Re:Comments for Night In The Opera

[Post New]by PandaBearCub on Jun 27, 12 7:41 AM
This is a rather interesting game! I'm enjoying the mix of HO's and Match 3 with some adventure thrown in and being able to play relaxed mode! Had to play a bit before figuring out how the store worked! Didn't see any prices until I played the HO scene!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 27, 12 8:55 AM
I haven't played the trial, yet, but just the video drew me in right away-especially the opera music which I'm quite familiar with, thanks to my mom who loved opera. I'm off to play the trial and most likely I'll add it to my collection.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jun 27, 12 11:28 AM
I too, am totally confused. I agree with Valdy - I have a cane head with no cane -I have a bunch of money and can't buy anything. The only thing I have in the "store' is a spray bottle and I can't even buy that! I went back to the murder scene and did a hidden object scene with no results, except another M3 (which incidently, I love M3 games - I have alot of them) But I don't get this game at all. And it looks like I'm not alone! I will wait for a few more reviews before I delete this whatever kind of game this is!

feenix

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 11:43 AM
feenix2011 wrote:I too, am totally confused. I agree with Valdy - I have a cane head with no cane -I have a bunch of money and can't buy anything. The only thing I have in the "store' is a spray bottle and I can't even buy that! I went back to the murder scene and did a hidden object scene with no results, except another M3 (which incidently, I love M3 games - I have alot of them) But I don't get this game at all. And it looks like I'm not alone! I will wait for a few more reviews before I delete this whatever kind of game this is!

feenix

Hi feenix...

I have figured some of it out, and posted in on page two. Here it is again:

Valdy wrote:OK, I played another M3 game, and then got a record. I love that little place where you can listen to music.

And then I got the HOS. Yayyy.... And in that HOS I found the bonus item that will be added to the Store.

I must say, they could have explained it a little in the tutorial how this works.

Well, I am loving this game, especially now that I am starting to get the hang of it.

Oh, and I loved that HOS. Beautiful and clear graphics, and nice interactions as well.

It looks like you have to do 4 M3 games before you get a HOS in the bedroom upstairs. When you do the HOS, you will get a bonus - the spray bottle, which will then land in your shop and then you can buy it.

I didn't even know how to buy it until I saw that the money for the bottle was automatically deduct from my purse, and depending on how many of the bottles you want to buy the more money is automatically taken from your purse.

Hope this helps you a little. It helped me quite a bit.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 27, 12 11:44 AM
This is a very interesting game. I usually do not play M3 games, and I dislike most games that are timed. However, I liked the game a lot and when I played on the timed mode, I rarely had less than 2 and a half minutes left when I completed the level. The graphics are beautiful, and I didn't have any problems following the gameplay. My only gripe is with the black screen I got between M3 levels. I will probably get this game next month.

bruser
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bruser on Jun 27, 12 1:19 PM
This game does not have much to it. You have to play at least three match games before you get a HO game. You get a record to play after two Match games. Don't like this game, but will play for a little bit more

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jun 27, 12 1:52 PM

I played 59 minutes of demo and then bought. I've added about another hour of play since then. This is primarily a match three. There are very few puzzles or hidden object scenes. You are aso left very much on your own to figure out how things work. Do click around for clues. There is a ? in the upper left corner of the hallway scenes. The explains what some of the objects are for. When you con't find anything else to do, go play more match 3 boards. I found this game very intriguing because it doesn't follow the usual formulas for any of the genres.

[Post New]by FloridaGirl7264 on Jun 27, 12 1:56 PM
I wasn't sure about this one at first. I played the first 1/2 hr and left for a while. Then came back and played the other 1/2 hr. I really started to enjoy it when the trial ran out. It'll be one for my list. I liked the blend of HO and M3 plus adventure added in the mix. A different change from the ordinary.

[Post New]by jimlinda829 on Jun 27, 12 4:30 PM
At first I was confused too, but soon found out how to get going.
The devs really put a lot of thought into this one! I love that there is no hand holding & I am left to figure it out on my own. I also love being able to go into the music room and put on an album & enjoy the music. The only down side to this is that I thought it would keep playing when I left the room but it doesn't. I do enjoy the default music though, it's kinda wild. Normally I turn off the music as it is a distraction, but I like this one.
Others are right though, you earn items as you play more M3 games, which I usually don't like much, but this one is ok. I will be buying this one also. Such a refreshing difference!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 27, 12 4:40 PM
I played the demo all the way through. This is one tough game to play. There are just to many 3M games to play, and the HOG was not easy to find all the items. Some were quite well hidden and the scene not all that clear and crisp. I got to the mini-game where you need to determine what kind of poison was used, but was unable to do it correctly, at least as far as the game was concerned. I think this game tried to have to many things going on. It wanted to please the HOG, the interactive, the 3M players, but failed. I really thought I would like this game, but alas, more 3M games to play, and I was glad my time ran out.

adragon
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by adragon on Jun 27, 12 10:38 PM
I wanted to try the double game concept (like a couple others with HO & M3 or HO & Majong) but it keeps crashing when I try to go to M3 or the store. . .I've done a delete and reinstall but still black screen with only music. I think I may wait for a patch?

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Jun 27, 12 11:09 PM
I'm liking it so far...

But, what do the scissors do? I can't seem to use them in the M3 part of the game, so maybe they are for the other part?

My only objection re the M3 part is that the tiles seem to move to the side as well as down, so when you expect a tile to drop directly below its position when you make a match below it, it more often than not will actually fall one row over to left or right and then down...makes getting those tricky last few squares difficult. I don't remember ever playing another M3 where the tiles did that.

The rest of the gameplay hasn't been difficult. Okay, maybe I'm jaded. Others are mentioning not knowing what to do with the cane topper - in the office on the right - move your curser...you'll figure it out.

Anyone else have odd problems getting the poison scene to work after you failed at the first potion? I couldn't get the dropper to work for a second go round...maybe a glitch? If so, it's minor.

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 11:10:06 PM PST

[Post New]by raeofsunlight on Jun 28, 12 5:15 AM
Hello all,
This is the first time I am posting a reply on Big Fish as there are plenty of people who do reply and I usually have nothing new to add. However, I often use the reviews so I thank all of you who frequently post.

That being said, I LOVE!!! this game and want to share with Big Fish, all you, and the Developer (hopefully this gets back to them) that this is such a new and interesting joint addition to both the Match 3 games and HO games!!! Thank you for making a lover of both very happy.

The effort to join the two was done extremely well and I think that the M3 games are so new and exciting to play. Being a little OCD, I love that the player has to break all the chained squares, get all the inventory items, and get rid of all the squares underneath before finishing a game. I also like how the items fall in a diagonal pattern as it is new. I like the timed vs untimed option and the extra "coffee" when you break 5 in a row. The HO scenes aren't easy and I don't find too many games that aren't ridiculously easy as I have been playing for years and am getting quite good at them. I like the way the story is being played out so far and how the 2 different game play modes are integrated together (getting inventory through M3 games to play in HO games). I will definitely be buying this one.

Again, thank you for this awesome game!!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 28, 12 5:37 AM
I enjoyed myself so much I decided to buy the game I feel like the DEV's out did themselves on this game..Thx DEV"s for all your time and hard work..This game is a challenged and i do like games like this one,Kuddos to you BF for having another awesome game..Love the sounds and graphics DEV's.. 5 's

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by CPLB on Jun 28, 12 10:21 PM
Huh??? Am I being dense? Who was the murderer? What was one supposed to do with the coloured vials at the end?

hulahula
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by hulahula on Jun 29, 12 9:47 PM
Full spoiler: the impresario Manzoni next door (with the vials) to the Diva who said he was busy with a lady friend at the time of the event.
This game is fantastic, those who yell "stupid" just can't handle it; after all, it is full of puzzles.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 5, 12 5:30 PM
Thanks Valdy, you helped alot. I did finally finish the game and got the "jist" of it. I still can't say this is one of my favorites, tho. I like the idea of it, but WAY too many M3's. (and I like them!) It just seemed like alot of work for a few measly puzzles and a not all that interesting storyline. But I stuck it out cuz I really did want to find out who dun it!!

feenix

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Jul 14, 12 11:35 AM
Is there any way to turn off the stupid bossy "suggestions"? Playing in relaxed mode means I'm slow. I don't see as well as other people, and having the thing flashing its suggestions for M3 matches just makes me nervous. If the devs are listening, please take note senior citizens play these games, too! Thank you very much. MLC60

TeachumWell
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by TeachumWell on Nov 10, 12 5:17 PM
Hi, Fellow Fishies!
I too am more than slightly confused about this game but as I play it, it actually begins to make a weird kind of sense. The m3 part is necessary to solving the mystery and you have to play a various number of levels before getting an object or the ability to buy an object to use in the rooms. The hint system is rarely helpful, but when it is, it makes clear what to pick up next. You need to get coins in m3 to buy items which become available at various points in the story but I've no idea what the first 2 are for. Hope this clears a bit of the fog and any help from out there in the pond would be much appreciated.

TeachumWell
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by TeachumWell on Nov 10, 12 5:20 PM
Hi, Fellow Fishies!
I too am more than slightly confused about this game but as I play it, it actually begins to make a weird kind of sense. The m3 part is necessary to solving the mystery and you have to play a various number of levels before getting an object or the ability to buy an object to use in the rooms. The hint system is rarely helpful, but when it is, it makes clear what to pick up next. You need to get coins in m3 to buy items which become available at various points in the story but I've no idea what the first 2 are for. Hope this clears a bit of the fog and any help from out there in the pond would be much appreciated.

Go to: