Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Comments for Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 20, 12 3:33 AM
Hi Sept24

Could it be possible that you somehow started the demo accidentally and then weren't around? I've done this before; pressed play, got called away and then the hour was up. Also, if you have a touchscreen even the smallest fly landing on it can activate your game. It's happened to me lots of times.

If the above doesn't apply, I'd get in touch with Customer Services.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Re:Comments for Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jul 20, 12 10:21 AM
played all the "Echoes of the Past" games and loved them all. This one is no exception. Very good. Only small problem with the 2 types of puzzles that kept repeating.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jul 20, 12 10:55 AM
Thanks for suggestions Tiger but I downloaded the game when it was new on BF site by about 1/2 hour and watched it come up trial over. I was so happy to see a new Echoes game as this is the series that helped hook me on these games in the first place. Normally I would not buy a game much less a CE without a trial.but really trusted I would like another Echoes game. Just hope it was a fluke and won't happen any more. Still interested in hearing about anyone else having this problem tho.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 20, 12 1:59 PM
Other than the inventory bar at the top (I can't seem to remember it's there!!) there isn't anything I don't like about this game. The graphics are beautiful and clear. The puzzles are different from the usual ones found in ho games, and the story line is good. I'm really glad that I bought the CE! It appears to be a long game or at least it seemed long to me and I'm just starting the Bonus game. I did rather miss the map but not enough to complain about it. An excellent addition to a trilogy from this Dev. Thank you!

jewel64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jewel64 on Jul 20, 12 4:42 PM
As a Big Fish member for several years....I am fast becoming very tired of the amount of "Hidden object games" that are being offered sooooo very often in a weekly period.
More variety please.

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Jul 20, 12 11:30 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there ingridjp,
I suspect you can't use the pestle until you have added all 3 plant ingredients. It does take some time in the game to find them all.
Keep searching.
Cheers

Thanks, DragonLadyOz...You are right...I didn't have the last plant added...Thanks!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 20, 12 11:48 PM
ingridjp wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there ingridjp,
I suspect you can't use the pestle until you have added all 3 plant ingredients. It does take some time in the game to find them all.
Keep searching.
Cheers

Thanks, DragonLadyOz...You are right...I didn't have the last plant added...Thanks!

You're very welcome. Enjoy the rest of the game.
Cheers

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 22, 12 12:48 PM
Very nice well done game. Good story, graphics, and long game to boot.
Bonus game very nice too.
Good HOScenes, some puzzles easy others make you want to skip.
personally, I lookforward to games from this developer as they are higher quality, and never boring.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 15, 12 9:59 AM
Well I finally finished this game (I had a lot of other games to get thru first) and it was definitely worth it, even the bonus was a good length. Could have used a bit more variety in the mini games, they seemed to use the same ones over and over, but at least they were good ones. Maybe I am spoiled but I wish they had bonus items or morphing things to find, even achievements would be nice, I think they should be standard features of any CE game. Hope this finishes this series, I am ready to move on! Now it is time to proceed to the Agency of Anomalies and see what trouble I can get into there.....

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Sep 15, 12 5:57 PM
I did like this game, but the annoying boxes with the lights really ticked me off. What was the point of them? I skipped them all. Pity the skip didnt recharge as fast as the hint.

Go to: