divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ forum

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 31, 10 3:20 AM
Ahhh, the original, with Mr. Harrington's wonderful voice.

What a shame he isn't in the next one.

$2.99 today. Go for it, fishies!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 31, 10 10:07 AM
I bought this at today's discount. I guess I was out of money when it was new. I had played 60 minutes on the demo but then did not buy it.

I have noticed that the puzzles are easier for me now than they were back then. That's what practice will do for you! Still it is fun and I'm glad to be able to finish it now.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,155 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 31, 10 4:30 PM
I couldn't get it to play right on my computer-too slow and jerky. A shame because it looks like a good game.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 31, 10 5:36 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I couldn't get it to play right on my computer-too slow and jerky. A shame because it looks like a good game.

I don't recall if it's an option but did you turn off the custom cursor? That has solved that problem for me with many games and I think that was one, but I'm not certain.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,155 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 31, 10 7:09 PM
Thank you for the tip divegal. I did check in the options and was able to change the cursor which helped some.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 31, 10 8:31 PM
I'm so glad it helped! I hope you enjoy the game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 31, 10 8:56 PM
It started out slow like Chase2 on Vista laptop, but I did change cursor, that helped. Then the dialogue started going way slow and the voice was way ahead of the text. I found if I clicked the text it moved to next. Didn't have to read it all because the voice was in right speed. Couldn't do that on Chase2 because no voice and everything slower than snail pace, had to uninstall it.

I was able to play it normally, seemed to move faster as it progressed, so since I couldn't get Chase2Diamond to run anywhere near normal and so disappointed, I'm buying this one on DD, didn't expect to enjoy it so much. And yes, I was finding the puzzles doable, except the road, maybe me but couldn't figure out how to manipulate the squares like other games similar, couldn't get them to turn around or put them back, stuck to my poinster, using trash didn't help. Finally skipped it with timer going on demo. I like the dry humor and overall ambiance, music fits too and pleasing to these old ears LOL. Scenes finding parts and assembling not too big a challenge, can take more time when off the demo.

Buying

(wish I could buy DD after midnight, already have 7 for Jan so won't count

Edited on 01/31/2010 at 9:03:59 PM PST

[Post New]by bubbles1955 on Feb 1, 10 6:47 PM
HELP!!!!I'M IN THE HOTEL ROOM WAITING FOR DARK. THEN IT WAS DARK, I PICKED UP LIGHTER AND SCREWDRIVER BUT AFTER THAT IT WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE. THERE'S SUPPOSE TO BE AN ADJACENT DOOR TO LOOK. NOTHING MOVES OR HAPPENS. I'VE CLICKED ON EVERYTHING IN THE ROOM
E-MAIL ME [removed by moderator]

Edited on 02/04/2010 at 2:30:43 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 1, 10 7:14 PM
I thought I was stuck there too then found a walkthrough on gamezebo tips and tricks.

SPOILER so just drag your mouse over next lines I'm whiting out to read it.

The other door is behind that big cabinet. You may have hovered and saw where he says it's drafty here. You grab lighter from inventory and hold it down there next to the cabinet near the floor I think, and the cabinet moves over to the right so the door is exposed. Then I think you use screwdriver to work on the lock 3 times.

Good Luck

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 1, 10 7:20 PM
My slow mo seemed to come back later in game like in Chase2 game. It's where I got to the night scene with rain coming down. I managed to get that scene done with wobbly reg pointer and waiting waiting for moving things but got thru it and back to normal speed. Then slow on the puzzles when he is hiding in bushes, moved so slow I had to skip it. There are just some animations that my graphics card on laptop just doesn't like. I did get dialog text at normal but later slowed down, but clicking it I move on. Just had a Java update and Adobe but nothing's changed. At least it ran better than the sequel.

Finished the game and despite these hitches I did enjoy it.

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Feb 4, 10 1:02 PM
I liked this games - graphics, music, voices. But it was really short (I bought it as a daily deal fortunately). And personally I do not like open ending....

bfgCelebes
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 4, 10 2:34 PM
Hi bubbles1955,

For your protection, I've gone ahead and removed the e-mail address from your post for your protection. Please keep in mind that everything that you post here is public, as is posted in our forum FAQs, so even people who do not belong to our site can see what is posted on our forums.

We do have a wonderful private message system in place that doesn't require you to provide any personal information. Just click on the PM button on a post to send a private message to that user. Whenever you have a new message, you'll see your number of unread messages show up on the right, next to "My Messages."

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by juliebelt1313 on Feb 6, 10 8:33 AM
Nagasse wrote:This game is ok, a bit slow on the newpaper like clicks to move on. Also, a bit slow in general, the skip button has to load and why does it hide your hin hey how do you past the sudoko puzzle-i did the puzzle cant find hidden door-pls help

[Post New]by juliebelt1313 on Feb 6, 10 9:24 AM
please help need to know how to get the hidden door-did the soduko puzzle but cant find hidden door please reply via email any one-plsease thank you julita

[Post New]by dragonlaady on Feb 11, 10 4:43 AM
This is my first post and I feel sort of stupid because I'm stuck in the in an area that everyone else seems to have already passed. I've downloaded this game on my iPod. How do I get the pieces to move around and assemble the analyzer in the correct order? I've found them all and they appear at the bottom of my screen. I can press on one and it will appear to move but when I try to move it, it just disappears back to it's original line up. Help!

[Post New]by bearluvr64 on Feb 13, 10 9:23 PM
I am stuck in the room where you have to make a new permit. HELP...I am not sure what to do. I can open the drawer but nothing happens and i can see where the letters are but cant do anything either.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Feb 16, 10 6:35 AM
I finished this game middle of last week and really enjoyed it. I found the comic book characters to be a perfect match for the story. A gritty detective out to solve a confounding mystery. Lots of fun. I'm almost finished with Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond and I love this one too. I sure hope there are more Nick Chase games on the way.

[Post New]by revgiff on Feb 16, 10 6:02 PM
Help!!!! I am stuck outside the Archive and can't figure out how to move the scissor lift, I can get it to move just a bit but it keeps rolling back, it's probably really simple but I just can't figure it out,

luv2cruz
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by luv2cruz on Feb 27, 10 7:00 PM
Anyone know how to get out of the hotel room? I've done the Sodoku and all I have is a lighter. I've been stuck here for days. H E L P ! ! ! !

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Jan 18, 11 8:00 AM
I have a friend and he has grandchildren and they're autistick, they love to play HOG and the Nick the Detective was the best for them, they loved it so much!
also they loved the REincarnations games, interesting, heh=)

Go to: