Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Aug 25, 12 5:40 PM
Where is the stradegy guide that the game is supposed to have??

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by scarygame_lvr on Aug 25, 12 6:37 PM
in the bonus level there is a HOS in a set of crystals i found every one but 1 symbol and the owl is saying he cant help me and its not in the crystals so i cannot move forward in the bonus game... its in the blue crystal HOS part. The stradegy guide is not helping me either thx

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 25, 12 7:32 PM
In the hos, where you have to cut out the stuffed doll, or bear or whatever it is, the scissors disappeared, and so I am unable to continue. Still need to cut the hat, cut the tie on the bag, cut out the dress...but no scissors. I do believe this is a glitch that calls for a fix, as there hasn't been any prior indication that things needed to be done in a specific order, especially in the hos.

Barbika
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Barbika on Aug 25, 12 11:33 PM
I have a problem, too and I please for help. This game and only this of all Awakening games turns off my computer, showing a messege of "Runtime Error" just a second or two before my computer turns off.
Can anybody help me, please? Otherwise I can't play one of my favorite games

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 12 2:48 AM
Heya carol_griffith,

Problems with how the game is displayed on your monitor are often connected to a too old driver for your graphic card. You can find some easy steps on how to update your driver here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, you can always contact our Technical Support as bfgMonongahela mentioned. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Blueden
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Blueden on Aug 27, 12 2:20 AM
It's the first time I have problems with a BF game.
The vidio runs smoothly.
I got the little dragon, the flower and the bandage.
But in the first hos - the one with the unicorn - I can not pick up any of the items.
and I can not go on with the game.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 27, 12 4:01 AM
Heya Blueden, welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear that the game doesn't seem to be working for you.

In this case it might help to uninstall and reinstall the game on your computer. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If you still can't pick up anything afterwards I would recommend that you get in touch with our Technical Support. They'll be able to help you even better if you also attach a Dr. Felix report to your message.

I hope this is helpful and good luck!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by leggsw on Aug 27, 12 9:07 AM
I AM HAVING TROUBLE GOING FROM ONE SCENE TO ANOTHER OR USING INVENTORY ITEMS. THE REACTION TIME IS VERY SLOW. I UNSTALLED AND REINSTALLED THE GAME BUT IT STILL ACTS LIKE IS FREEZES AND THEN EVENTUALLY "KICKS" IN. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 27, 12 11:32 AM
Hi leggsw,

I'm sorry the game is moving so slowly for you!

First, it can definitely help to make sure your video card and graphics drivers are all up to date. We go over how to do that in the help article here.

Also, the file size for this game is pretty large, which means it will need more memory and resources to run at its best. Another thing you can try is uninstalling any other games you might still have on your computer. (You can always download them again from your Purchase History here on the website!!)

But if you try those suggestions and the game is still not playing well, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support. They can take a look at how the game is running on your computer and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by brncoram on Aug 27, 12 3:41 PM
The stuffed bear. After I cut the pattern the scissors disappear. It is under the cut out for the teddy bear but can't get at it. I have exited and come back in and I have done a hint but no scissors. I have gone to other areas and come back but still no scissors. Love the game but this messes up my plan of doing the games with no hints.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Aug 27, 12 5:38 PM
brncoram - I thought the scissors also disappeared but there are a couple other things you have to do and then you get the scissors back and complete cutting out the dress.

[b]DEVELOPERS I have been a huge fan of Awakening - but this game was released too early and needs to be readdressed! There are at least two areas where word directions are messed up. It refreshes very slowly - and I have changed drivers, etc. it's the game and transition times. You can click on items and they don't always respond to the clicks! The directions for putting the item together using the tool kit is incorrect and you need to go to the SG to find this out. Things are slow to react or don't react. I can't understand how the unicorn can be in two places at the same time. There needs to be better directions on playing some of the games. The charcoal in the one mini-task with the paper was extremely difficult as it didn't respond and you'd go back and try again and then it would respond. I am currently at level 3 and I can't tell you the number of mini-games I have had to skip even with the hint and strategy guide. Who ever thought of not putting a direct connection within the game to the SG I'm not happy with you! Going out to the menu finding the SG and coming back wastes the enjoyment of the game. The SG pictures are also a bit hazy and often to small to see what you are looking at. Right now I am so frustrated with the game and the slow pace that all enjoyment for the game has been lost and I simply want to get to the end. This was not the case with the other games in the series. Moonfell Woods I was glued to my seat the whole time!

Edited to say I am using a PC w/Vista updates.

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 11:04:37 AM PST

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Aug 27, 12 9:12 PM
I'm having trouble with the HO scene with the dress to cut out, too. The scissors don't disappear for me, but when I try to outline the dress pattern with chalk, the game simply will not recognize it. I've done it perfectly, right on the dotted line, but still, nothing. I've done it dozens of times now, and I don't want to do it anymore; I just want to move on with the game. I started a separate thread about this to see if I was doing something wrong and if others had had this problem, but I didn't get any response. I'm thinking this must be a technical problem, because I don't see what I could possibly be doing wrong, here. It's very frustrating.

[Post New]by wrongkey on Aug 27, 12 9:34 PM
Yes it's a slow download to be sure. My problem is that in the HOS before the enginarium, I am not able to get the crowbar or hammer and nails to do anything. I can pick them up and move them around but that's it.
What the heck?

gemkate
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by gemkate on Aug 27, 12 11:12 PM
I am playing on a Mac with Mountain Lion on and the game doesn't have any sounds I tried adjusting the controls but nothing worked.

[Post New]by Shecat01 on Aug 28, 12 12:10 AM
Hi,
I have had the issue with the scissors but eventually kept clicking on the area I thought they were and they turned up.

Now I'm in the navigators cabin and I am having the same issue with a knife. I picked it up but it disappeared behind the navigator and I cannot pick it up even though the hints says it's there. I cannot go further until this issue is fixed.

I have really enjoyed this series and have been having fun with this game but... I agree with earlier post, some trouble shooting and testing not completed. I'm nearly at the last chapter and I don't want to have to go through it again just to have the same issues. I'm very frustrated by this.

Developers: Please help with updates ASAP and let us know when they are fixed!

PS I'm playing on Mac Mountain Lion.

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 12:10:55 AM PST

juniper76
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by juniper76 on Aug 28, 12 3:40 AM
I'm having a different problem to everyone else. When I play the game, my computer randomly turns off and won't turn back on for at least a minute (during that time if I press the power button nothing happens). It never happened before I installed and played the game and doesn't happen when I am using any other BFG game or other software, only during this game.

I'd appreciate some suggestions if you have them?

I'm running windows 7 64-bit on a laptop.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 12 3:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you are having trouble collecting items, please trying clicking around the items you need, as it seems like a few of the hotspots are a little off.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game could also help as this will ensure that your game is installed correctly and consequently, that it will perform as it should.

If you are still having trouble though, please do get in touch with Tech Support so that we can investigate this for you and also track these issues.

For Mac issues, please see the following article here or for dedicated Support, please click here!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 3:47:46 AM PST

[Post New]by USERSHANKS on Aug 28, 12 9:30 AM
I agree with the Scissors. I also had to start the game 3 times in the beginning on the first scene when finding everything to go into the first aid box. If you didn't put the tape / scissors / belt in correctly, it would go behind the box. I couldn't get any of the items from behind the box so I just started over. Now I am further along, and the scissors are behind the dress / bear and I can't get them out.

bunny796
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bunny796 on Aug 28, 12 1:58 PM
Not used to posting so hope I am in the right place. I have many, many games. I have never had one that I could not advance in. The HOS where you need charcoal for the paper is not working. I have the paper but clicking on the satchel for the charcoal? Gets me nowhere. Hint just tells me I need charcoal! I am ready to delete and forget it but for $13.99 I am being persistent and want to know if you can give me any ideas.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 28, 12 6:09 PM
bunny796 wrote:Not used to posting so hope I am in the right place. I have many, many games. I have never had one that I could not advance in. The HOS where you need charcoal for the paper is not working. I have the paper but clicking on the satchel for the charcoal? Gets me nowhere. Hint just tells me I need charcoal! I am ready to delete and forget it but for $13.99 I am being persistent and want to know if you can give me any ideas.

I am having this same problem. Charcoal not in satchel. Hint keeps telling me I need the charcoal. Also it has frozen in different parts of the game and I had to go out and come back in in order to fix it. This time going out and coming back in is not producing the charcoal. Also there is a very long wait on a black screen when the game first opens up.

Go to: