disappears. Its really annoying me, I've got the spades deck. Help!

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Apr 12, 14 9:20 AM
Have you tried using the keyboard? I always have trouble with my mouse, so I've normally used the keyboard to play. I have more control over where and how far I move along...but that's just personal preference But maybe it may unstick. Seemed like certain areas you would need to use the keyboard instead...and where you'd "click"...just press "enter".

Game Breaking Bug

[Post New]by thunderhill on Jun 9, 14 10:13 PM
By clicking new game, the game immediately freezes, showing only a black screen with some remnants of a HUD edge at bottom of the screen.

SOLVED: Game Crashing at Gold Warden

[Post New]by maggiemaes on Jul 14, 14 9:45 PM
For those who are experiencing their game "crashing" at the gold warden (right after escaping from prison and working your way through the underground tunnel area), this is what I did to fix it (reinstalling did not help):

When I talk to the warden, the fight is suppose to start but instead the game automatically minimizes and another small window opens saying something like Active Movie... I can't remember exactly what. Nothing happens. Finally I just maximized the original game window by clicking on it and then everything was fine. Simple as that!

Lady_Reba
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Reba on Jan 9, 15 1:09 AM
I was in the nordenvald subterranean and my character froze and i cant move her had to go back bit and start play from there its in saved file 3

Go to: