Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Reviews for Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 5, 13 4:56 PM
I completed the demo and right from the beginning, the game was Mac friendly, all the way. No glitches or delays anywhere, and I've noticed that the game has been updated and redone. It works, it's smooth, it has no problems.

Except that it's all dark HOs and very simple little problems and puzzles. Pop a balloon, put a hat on a clown, put tape on a torn picture. The "collectibles" are indicated very blatantly by a hovering hand just screaming that you can pick something up. No challenge at all. And that's the good stuff.

There's a terrible map, a deficient journal, no other fancy stuff at all. It's also the simplest game I've ever played - why would anyone need a walkthrough? Just go back to scenes you've already played and everything is laid out for you. Yes, the hint system is a pain, but you really don't need it. The only difficult thing I found was that the hidden objects were easy to see but hard to click on, with a lot of pixel hunting e.g. you had to click on a certain part of the object.

My other gripe, and it's a biggie, is the poor spelling and proofreading during the game. We looked for a whithered balloon, and got something from a four-armed men (there was only one four-armed man.)

Not a buy for me.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jul 8, 13 4:51 AM
What a fun game. There are 6 chapters to do and each chapter is self contained. There are 26 cards to find and if you move on to the next chapter there is no way to go back and get any cards that you missed. I found 25.

There is a map and it really wasn't needed. Journal was missing pieces that you found and seemed incomplete. Story was quite good and so was the music. Hint button was useful in the HO scenes and not much good if you needed a hint on what to do next. Fortunately when I got stuck the answer was in the forums.

I recommend this game if you want to play a nice and relaxing game.

sunshinej

minidoll10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by minidoll10 on Oct 5, 13 12:15 PM
Amazing game! best I have played in a long time! you have to give it a chance!

Go to: