nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Wishes Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Jul 14, 12 9:09 PM
Elephant Games have quickly become my favorite devs. This game was so much fun; I enjoyed (nearly) everything about it. However, I do have just a couple of maybe "nitpicky" comments. First of all, I found a couple of grammatical errors which kind of surprised me. Then there's the minigames. I almost never skip puzzles; I love them. This time, I had to skip several because either they didn't seem to work right or I couldn't figure out how to play them (maybe I'm becoming more stupid or something). Anyway, the glow bugs and the lizard made no sense whatsoever because the lizard never made any moves or anything; just sat there. I made it through, but really didn't have a clue as to what I was trying to do. Then the flowers puzzle. I knew what needed to be done; but never could get that one even close to completion. And, of course, the soccer game. I did finish the first two levels, but could not for the life of me finish the third. The picture on the SG didn't match what I had to work with. Like I said, these were small issues and does not change my overall high regard for Elephant Games.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 15, 12 1:51 PM
Thank you nightkat1 for your comments regarding the puzzles. I just mentioned that very same thing in the comments section. I also could not figure out, not only in the same ones you mentioned, but others as well, what to do or even if I understood what to do, they made no sense. Thanks for making me realize I'm not as dumb as I thought!! I did overall like this game, loved the graphics, loved the cat, and wasn't even bothered by the HOS, which were a heck of alot easier than the puzzles!! It certainly is a LOOOOONG game and definitely worth the money.

feenix

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jul 15, 12 7:37 PM
Review after finishing the game: Absolutely one of the best games I've played.

Graphics are beautiful (except for the characters who look a little "cut-out"). The H0 scenes are actually fun with the interaction and are not too cluttered. Some of the puzzles I found to be a bit daunting for me...I never could play Mine-Sweeper or arcade-type games! Most of the others I did manage to finish. There was a good mix of H0 scenes and puzzles in the game.

In this game we did need actual keys but not near as much as medallions - another new idea. There was a lot of back-and-forth - one of my favorite aspects of the games. The map is a really good one. If you don't want an actual hint, just look at the codes for where you are, where something need to be done, etc and don't click as that gives you a pop-up picture and tasks to complete. I didn't use the speakers except very briefly so I won't comment on voices or music. I used the strategy guide only once. Then when I saw what I should do, I had a "duh" moment as I immediately remembered what I needed to do!

The bonus chapter was also good. New areas but also revisiting other areas from the game - with some real changes!

One thing I really don't understand is why this game played so beautifully with no glitches whatsoever - no laggy cursor, no black screens, no slow moving from area to area, no error messages, but other shorter games with less (or no) animation, music, etc cause problems. I am certainly not complaining and this means I will probably buy any more games offered by this developer and I do have the first two.

Overall, I am really pleased I bought this CE. Thank you devs and BFG!!

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Jul 17, 12 7:06 AM
Guess I'm in the minority. I've found this to be a frustratingly difficult game with a number of totally illogical solutions to puzzles. I usually like Elephant Games - not this one.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 17, 12 9:11 PM
I could not find anything wrong with this game. I enjoyed every part of it and it did last a long time. Thanks BF

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jul 17, 12 9:55 PM
This was really well done. The HOS's were engaging. The story was nice. I'm glad I bought it. But I will say this ...I don't care if he is her brother-in-law, you remove my only point of egress while you cowardly toss out a demonic amulet and I am not sending you a Christmas card let alone providing you and yours with a happy ending. Just sayin.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 18, 12 7:43 AM
pubprof wrote:Great game with great graphics. Elephant Games does it right.

I love the map. It is one of the best I have seen.

I have the other two Grim Tales games and I must have this one to complete the series. The other two were very, very good, but I think this one surpasses them all.

Thank you BF for some great games this past week. You are breaking my checkbook but giving me hours of entertainment.
I have just finished the game and the bonus gameplay and I am so happy I bought the CE. The bonus play is well worth it. The whole game is over the top. If only we had more games like this. Of course, I would be in the poor house, but what a way to go!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jul 18, 12 4:25 PM
What a great game! It took me almost two days to finish on advanced mode. I love the map, which tells u what your tasks are in each place (I usually forget if there are too many) and lets u jump to that scene. HOS got a bit monotonous after a while but they were fairly easy. Good puzzles and plenty of stuff to do.

yaeltje
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by yaeltje on Jul 19, 12 6:44 AM
Loved the game but why is everybody speaking so slowly??
It really irritated me.

[Post New]by Kittyluvr22 on Jul 19, 12 8:28 PM
I love this game, but my comment is atually a reply to cbtx's remark about the kitten. When I played his, my own kitten was asleep on the desktop in front of the keyboard. It took me several minutes to realize that the purring I heard was NOT my own little angel (?) Very realistic, and a really nice touch.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Jul 20, 12 7:56 PM
Kittyluvr22 wrote:I love this game, but my comment is atually a reply to cbtx's remark about the kitten. When I played his, my own kitten was asleep on the desktop in front of the keyboard. It took me several minutes to realize that the purring I heard was NOT my own little angel (?) Very realistic, and a really nice touch.

i haven't played yet...i'm downloading now...i had to comment on your last sentence because i laughed out loud about not knowing the difference in who was purring...i love cats too

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jul 21, 12 1:31 AM
Annie1115 wrote: But I will say this ...I don't care if he is her brother-in-law, you remove my only point of egress while you cowardly toss out a demonic amulet and I am not sending you a Christmas card let alone providing you and yours with a happy ending. Just sayin.

I really didn't understand that part. Why would Gray turn on me after all I've done for his sorry, former werewolf self? Maybe he just accidentally knocked it down?

And, not to mention bringing him back from the dead and all. The guy seems to lack the appropriate gratitude.

Seriously though, I didn't care for the bonus game. I kind of wish I had waited for the SE and not played the bonus. It was a downer.

But, the main game was quite nice. There were several places where I had to ask for a hint, since some of the things to do "next" didn't make sense. And, if I had to come up with a complaint, I guess the hints could've been "hintier" and less "do this now-ier".

But, overall a good game.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 21, 12 12:28 PM
this one is a keeper. has the best graphics i have seen in a while...love the kitten in the first hos. lots to do here, collecting odd little pieces as keys to open things, good puzzles, some of them pretty difficult, which is nice, but also easily skipped. great hint system, and the map is wonderful, with reminders of objectives. i quite liked the young boy's v/o, his dad's not so much. b/g music okay, can be turned down. at times a bit overwhelming with all the collectibles, which is where the map is invaluable, saves a lot of shoe leather! not liking the pop up boxes too much, esp the one that asks if i want to turn off the special effects...and the puppet is rather childish, but since it's a child who needs help, i guess it flies. i think it's worth the ce price, and recommend you try it for yourself and see what you think. happy swimming! thanks and devs! chillin in the desert....

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Jul 24, 12 2:40 PM
I much preferred The Bride and The Legacy. I didn't find things very logical in this one. And it got pretty repetitive with the medallions. I also could not stand the puppet, I found him irritating.

Unlike the other two I couldn't wait for this one to be over.

[Post New]by laghostgirl on Jul 25, 12 7:41 AM
WOW!! Another great chapter in the Gray Family story. This was a great game. The puzzles were very challenging and the story line was interesting. I did think that the bonus chapter seemed like an afterthought. Almost like they (the devs) were saying, Oh no we need a bonus chapter for the collectors edition, lets whip one up. I know that these games are not easy to create and I'm not saying it was as beautiful as the main game, but it was quick and easy. Not sure worth the extra money.
Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 27, 12 8:10 PM
Excellent game of course---its by Elephant Games!! Highly recommend any game made by them!!!! Well worth the CE price!

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 29, 12 5:46 PM
I think this is one of the best games ever by Elephant Games. I just finished the game and cannot recommend this game enough - absolutely worth the CE price. I played in hardcore mode and it took me hours and hours to finish - some of those mini-games were remarkably difficult, but personally I love that. WONDERFUL job by the dev & design team!

avueik
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by avueik on Jul 29, 12 6:33 PM
Loved the game/demo. Can't wait until it comes out in SE.

flgrouper
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by flgrouper on Jul 31, 12 12:40 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I loved the map because you can just click on where you want to go and it takes you there. The graphics were great, sound was great and the story was great. I bought it finished it and played the bonus game. Koto's to the team!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 3, 12 12:19 PM
Wow I found this a really long game and I havent even attempted the bonus yet, brought this over a week ago and seemed to play it for hours, have been watching the Olympics this week but have been playing for over 2 hours tonight and finished the main game, loved it as I iknew I would love elephant games.

Thanks Devs and BF

Go to: