Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Hints & Strategy on how TO KILL TOTALLY the OCTOPUS!!!

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 11, 09 5:01 PM

Congratz to those who finished the game!!!

But for me, after my first mistake, coz I battled the monster with 5 hours ending up with bad ending; now the second time, I want to beat it with the good ending...

These motivation, keeps me extra carefull as the game progress... thats why I dont want to enter inside Comet, not unless gone to Guardian Moon and fulfilled the necessary tasks there.

pava
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pava on Feb 11, 09 7:31 PM
Me too, Dom. I waited an extra four days until I found the secret to the last missing gem and modified the data file to fix the programming bug in my version 1.0 copy of the game. It was worth it, because I couldn't bear to feed my people to those mouths!

It is frustrating though, that the Purifed Tear of Heaven wasn't presented to me as a weapon until only the tiniest sliver of green was left in Scuzzbucket Squid's lifeline. I would have finished him off in the next five minutes anyway after hours of monotonous battle.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 11, 09 10:03 PM
Nice to be recognized, Pava...

I just finished the game... ending it with the best finale - killing the Octupus Alien Master just in 3 minutes coz:

a) I collected all the Gems (but even if you have only 439, the Guardiam Moon will appear)
b) Explored the world 90 percent.
c) Completed all 123 Quests (solving the light puzzle on Guardian Moon will also increase your population in every building.)
d) Prepare well my base: having several tower arrows, a couple of mud tower (to slow down the enemies), many cave of trials, many as you can shaman tents, and couple of witch doctor shant, and 3 Temples.
e) able to prepare all, including shattering the obelisks in order to remove the obelisks guarding the Octupus perimeter.
f) during the battle I able to put up also 2 towers near Octupus Lair.

Then in short time, defeated the Octupus , through the purified Tear of Heaven.

Edited on 02/11/2009 at 10:14:53 PM PST

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 11, 09 10:11 PM
When you mean short you mean less than a hour.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 11, 09 10:19 PM

To all those who shared their time, shared hints, and gave suggestion on how to play with less error and mistakes, in order to arrive into best ending...

To all of you guys.... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

pava
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by pava on Feb 12, 09 7:49 PM
439 gems = 100%? Hmmm. Dom, I think you must have version 1.02 or something. Even when I added more until I had 444 gems, I was still at 99%. Only when I added the extra gem to Volcano Island and replayed it from scratch, only then did the game finally acknowledge 100% of the gems and open Rainbow Road to the Guardian Moon.

Congratulations on such an unbelievably rapid defeat of Octo-monster! My Purified Tear of Heaven wasn't open to me until I had almost finished him off. Bravo to you!

And thanks to you, Cyber, for your many hours producing You Tube help. This game is so tough, the forums are getting too big to find anything. Your work should simplify things exponentially. Great job!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 12, 09 8:18 PM
Thanks. A few of those videos took a few retries because I thought I could do better. What is so funny is I messed up on the Shade on Volcano Island, but I was able to recover during the video. I said I was showing what people did to get defeated by the Shade. Actually, I goofed. LOL.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 12, 09 8:20 PM
Oh yeah, Pava. Most of us on this forum have version 1.02.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 12, 09 10:31 PM

Pava,

Yeap, I have the latest version. After BFG announced it, I downloaded the new version... It minimized my problems, like certain bugs... It is better to have that one than to hold on the old version.

Juniper
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Hints & Strategy on how TO KILL TOTALLY the OCTOPUS!!!

[Post New]by Juniper on Feb 19, 09 5:27 PM
Domz2009 wrote:I almost done it, after spending 4 hours, I was able to kill (as I suppose) the Master Octopus, but it reflenish his life at a half,
I just finished my second go around and the Octopus replenished itself, too, it was weird! It was nearly done for then all of a sudden the life bar started moving in the wrong direction - ended up about half way full. Major argh! I did manage to kill it, but that was so strange. At least it only happened just the once.

I replayed the game to get the happy ending, which I got (Yay!) but my gem stats at the end were weird - 437/440. Not sure how that's possible when I got 100%/Guardian Moon. I had checked the .dat files before finishing because I was stuck at 98%, but I got the ones I missed and got access to GM, so should be at 440.

I was a bit bummed that I ended up at 122/123 quests and only 74% of the world discovered. No idea what I missed. But it sure was fun! Thanks everybody for all the help.

Domz2009
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Domz2009 on Feb 24, 09 10:00 AM

Congratz, Juniper... for finishing the game.

Go to: