Re:Comments for Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 23, 12 2:48 PM
I just finished the bonus game, and I can't think of enough superlatives to describe this game. Beautiful graphics, interative map, great story line, but if you don't like bugs it could be a problem I don't have a problem with bugs in a game, just in real life! Thank you to BF for bringing us this wonderful game. Kudos to the developers, who should be very proud of their achievement. I'm just sorry I finished, but I just had to keep going to see what would happen.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Jul 23, 12 8:36 PM
The giant bugs did bother me a bit and I had to close my eyes a few times, but I still loved the game. At least they weren't spiders!

Edited on 07/23/2012 at 11:57:19 PM PST

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jul 24, 12 8:22 AM
I like this one! Normally, I don't care about sci-fi, not to keen on games containing too many 'technical' elements, but this game is so well done I can't let it go!
And I just love the map which lets you jump from place to place - saves me brain-power to try to remember which way to go.....
Other devs, please put interactive maps in your games, if at all possible!

Edited on 07/24/2012 at 8:23:37 AM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 24, 12 8:58 PM
Oh crap, I was not going to buy another CE so soon after the last one. Then I started the demo on Eternal Journey. Crap. This isn't a fantasy about Atlantis. This is a Sci-Fi about MARS!!!! How could I not buy it!?!?? And I hadn't even read any reviews!

Well, now I own it so I can play the whole thing. See you later - going back to Mars.

Celticcoco

[Post New]by thumpertail on Jul 24, 12 10:22 PM
this is got to be one of the coolest games in a collector edition so far out of all the hidden games out ,by far try it lisa

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jul 25, 12 4:12 PM
At first when I started playing the demo..I thought oh boy this is meant for boys , but the more I played the more I wanted to play. ..then when I came upon the cat, I knew I had to save her. ..I got to make the vaccine for her or him and then I was so happy that I could give it, and then the trial period ended.. ..this is going on my list to buy down the road...by looking at the map it will be quite an adventure...Thanks and the dev's...

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Great Game ... Something different for a change!

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jul 25, 12 4:46 PM
Finally! A game that doesn't take place in a haunted house. The CE is worth the money. It was a long game and I never got bored. There wasn't a massive amount of HOG scenes and the puzzles were different and fit the storyline. The map is a great feature in a game with so many destinations.

It the game had one negative, it would be that the hint button was too close to the map and strategy guide so I would inadvertently click the hint button when aiming for the map. With that said,I would still give this game 5 stars.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Jul 25, 12 5:36 PM
A most excellent game!! Great storyline, graphics, puzzles,and very long Bonus game.
i hope there are more sci-fi themed games like this coming-bonus game leaves room open for a sequel!!
Thanks **** , and BFGames for this one!!!!

[Post New]by roelanikadmon on Jul 25, 12 8:29 PM
I seriously loved this game, I really did; we don't get a whole lot of SciFi-themed hidden object games, so I can't really complain, and the production values on this--graphics, scenes, interactivity, plot, the whole shebang--were top of the line...

BUT--no, but seriously, you heard that 'but' coming, right?--sweet heavens, am I the only one to be totally flabbergasted by just HOW MUCH this game 'borrows' from the common pool of modern SciFi mythos? I mean, there are bits in this that smell so much of Stargate they might as well have been copypasted from the original visual design elements of both the movie and the show.

And I sensed a few Alien/Predator (Predator only really in the bonus chapter, but when you see it, trust me, you'll -recognize- it, it's hardly a subtle visual effect) moments too...

Now, honestly, this was all fine and dandy to me, because, hey, added value of some of my favourite franchises in random game, it's all cool to me... I just feel a bit like... Meh, I dunno. It felt a bit easy, or cheesy, or honestly just plain lazy, to borrow this heavily (and I mean, I'm not even kidding here, the Stargate comparison isn't even a stretch, it stinks of design plagiarism, at times) from some visual SciFi elements that are, in my mind, neither old enough nor mainstream enough to be part of the accepted 'commonwealth' of stuff you can freely snag for yourself (for example, elves, wizards and gnomes/trolls/orcs/dwarves in fantasy games).

The game itself is, again, great. A+. I just feel like part of it has that definite 'fanwork' or derivative vibe, and I'm fairly sure neither Studio Canal + (if they even still own the rights to the Stargate franchise, I don't know and I don't care to find out) nor Patrick Tatopoulos (the guy who did most of the design work which this game fairly blatantly copies, and that's a d*mned shame because his work on Stargate was SPECTACULAR) got paid any royalties for this.

... Just sayin'.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jul 26, 12 2:00 AM
Finished game and loved it.

More Sci-fi and futuristic games please!

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jul 26, 12 2:50 PM
HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!! Finally a Sci-Fi themed game. I agree with the fishies that commented on needing to find fuses and electrical tape in the 22nd century, but this is about as close as we've gotten to real sci-fi content in the "casual" game genre. It made me think of the old Rendevous With Rama game (based on the wonderful Arthur C. Clarke novel and to which it can't really be compared) which was truly mysterious and literally other-worldly. I miss those old games, even though I know I don't have the attention span I did then. Please, developers, make more use of this vast genre! Remember the old Mysterious Journey games, many of the imaginative Dreamcatcher games, not to mention the Myst series and Douglas Adams' Starship Titanic, that were set in fantasy worlds without a haunted house in sight? Think of all the material out there for ideas: Isaac Asimov, Clarke, Anne McCaffrey, Robert Jordan, Tad Williams, Jane Lindskold..... the list goes on and on.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 3, 12 7:10 PM
Awesome game!!! I was able to play without any technical issues. I loved the challenges, the directions were clear, and I loved the length of the game. I wasn't able to find all of the memory cards, but finished anyway. I love the sci-fi theme! Bring us more games like this one!!!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 4, 12 8:27 PM
This was an amazing game, which just goes to show what the developers are capable of when they try. Good length, and a fantastic bonus game as well! The map was very useful and the actual story was really interesting but not too technical for those of us who are challenged in that area. Hope the other game developers are taking notes - this is what it should be like! Worth every penny!!!

[Post New]by yoneco on Sep 2, 12 9:48 AM
more of a question, did anyone play the regular game and if so what's the main differences between the two?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 8, 12 5:32 AM
I bought this (no trial first) on the strength of the comments and reviews. I'm really enjoying it! I love sci-fi and this makes a welcome change from the usual IHOG subject matter.

Edited on 09/08/2012 at 5:33:43 AM PST

[Post New]by luckydiamond57 on Sep 14, 12 11:10 PM
this was one of the best games I have ever played. I hope they continue with another sci fi themed game. Thank you developers for listening and big fish for selling it.

nevarin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nevarin on Sep 20, 12 8:58 AM
I can’t help loving this game! The developers got everything right.
Thanks, guys, for making me a happy gamer!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Sep 26, 12 4:15 PM
This is one of the best adventure/hidden object games I've ever played. The story is engaging. The graphics are beautiful. The music is soft and pleasant. The game play is reasonable, the minigames are manageable and the game is long. Best of all is that the game is a good science fiction story and it is bright! bright! bright! not gloomy and dark .

I am glad I have the strategy guide because at times the hint was not helping me out at all. Most of the time the hint was very helpful but a couple of times it didn't help. I knew I was in the right room but I could not figure out what I was supposed to do there.

The other helpful thing in the game is the map. I really like that I am able to see where I have been, where I am supposed to go and then teleport there immediately.

This game is really well done. I guess that is why I play so many of this developer's games.

I guess you know already I rate this game out of 5. It will be hard to outshine this game.

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 4:43:02 PM PST

Go to: