nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets: The Book of Oracles technical issues here only

[Post New]by nell50 on Jul 1, 12 4:25 PM
This game does not open for me, continuing flickering screen, uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still does not work. This is irritating as I bought without demoing as I loved the previous Flux games and had no problem with them.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 2, 12 2:02 AM
Hi nell50,

When a game fails to open for you, it is normally an indication that the computer is having a hard time running the game. This can happen with newer games as they often require the most up to date software to be installed.

So, the good news is some quick updates can help resolve this and the following help article will guide you through how to perform those updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jul 2, 12 12:30 PM
Having the early chapter 2 issue of disappearing ring. Clicking the circuit breaker just elicits the 'you need a part' message. Followed walkthrough, tried three different user names, uninstalled/reinstalled and still no joy.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 2, 12 5:33 PM
I to am having a problem with the game not filling my screen. I have black bars on the top and bottom....never had that before on any game.

I am on a regular PC running 32-bit Vista.

Update:
According to Big Fish, the black bars on the top/bottom of my screen are there because the Game's Developer, developed this game to be shown on a "Widescreen" monitor....My monitor is not capable of "widescreen", therefore black bars top/bottom.

Edited on 07/12/2012 at 12:29:53 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 3, 12 9:55 AM
Hi galotter,

Since uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what's going on. If this is a bigger glitch with the game, the information they can collect will really help pinpoint where it's coming from. You can read more about how to send them the details of the issue in the post we've created here.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 3, 12 9:56 AM
Hello jcsgame,

If you've set the "Fullscreen" option in the Main Menu, and also gone through the suggestions in the help article here, this hint from another user is the next thing I'd try:
firekat7 wrote:I had been having some of the same problems cited in other posts in this thread and here is what worked for me (I have Windows 7 32-bit):

Game not fitting on screen: I used the manual adjustment button on the monitor for moving the picture left or right. Worked perfectly and easily.

I hope these are helpful!

If that doesn't work for you, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, too. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/03/2012 at 9:56:43 AM PST

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Jul 3, 12 12:40 PM

Game not fitting on screen: I used the manual adjustment button on the monitor for moving the picture left or right. Worked perfectly and easily.

I hope these are helpful!

This solution only works if your image is "skewed" to the left or right of the screen. The problem that I have is the image being waaaaaaaaaaay off on both sides of my screen. The only way I've been able to play the game at all is by changing my resolution to 1600x900. I can live with that (since I pretty much have to live with it) but I hate having to change resolution to play a game and then changing it back again when I'm done. I really hope the developers consider a fix for this and the other problems that so many people have posted about.

lezl10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lezl10 on Jul 3, 12 1:54 PM
galotter wrote:Having the early chapter 2 issue of disappearing ring. Clicking the circuit breaker just elicits the 'you need a part' message. Followed walkthrough, tried three different user names, uninstalled/reinstalled and still no joy.

I am having the same problem. I tried all of the above and even tried to play it in the advanced and still no ring and the "need a part" message. Several players have contacted BFG with no response. Please address.

[Post New]by AMERICANESKI on Jul 3, 12 3:12 PM
So tell me Big Fish, you have all these SAME problems with this game from DIFFERENT people with DIFFERENT computers and you don't think its the game that is the problem?

I have worked with TECH support(?) A LOT over the past year. Sorry to say that they are NO HELP. I spent 3 weeks conversing with someone in Ireland on a game and finally was told that they had NO CLUE what the problem was and gave me a credit for a new game.

I've been told its my Keyboard, my Mouse, my Drivers, my Graphic Card, my Internet Connection, my Monitor, my Screen Resolution, my Compatability Mode, my User Profile, my Virus Protection Software, etc.

How about fixing the game and not continuing to tell people its THEIR computer.

Thank you for listening. I am done.
I used to love the service and games you provided. They worked and my computer was never a problem. Now it seems that all you care about is selling as many games as possible and letting us Small FIshes complain but you don't FIX THE PROBLEMS.

I always told friends and neighbors about how great Big Fish Games were. Now when I am asked I tell them to beware.

Thank you for listening, at least I hope there is someone out there listening.

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Jul 3, 12 4:14 PM
In my earlier post I said I had the flashing screen that required me to restart my pc.
I tried something different...instead of restarting, I put my pc in sleep mode. When I woke it up, the game was there at a very reduced size. I was able to create my profile, but when I went into options and selected the fullscreen mode the flashing started again, and I could not play the game.
I've bought several games in the past week and have not had one bit of trouble with any of them.
BF really needs to figure out the game's problems and fix them.

carkopp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by carkopp on Jul 4, 12 10:25 AM
Well, I've thought all along it was me with this danged game, but after finally going through this blog I know it's NOT. I am in total agreement with Americaneski! This game has so many glitches that I'm going to dump it and eat the money I spent on it! AND the next time I have trouble with a game during the hour trial, I will darn sure NOT buy the game until ALL of the reviews are in...I've been with BFG for more years than I can remember and it's true: Your ethic has changed from caring about the people to caring about the money (just like the rest of the world, I guess). No more of it for me.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Jul 4, 12 10:55 AM
I've not encountered most of the problems stated here, but during the demo could not do 2 puzzles............one being the clock, when I tired to click on the symbols to move the clock hands..............nothing happened.........even tried to move the clock hands........nothing, so had to wait for the skip line to fill so I could go on. I can't for the life of me remember the 2nd one that didn't work either...............really like the Flux series...have all but this one and until I see a fix..............guess that will be all I have in the series.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYBODY!!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jul 4, 12 1:11 PM
O.K...believe me I 'have' read every post both BFG and gamers here...and for those that got the game with no problems...enjoy!
I have the first two 'family flux' games...so I ventured into the purchase of last...well I demo it first...or I thought I would!...NOPE!
Very first time got an error window that had "check hardware accelaration'...WHAT?...i JUST GOT THIS PUTER BACK AFTER FIVE DAYS AT THE 'DOC FIX' OFFICE!...and believe me have been in constant contact with the GREAT C/S team member for a few months now...been doing most all suggested with exception of major changes that may effect my 'warranty'...SO ... that said...I checked out this error incident and all is 'well' on that side in my puter...needless to say I did not even get past that to 'demo' game....and with all will just say 'one down' and sure am wishing some of the 'great games' would be fixed (if needed)...O.K...."THATS ALL I AM GOING TO SAY ABOUT THAT"...Hope this is not considered a 'vent' as its been awhile and years of purchasing games, so a true concern....IMO

[Post New]by sashabari on Jul 4, 12 2:45 PM
I am having issues with the game freezing up on me as well, especially if I am installing another game while playing Flux. This is the only game I have had an issue with this happening. Also like the game will freeze at a certain poing, and then if I do ctrl+alt+del and view task mananger it will say responding, then if I click the game to go back to the game it will say not responding. I have had this happen about a total of 6-7 times, mostly in chapters 2-3. Its getting frustrating, but I'm trying not to give up on the game, being that I love the Flux series and own the previous two games. I have tried all the suggestions in the forum, from re-installing to changing screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!

[Post New]by jacqjeff on Jul 4, 12 10:00 PM
OK Big Fish, it's time for a patch!! I'm having the same problems as everyone else, have tried the same "solutions" many, many times and the game still does not work! I loved the 1st 2 installments of the series so purchased #3 without trying it out first. Big mistake! I'm getting tired of paying for buggy, horribly programmed games that have to be patched! What's the deal? FIX THIS GAME!

Ann070558
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ann070558 on Jul 4, 12 10:43 PM
Add me to the long list of customers having problems
with the screen resolution! Is there going to be a fix?
How is it so many have the problem and there is not
a thing but silence from BFG?

Edited on 07/04/2012 at 10:44:12 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 5, 12 3:02 AM
Hi Fishies!

It seems like a lot of you are having technical issues with this game.

If the advice that has been suggested already doesn't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. For those of you have already done this, thank you!

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system and also, help us gather information on what may be causing the trouble.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Edges of game off my monitor

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jul 5, 12 4:33 AM
The game did not fit onto my monitor, I had the same problems as a lot of other posters on here. I cancelled my subscription after the new Game Manager fiasco and recently restarted it. Nothing has changed though, Bigfish still takes ages to correct errors and always blame our computers. Well everything is up to date on my pc and I still had problems with the game.

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Jul 5, 12 4:43 AM
I'm having trouble with this game too. I only grabbed it because of all the good reviews it had as I could not get into the previous games.

Firstly the game crashes when I try to get back to my desktop to check the walk through. Not a huge deal as the game is easy enough, I was just looking for a flux secret thingy that I seem to have picked up but did not register. So as long as I don't want to check a walk through every few minutes I'm ok.
The game is terribly slow though and clicks take a while to actually register. But this again I can live with as it makes the game longer than it normally would.

The problem I've come up against is in chapter 6 where you need to take the cloth off the bird cage. I took the cloth off, the small window appeared and I took something off the bird swing in the cage. Thought everything was ok but it seems that I've picked everything up in all rooms currently open to me and all the hint button says is to "take the cloth off the bird cage" which I've already done. There is nothing more to click around the cage since I already have what was inside it and I cannot use anything in my inventory to continue on with the game. So I think I'm stuck, I'm guessing it is a glitch as people have mentioned that things have gone missing, while I'm not sure I'm missing what was inside the the cage (hmm checked the walk though and I should have an hour glass bird, so no, I don't have that piece). So I've picked something up but the game did not register that I'd picked it up.

Going on what other people have said about the game, it's a matter of waiting on a patch or something. Bit slow going as the game has been out quite a few days now.

Anyhoos, thought I'd bring this to the attention of the developers.

Thanks.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

solution for flickering screen

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Jul 5, 12 7:54 AM
hi,
I had the same problem as computer screen flickering and to the side. I changed the magnification back to 100 on my computer moniter and then rebooted. After the reboot the game played fine.

Whatever you change just try rebooting after so the settings take effect. A smalll thing, but it worked for me. I'm running win7.

hope this helps someone. I love this series too.

Go to: