Mandragora

Re:Mandragora

[Post New]by mannak81 on Feb 9, 09 7:25 PM
silvermist wrote:
eleanor1183 wrote:Yet another example of the obsession with TIMERS destroying what might have been an enjoyable little game.

Are they NEVER going to get it???

I LOVED this game....for 19 minutes....then just gave up. I won every level til the larger box, and then I thought I would get to do the designing level....gardening level ....but NO....you need to PLAY THE WHOLE GAME IN TIMED MODE BEFORE YOU GET TO ENJOY YOURSELF DESIGNING BEAUTIFUL TREES!!!!!

Sorry developers...AS MUCH AS i WOULD HAVE LOVED THE RELAXED PORTION OF THIS GAME, I'M NOT WILLING TO STRESS MYSELF OUT TO GET THERE

PhyllisElaine
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by PhyllisElaine on Feb 10, 09 9:57 AM
I played it through the Demo period. Like many people here, I found it boring. It wasn't so much a challenge as there was no challenge. With the constant distraction of having to water the trees, and beat off the bugs and bad weather, I had little time to develop new trees. It didn't intrigue me at all.

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Feb 10, 09 8:12 PM
Well, I, for one, really like this game. I love the lovely graphics, the pretty music, and trying to create different trees. All games do not have to be alike to be enjoyable.

You do NOT have to play the whole game before you get to make your own garden. I bought the game. I am fascinated with it so far. I am on the second section, the lake section. After you do the big level, you go to the lake second with more levels. I only did maybe 2 levels of the lake section and they unlocked the garden that you can make. You can access it from the main screen. In your garden, you can still create trees, but you don't have to water them anymore! And you can take nice snapshots of your garden to save. You can make your own garden at any of the level scenes you have visited. You get multiple gardens, I think. I have made 2 so far. You still have a place to keep your seeds, too.

I really don't think some of you gave this game a chance. I usually play the whole demo before I decide if I like a game, unless I really hate it. Of course, not everyone will like it, though. I just thought I would tell you my impressions so far.

Bonnie

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Feb 11, 09 1:17 AM
Thank you so much for your comments, Bonnie! They were really helpful to me. I think I may go ahead and buy this game. I also played through the whole trial.

Maggie

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Feb 12, 09 11:00 AM
I bought it and will finish it but it seems like a cheap imitation of plant tycoon which was an excellent game. I was excited when I saw it and I do like the graphics but its the same every stage more or less and not a good game. People need to stop jumping on the bandwagon of really well done games!

[Post New]by beskrajnost on Feb 14, 09 1:35 PM
great game

[Post New]by moseywo on Mar 10, 09 2:44 AM
It really is a boring game - I made it through about 35 minutes and the levels basically regurgitate themselves. NOTHING NEW!!

That's sucks cause the graphics and soundtrack of the game were absolutely lovely! I think I stayed mostly for that. Too bad - looks like it "could" have been an awesome game..

[Post New]by AiBiWei on May 23, 10 7:18 AM
bep1 wrote:Well, I, for one, really like this game. I love the lovely graphics, the pretty music, and trying to create different trees. All games do not have to be alike to be enjoyable.

Totally agree with you! I really enjoyed the mood of this game. Lovely graphics, and enchanting music. I enjoyed very much the tree designer option and the free gardening mode. It's just relaxing; if you are looking for big emotions this is obviously not your game, but if you want just relax and enjoy, give it a chance.

Anyone knowing whete to get the music in MP3...?

Go to: