shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments for The World's Legends: Kashchey the Immortal

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 7, 12 8:00 PM
Anyone having issues with the "looping"... try running the game as administrator from the game folder (not the desktop shortcut). It worked for me...

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 7, 12 11:21 PM
Eh, I ran it from the GM, and had the looping problem. Maybe I will try running as admin...

I want it to run, because I got caught up in the lush visuals and the storyline.

I played on hardcore mode, and I liked that it had it available. The graphics are excellent and the art is absolutely gorgeous. The music had hiccups, though, and the loops are too short, though it was nice otherwise. Wish it had voiceovers throughout. The opening narration was really nice and well done. Storyline engaging. Liked that it had no click penalty. The HOS were interactive, but stuff was not overly hard to find, which I like. The puzzles were not too difficult, either.

I think this will be a really good game if it will just run right!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 8, 12 2:46 AM
Hi all,
Good News! A new version of this game is available this evening to "fix" the looping problem.
Someone has been "busy".
Cheers

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 8, 12 4:05 AM
Hi Fishies!

We have indeed been busy DragonLadyOz.

We are happy to announce a new verison of this game today:

UPDATE! New Version of The World`s Legends: Kashchey the Immortal Available today! 8th August 2012.

To ensure you have this new version of the game, all you need to do is uninstall and reinstall the game.

Thank you all for you patience with this.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

angua2001
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by angua2001 on Aug 8, 12 10:59 AM
Was so pleased to see a fix for the loop de loop problems we were all encountering and uninstalled my game and reinstalled it straight away, deleting the player profile still held and created a new player profile and off I went adventuring once more.

It has to be said, the game is beautiful and a has an interesting and refreshing story, which kept me interested to the end. Having said this, I am still not convinced it is now completely bug free as I suffered so many random crashes, runtime errors and game freezes as I progressed in the game. So my progress was more of a stutter than smooth sailing which did mar my enjoyment of the game.

I am satisfied my drivers and software is all up to date ( I ran a check on windows update and checked my drivers yesterday when I was somewhat loopy with all the shinanigans in game). In the 12 months I have been a memberof BFG I have only once encountered difficulties once with a game purchased, which was subsequently patched by the dev team. I never suffer game freezing or runtime errors playing fishy games. So I would urge the dev team to listen to it's customer base who are compalining of errors or game freezing and look at the product more closely please.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 8, 12 4:32 PM
I'm glad I waited a day to try this game, I had absolutely no problem in the 51 minutes I played before getting out to buy it.

I hate to sound like a broken record but I really hate to see such harsh "official" reviews for these games. I think this is definitely better than a lousy two stars. That's insulting to the developers that obviously spent a lot of time and talent on this.

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by CPLB on Aug 11, 12 12:44 AM
Well...did finish the game with no glitches, but the ending...???or was it - scene cut out maybe. Has anyone managed to get right through the game and work out the ending?

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 11, 12 7:24 AM
I also finished the game inbetween errors and crashes and then the game finished without warning and made no sense at all.It's like they got bored and just called it good and did not even say goodbye to us.

Go to: