jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by jill165x on Jul 22, 12 8:08 PM
gingergal wrote:List of people who have problems with hidden object scenes in bonus -

You can add me to the list. I also closed the bonus game and came back to it. I'm nearly finished. I need the HOS for the clown hat, and it isn't triggering.

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by stickykeef on Jul 23, 12 1:51 AM
gingergal wrote:
It seems to be if you exit the game during the bonus you have problems. And if you don't you are OK?

Thanks for the list, [b]gingergal
And I'll write about my situation.

I didn't exit.
I usually do other things before doing the HO and I probably done the same.

So I was assuming that you have to play orderly as Dev expected. This time, you have to do HO when you see it for the first time. If you open the other close up windows or exit the game when HO is activating, it'll be gone because already has been triggered.

I was hoping the Dev was already working on this problem. But since we are not hearing anything good from them, I guess not...

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 23, 12 3:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see that some of you are having trouble with the bonus content in this game.

We are investigating this issue currently and it would be most helpful if those of you that have come across this issue could run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team - that would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jul 23, 12 11:46 AM
Hello dear fishies, add my to your list. Also can not find the HOS for the walking stick. I want not to play this game from the beginning. A very unhappy fishie.

lost the garden shears in the bonus game

[Post New]by canadianyay on Jul 23, 12 3:48 PM
I couldn't get the shears to cut the valerian, but they did cut the other plant. Then they disappeared! So now I can't finish the potion for the meat. I don't want to play the first part over to get to the bonus and try again. Is there any way to fix this. I don't see others having this problem.

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Jul 23, 12 8:56 PM
canadianyay wrote:I couldn't get the shears to cut the valerian, but they did cut the other plant. Then they disappeared! So now I can't finish the potion for the meat. I don't want to play the first part over to get to the bonus and try again. Is there any way to fix this. I don't see others having this problem.

You need to dig up the valerian with the spade (from a HOS). The shears are only for the hellebore.

bobo144
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bobo144 on Jul 24, 12 12:59 AM
You can add me to that list as well. I took a break while playing the bonus section and then came back and didn't get the knife, yellow reed in the hidden object section so I couldn't complete the purple and yellow puzzles. Very frustrating to not be able to finish the game and I really don't want to have to play the whole thing again. Bummer!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jul 24, 12 2:10 AM
I am also having a problem in the bonus game. I played a hidden object scene and was given a strange looking typewriter key and I went to install it where it goes and I have no inventory because the inventory won't drop down. I am almost finished completely and it is so frustrating as I certainly don't want to start all over at this point but hate not finishing the game. I took a chance when I purchased the game as I was not able to play a demo. I downloaded the demo and it said trial over. I have obviously really liked the previous Echoes game and bought the CE without a trial. Was fine with my purchase till now.

[Post New]by canadianyay on Jul 24, 12 7:19 AM
jill165x wrote:
canadianyay wrote:I couldn't get the shears to cut the valerian, but they did cut the other plant. Then they disappeared! So now I can't finish the potion for the meat. I don't want to play the first part over to get to the bonus and try again. Is there any way to fix this. I don't see others having this problem.

You need to dig up the valerian with the spade (from a HOS). The shears are only for the hellebore.

Thanks jill165x, you're right! But there is no HOS to be found in any room. So I'm still stuck. The hint key says there's no more to do in all of the rooms. Tried the strategy guide and looked for the cabinet for the HOS, but it does not activate. rats!

txpeach100
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by txpeach100 on Jul 24, 12 7:47 AM
Add me to the list of having problems during the bonus game. The HOG for getting the shovel disappeared after I quit the game and has not reappeared. Not even after a full uninstall/reinstall. Very frustrating to say the least!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 24, 12 10:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim in here and ask that those of you who are having trouble with the bonus section to please send in a Dr. Felix Report to our Tech Support team.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by nannamom on Jul 24, 12 12:29 PM
lnorris101 wrote:
sw0p wrote:
Quailridge wrote:I tried to download using the latest OS version. All my apps are current and as with other Echoes of the Past games, all I get after download is "Time is running out, 60 minutes left to play" and the game will not open. I have un/reinstalled Game Manager, turned off Firewall and still nothing. One would think this error would have been fixed a long time ago. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get even the Trial version to run, would love to hear. I know that if the Trial Version won't run, don't buy it because the purchased version won't work either!

Sue.

I have the same issue as Sue.

I also have this same issue!

I also am having this same problem tried to get help but nothing yet

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 24, 12 2:13 PM
Hi nannamom,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing that along with other Fishies. It sounds like you may have already been in touch with our Tech Support team, but I encourage you to contact them if you haven't. They'll be able to look into that issue further. Letting them know what you've already tried is also very helpful for them to determine what's causing that.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Jul 25, 12 5:21 PM
Well, I guess you can add my name to the list too. I cleaned of the grave stone in the bonus game, I quit playing for the night, and today I can't get into the HO scene,open grave, to get the clock key. I don't want to play the whole game all over again.

[Post New]by elspethgjc on Jul 27, 12 6:20 AM
Well, I'm in real trouble. I got through the entire game without a hitch. Got probably 1/2 to 2/3 through the bonus content and my game froze up. When I restarted the game, my profile was completely gone. It said it was contaminated or something. I started over and got a good ways through and same thing happened. I deleted and downloaded and it keeps freezing up, losing my profile, etc. I have played the beginning of this game SO MANY TIMES. I only persevere because it is such an awesome game! And just now it keeps going to the well after I restart the game, even though that's not where I ended and the screen is black behing the well closeup. It will not let me close the square or do anything for that matter. I think the game is just not salvageable.....

allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by allynann on Jul 29, 12 2:34 AM
I am too having trouble with the clown hat. what happened? I went though the hos but never got the clown hat I need the nest to put the eggs in and give the clown hat to take the nest off the clown to put the eggs in. can anybody help me please or is it a glicth with the game.

simisola
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by simisola on Jul 29, 12 1:46 PM
Still no fix on the bonus game missing HO scenes? You can add my name to the list of people who left bonus game, came back, no red gem, no HO scene in cemetary. Really didn't like the game enough to play it all over again so soon and they really do need a fix for this! Have sent report a week ago and steps taken with no success. I hate leaving a game not finished! Should I keep checking here for a fix? Will there even be one? Not sure how this works. First time BFG's outstanding staff's advice hasn't fixed a problem for me. Cheers!

[Post New]by moosa3 on Jul 29, 12 3:08 PM
OK - I know alot of other people out there are having the same problem with the bonus game. The HOS scene for the walking stick is not there. Heard ways to get around it but all require starting the WHOLE game over. Is there a way to start just the bonus over or are you going to issue an update that will correct this. Do not expect this from a CE version. I pay the $ I want it to work without having to start all over. Not happy.

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Jul 30, 12 8:39 AM
I have had the same issue with "unable to initialize" on the last three CEs from Orneon - The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage Collector's Edition, Secrets of the Dark: Eclipse Mountain Collector's Edition, and Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch Collector's Edition. Orneon says they are working on it and to watch the forums, but I have not seen any new releases yet. As the others, I could play the SE.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Aug 3, 12 3:36 PM
I have no skip function in the minigames. I think they were there in the beginning, but the skip function has vanished. And I need it because the walkthrough was incorrect in a boardgame minigame, in chapter 5 or 6 I think.

Go to: